|Cleansing Through The Blood Of Jesus
Daily Devotions: by Christina Farris
Some churches do not talk about the blood of Jesus. This being passion week it is the week most talk about the suffering of Christ. Without the knowledge or reason of the suffering one can not understanding cross of Jesus. The suffering was because of our sin of unbelief. His blood was shed because of unbelief that continues on today. No one believe who Jesus said he was. Because they believed not, they are in a since calling Him a liar. No believer wants to think in the terms of calling God a liar, or Christ a liar, but in truth until we believe, that exactly what we do. It is our unbelief that causes sin upon the earth for in truth bad things happen when we fail to follow the voice of God.
Those in unbelief walk with believers seeing if their faith is a reality or just a myth. One has to ask if the power of Jesus is real to you? The Bible has a lot of good verses in it that can be applied to anyone life beyond faith, yet it is when faith is applied the whole becomes a reality not to be entangled by. Yet our humanity causes our failings daily. The Devil is at the door without ever grasping we need him not for a lack of faith, because as humans, we rest in our perception of what we can see often and not by always the whole picture. God says go this way and in truth temptation we go the opposite based on what we know and not the Spirit of God. We all fall short in following our own judgment of things because it by what we can perceive. Eve talked to the serpent and could see the fruit looked edible. Anyone knowing anything about gardening or plants know that not everything is good to eat. Just because something on a plant looks good, does not mean you should eat it. It is like the potato is good for you but the green stem that comes out of the ground where the potato grows is not edible. Eve seen the fruit and said lets eat, but the devil tempted Eve into disobedience. Would Eve had done it on her own without temptation of the enemy, the answer is perhaps.
Our human nature is not one perfection so our ability to make an error is define by our Creator as plausible. We are created with a flaw, the ability to make a choice, and the ability to be imperfect. Yet we are also able to deny the ability to say whether we are sinner or not. With all this in mind, how can God hold us accountable for our ability to lie, or speak truth about His word. If I follow only my intelligent I fall short. If I admit freely I fall short, God is just to forgive me. The reason being is we recognize God as superior with authority over us. Jesus died for man not seeing who he was and not believing He was equal to God and was God the Father. Today if you made that claim you probably be in a mental institution, yet there many that claim their superior to another in life. Yet someone may have superior knowledge over another but it does not make them the wiser.
In truth the blood of Jesus was shed for so many because of our unbelief. Because of our inability to see who Jesus is and was. One must be able to receive Jesus as the Word of God and His His Son in human flesh. Jesus died because of kingship because people wanted him to be King, yet he came not to be earthly king on the throne at that time He walked in human flesh, but to become king of our hearts and without his death and resurrection He could not be King of Our hearts. Without the evidence of His resurrection. Forty days he remained with His disciples after His resurrection. Over 500 people saw him. I do not doubt people did not believe without seeing his hands and his feet. Thomas saw and believed without sticking his fingers in the nail holes. Yet some wanted to do the same perhaps as Thomas. Think for a moment of how far an ear can be pierced. The nail scarred hands how far can skin stretch and still remain shape. No I donít need to see piercing images to say it possible to have those nails go through the palm of the hand. How long before skin would stretch would depend on if rope went around the arms at all, even if not tightly wrapped for support. Jesus came out of the tomb. He pour the blood for you and me. He could of stopped his crucifixion but died for you and me. He showed us we can not get rid of Him so easily. Ground shook on the day of his death. Ripping the veil in the temple the divide the holies of holies from the rest of the sanctuary of the enter court. Declaring the believer was no longer separated from God. The only in-between need was Jesus. Blood was pour out for our sin of unbelief.
Dear Heavenly Father forgive our unbelief for even believers do not always obey your truth, though you be with them always. In Jesus precious name, Amen.
Continual Scripture Study for Devotion:Hebrews 9:14-28 KJV
(14) How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
(15) And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
(16) For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
(17) For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
(18) Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.
(19) For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,
(20) Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.
(21) Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.
(22) And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
(23) It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
(24) For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
(25) Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
(26) For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
(27) And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
(28) So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.