Daily Devotions: by Christina Farris
Jeshurun is a symbolic name for Israel. It not a common name, but one of the many names of Israel. Moses was king of Israel only when all the tribes were together. The USA president is like a king when in office for he speaks to all states and beyond. But our nation was found with faith in one God. Yet many of our states say the pledge with the words under God in it. Our nation divided by the word God and not by the word love. God is love, but God is individual that gave Moses the law to give to the people. Moses taught the law to the people. Our leaders that fail to teach how the law appropriate works fail our nation and our people, whether the law be fair or not. In godly world everything is taught and education to free oneself from sin by confession. That no one is perfect, but God. Godís laws are fair even to the sinful man who choose not always the ways of God. Kill only gets one killed or jailed. Adultery only gets one in trouble with their home and their lovers family. Coveting what others have only makes one greedy. And simple logic as the law of God is, even the heathens know it is good, even if they understand the first law to obey and honor God.
Moses an intercessor for Godís people. Yet Moses could not save people from their sins. He could only warn people about the cost of sin, and could only offer the sacrifices for sin. Could only perform the religious act of sacrifice for sin. The sacrifice for sin had to be repeat until Christ came. Christ did away with the sacrifice for sin, for He was and is the only sacrifice for sin. Jesus is called the prince of peace, the kings of kings, and the Lord of Lords. What the sacrifice for sin could not do was be continual offering to the Lord. Yet Jesus would be a continual sacrifice to the Lord. How often do we give God is word back, because either we do not want to hear it, or we desire to obey but only fail. Yet with the intercessor of Godís word about mercy, grace and hope, would we continue to turn away from sin, or try too?
Dear Heavenly Father let our faith be guarded by your Spirit, as we listen to your word and gain truth about obedience to you. In Jesus precious name, Amen.
Continual Scripture Study for Devotion:Hebrews 9:19-28 KJV
(19) For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,
(20) Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.
(21) Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.
(22) And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
(23) It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
(24) For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
(25) Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
(26) For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
(27) And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
(28) So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.