|9/15/2012 recording date. audio/video is 15 minutes
takes a few minutes to load so be patient please. Or
just read ahead. Also the following week it is air on
utube on turtle30cshell channel. Just type in website
name when you got to utube.
The Good Shepherd
Today coming live from Turtle30cshell.com, I am your
host Christina Farris. Jesus is the door. If you have a
sheep farm there always has to be gate or a door to the
sheep fold/pen. In order to get to the sheep one has to
open the gate, to climb over is the way a thief would go. It
same principal the owner of a house uses the door, but a
thief unless they break the lock, will go through window.
In other words they force entry into the pen. Now let us
begin today’s passage:
John 10:1-6 KJV
(1) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by
the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other
way, the same is a thief and a robber.
(2) But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of
(3) To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his
voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth
(4) And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth
before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his
(5) And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from
him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
(6) This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they
understood not what things they were which he spake
The gatekeeper or porter as they were called in Bible
days could go to the door and open it and call the sheep
out and the sheep would listen and follow. We might play
follow the leader but in truth, one can not follow a leader
without either observation or instructions from the leader.
Jesus when he calls the sheep they listen and follow.
Jesus is the Word of God reprehensive of God the
Father. Let us continue
John 10:7-15 KJV
(7) Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say
unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
(8) All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers:
but the sheep did not hear them.
(9) I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be
saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
(10) The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and
to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that
they might have it more abundantly.
(11) I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth
his life for the sheep.
(12) But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd,
whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and
leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them,
and scattereth the sheep.
(13) The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and
careth not for the sheep.
(14) I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and
am known of mine.
(15) As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the
Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
(16) And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold:
them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and
there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
(17) Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay
down my life, that I might take it again.
(18) No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself.
I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it
again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
Jesus is the door to God. One has to hear the Word of
God to believe, or to hear God. Jesus is the word of God.
With Jesus being the Word the door is open to God when
one hears God speak to their hearts by the Holy Spirit
this is Jesus. Yet Jesus was in flesh. Because Jesus
came in the flesh. Salvation coming in physical form for
you and I to see physically, not only spiritual. Now
someone that speaks not truth of God’s word is a thief, is
someone wanting to steal the sheep. If you have sheep in
a pen and a hungry wolf outside he will do his best to find
a way to get to those sheep but he never comes through
gate. The reason being the shepherd is on guard at the
gate. That wolf thinks he so cleaver he will do anything to
by pass the gate to bring harm to one innocent lamb, but
because they are in the fold and guarded by the shepherd
the wolf can not harm them as long as they listen to the
If the shepherd hires a person to tend to the sheep and
the hireling sees the wolf coming then the hireling will
flee. Very few people will stand up to a wolf now a days.
Yet there are those that work jobs that stand up against
criminals at the risk of their own lives. Sometimes
ministers have to stand up against the devil. Yet if
minister refuses to stand against the devil, I guarantee
that he is nothing more then a hireling, one that will take
bribes and say whatever someone else wants them to
say. Watch out for these people. The one you want to
follow is Jesus, the word of God in the flesh, because He
is the doorway to God.
John 10:19-30 KJV
(19) There was a division therefore again among the
Jews for these sayings.
(20) And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad;
why hear ye him?
(21) Others said, These are not the words of him that
hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?
(22) And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication,
and it was winter.
(23) And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.
(24) Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto
him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the
Christ, tell us plainly.
(25) Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed
not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear
witness of me.
(26) But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep,
as I said unto you.
(27) My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they
(28) And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall
never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my
(29) My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all;
and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
(30) I and my Father are one.
Then Jesus began to be questioned by the crowd if he
was the Christ. Jesus plainly tells them you would know if
you were my sheep. Meaning if you follow God’s word
you know Jesus was the Christ the one to come.
Prophesy of Old Testament spoke of who Christ was. Yet
those knew not the Word of God so they did not
understand Jesus or his language. He also says He is one
with the Father and the way He is one with the Father is
because He is the Word of God. So God the Father
speaks then salvation comes from the mouth of God. Yet
it also came in the flesh so that it could manifested in a
visible way for us to understand.
1 Timothy 3:16 KJV says this
(16) And without controversy great is the mystery of
godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the
Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles,
believed on in the world, received up into glory.
God is manifested in the flesh, His very Word was in
human form. Came as a baby so that we might not only
understand who God is, but so we understand that God
knows we suffer in this life, for He was touched by our
infirmities when they nailed him to the cross. Christ knew
what was to fast, to pray to wait. If a minister can not
fast, can not pray, and can not wait on the Lord then he
is not a minister. To wait on the Lord is to do nothing, but
to sit back and wait until the Lord speaks. Not to move
without his leadership. Christ not only set the example for
us, but set the example for our leaders in our churches.
John 10:31-42 KJV
(31) Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
(32) Jesus answered them, Many good works have I
shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do
ye stone me?
(33) The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we
stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that
thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
(34) Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I
said, Ye are gods?
(35) If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God
came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
(36) Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and
sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I
am the Son of God?
(37) If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
(38) But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the
works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is
in me, and I in him.
(39) Therefore they sought again to take him: but he
escaped out of their hand,
(40) And went away again beyond Jordan into the place
where John at first baptized; and there he abode.
(41) And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no
miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were
(42) And many believed on him there.
Jesus declared Himself equal with the Father. A few years
ago I sent through a journey, not because I did not
believe in the equality of Christ with the Father, but I
never heard the term before. If you never heard the term
equality of Christ with God do not be surprised, I do not
think it talked of much. Why because it not something
discussed, it something understood by the Spirit of God.
There many terms as believers we accept on faith without
ever examine the truth of the matter. Even when we read
and study scripture on our own. The term we are gods is
mentioned in this passage of scripture, but it goes to
show those Christ spoke to knew not the scripture.
Genesis 3:5 KJV
(5) For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof,
then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods,
knowing good and evil.
We are like gods, without the power of God and even with
the power of the Holy Spirit working in our lives, we are
not God, for the Holy Spirit power is not controlled by us
but by God. Jesus’ Spirit was the Holy Spirit, but being
the Word of God He moved by the power of God. Jesus’
decisions are the same as God because of who He is.
God is consistent whether it be His Word, or His Spirit or
the Father. It makes no different the consistency is there.
Yet little gods may have knowledge between good and
evil and the ability to create, but all things little gods
create is not consistent, or everlasting. Everything man
creates will pass away. Everything God creates has
eternal life. However where eternity is spent is up to you.
If you believe in Jesus then your eternity is secure in
heaven, if you believe not in Jesus then your eternity is
secure in eternal lake of fire.
Christ wanted to know why they had problems with this
language because even they claimed to be little gods.
Christ claim of equality disturb the crowd and they
sought to stone him. Christ is the only one to have the
title of equality with God.
Philippians 2:5-11 KJV
(5) Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ
(6) Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery
to be equal with God:
(7) But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him
the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of
(8) And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled
himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death
of the cross.
(9) Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and
given him a name which is above every name:
(10) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under
(11) And that every tongue should confess that Jesus
Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
We must remember who did Christ come to save those
that were lost, who was lost the gentile nation. Yet Christ
came to unite all people to Himself. The Word coming so
that the law of the Old Testament would not be a task
master to those who never knew Him, but for the law of
love to penetrate the hearts of every believer. To love
God and to love others. Christ equality to God the Father
should not be confused by us being united by the Spirit
of God, for our spirit is not God, but God spirit comes
into our hearts and sups with us by the Word of God.
God’s Spirit seals us declaring us His child upon
salvation, yet we are not equal to Christ because we are
not the word of God though we speak the Words of God.
For this reason the people wish to destroy the Son of
God because of who He claim to be. Persecution still
exist. Why because of those who believe not who Jesus
Dear Heavenly Father help those who are struggling with
the equality of Christ to you find truth in your word and
understanding by the Holy Spirit. In Jesus precious name,