|8/25/2012 recording date audio/video is 16 minutes
takes a few minutes to load so be patient please. Or
just read ahead. Also the following week it is air on
utube on turtle30cshell channel. Just type in website
name when you got to utube.
Time of Trouble
Coming live from turtle30cshell I am your host
Christina Farris. Today we will be talking on John 7
when Jesus begins to feel the pressure of the
opposition. Opposition is normal part of life. If the
pressure of opposition does not get you then the Lord
will one day take you home to be with Him.
Opposition or negative response is normal. If you
never had to deal with people that disagreed with
you, you never walked in the world. I often think of
close societies where freedom of thought is not
allowed to be expressed, but in a free society that
negativity is normal way of life. Most of us would
rather walk where there is total sunshine all the time,
yet with out rain clouds there is never any storms and
the world would be dry and unpleasant to live in. Yet
with rain and storms of life on the outside looks
better. As the flowers begin to bloom. So it is with
faith, faith with no storms has only light, without
darkness of the world we never see the value of the
Jesus’ family and friends could not understand why
Jesus did not immediately go to the feast. Jesus was
not teaching publicly at the moment because of the
crowd and opposition but was doing so in secret. No
one could understand why anyone would oppose
Jesus. I often wonder that myself. Yet it was because
of who He was and who he claimed to be. Those that
believe that God is not real feel a person going in
ministry is wasting there time and that one more
preacher that going to tell them there is a God. People
who do not believe don’t want to hear there is a God.
In truth many understand not that God is a God of
love and not hate and desires us all to have a
gumdrop lollipop life, but in truth life is not so sweet
as long as opposition exist.
Jesus opposition to him was to be expected. His
opposition came because some did not believe
especially his family and others did not believe he was
a good teacher. Let us begin today’s reading after this
short commentary on the passage we are about to
John 7:1-13 KJV
(1) After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he
would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to
(2) Now the Jews' feast of tabernacles was at hand.
(3) His brethren therefore said unto him, Depart
hence, and go into Judaea, that thy disciples also may
see the works that thou doest.
(4) For there is no man that doeth any thing in secret,
and he himself seeketh to be known openly. If thou do
these things, shew thyself to the world.
(5) For neither did his brethren believe in him.
(6) Then Jesus said unto them, My time is not yet
come: but your time is alway ready.
(7) The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth,
because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.
(8) Go ye up unto this feast: I go not up yet unto this
feast; for my time is not yet full come.
(9) When he had said these words unto them, he
abode still in Galilee.
(10) But when his brethren were gone up, then went
he also up unto the feast, not openly, but as it were in
(11) Then the Jews sought him at the feast, and said,
Where is he?
(12) And there was much murmuring among the
people concerning him: for some said, He is a good
man: others said, Nay; but he deceiveth the people.
(13) Howbeit no man spake openly of him for fear of
Jesus response to his family was his time had not yet
come. The opposition of the crowd would one day
lead to his death, but he had much teaching to do
first. Stayed in Galilee and Jews looked for Jesus.
Some said he was a deceiver. What they meant is that
they felt that this man Jesus was leading people
astray with his teaching. Because of this people were
afraid to speak openly about Jesus. Jesus then
comes to feast right around the middle of it to be
exact and began to teach in the temple. Let us
continue with today’s chapter.
John 7:14-32 KJV
(14) Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up
into the temple, and taught.
(15) And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth
this man letters, having never learned?
(16) Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is
not mine, but his that sent me.
(17) If any man will do his will, he shall know of the
doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of
(18) He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own
glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the
same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.
(19) Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of
you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?
(20) The people answered and said, Thou hast a
devil: who goeth about to kill thee?
(21) Jesus answered and said unto them, I have done
one work, and ye all marvel.
(22) Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision;
(not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers;) and ye
on the sabbath day circumcise a man.
(23) If a man on the sabbath day receive
circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be
broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a
man every whit whole on the sabbath day?
(24) Judge not according to the appearance, but
judge righteous judgment.
(25) Then said some of them of Jerusalem, Is not this
he, whom they seek to kill?
(26) But, lo, he speaketh boldly, and they say nothing
unto him. Do the rulers know indeed that this is the
(27) Howbeit we know this man whence he is: but
when Christ cometh, no man knoweth whence he is.
(28) Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught,
saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am:
and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is
true, whom ye know not.
(29) But I know him: for I am from him, and he hath
(30) Then they sought to take him: but no man laid
hands on him, because his hour was not yet come.
(31) And many of the people believed on him, and
said, When Christ cometh, will he do more miracles
than these which this man hath done?
(32) The Pharisees heard that the people murmured
such things concerning him; and the Pharisees and
the chief priests sent officers to take him.
People marvel at the teaching of Jesus and wonder
where he learn this doctrine. Doctrine of God never
changes. One knows by his teaching if it was of God
or not. For the doctrine came from the one that sent
Him. Circumcision actually came at the time of
Abraham. It was the circumcision of faith. Yet the
circumcision that Israel received from Moses was of
man not of God. They believed in Moses and the
prophets, but they did not believe in the one that sent
them. Many believe in Jesus but not God. They
believe the Bible stories but not in God. Yet faith
comes with hearing the word of God. When one
experience the word of God being effective in their
lives then they believe in God and not necessarily
before. Some might call it a defining of faith from a
surface faith, of saying I believe and a heart
circumcision of faith. Many can believe a minister,
teacher or prophet if they see things not normal man
be accomplished through prayer, yet what one fails to
see is God.
The people were use to saying we have Moses and
the prophets. What can they do for you but lead you
to God, beyond that point they can not save you. God’
s word must save you. God sent the Word forth and it
is believed because it comes from God. Jesus is the
Word of God in the flesh or the Spirit of prophesy.
Jesus said if one comes speaking of himself then he
is a devil. Yet Jesus spoke of himself and the Father.
Now what the difference. It simple really what did
Jesus seek, the will of God and not the will of man.
He did not seek to be lifted up. Though many want to
lift him up on the cross, yet his time was not yet. Many
want to lift the word of God up only to twist it turn it
and change it to suit themselves. They had heard
Christ teach and what he taught was of faith. There is
nothing wrong with admiration of good minister
including Moses. Moses was a man of faith yet not
always obedient to God, no minister is perfect, but
Christ was. He lived without sin. Why because He
was the Word of God in the flesh. Though Jesus
came in corruptible body, Jesus was still perfect. That
why when one attends church or other fellowship it
wise to read scripture to know it for yourself, so you
know what you are hearing is of God or not. There
are many good minister but all make mistakes.
However your faith should never be based on what
minister says but what God says.
Circumcision was a testimony of faith. A Jewish baby
boy received circumcision eight days after birth no
matter whether it was on Sabbath. This was consider
work. Yet it was performed even on the Sabbath. Yet
Jesus had healed on the Sabbath and it was consider
sin. Circumcision of the flesh worth more then
circumcision of the soul. Circumcision of the soul
about faith, repentance and forgiveness. At eight days
old a baby only has the knowledge God gives him. It
is outward sign that a parent will raise the child in
faith of God. This angered the Jews because they
would have to admit what Jesus said was true. They
sought the more to kill Jesus. Yet Jesus tells them He
was leaving and they could not follow. Why they
could not follow because they believe not in Him or
the one that sent Him. Let us finish the chapter in:
John 7:33-53 KJV
(33) Then said Jesus unto them, Yet a little while am I
with you, and then I go unto him that sent me.
(34) Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and
where I am, thither ye cannot come.
(35) Then said the Jews among themselves, Whither
will he go, that we shall not find him? will he go unto
the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the
(36) What manner of saying is this that he said, Ye
shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am,
thither ye cannot come?
(37) In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus
stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him
come unto me, and drink.
(38) He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath
said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
(39) (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that
believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was
not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet
(40) Many of the people therefore, when they heard
this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.
(41) Others said, This is the Christ. But some said,
Shall Christ come out of Galilee?
(42) Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh
of the seed of David, and out of the town of
Bethlehem, where David was?
(43) So there was a division among the people
because of him.
(44) And some of them would have taken him; but no
man laid hands on him.
(45) Then came the officers to the chief priests and
Pharisees; and they said unto them, Why have ye not
(46) The officers answered, Never man spake like
(47) Then answered them the Pharisees, Are ye also
(48) Have any of the rulers or of the Pharisees
believed on him?
(49) But this people who knoweth not the law are
(50) Nicodemus saith unto them, (he that came to
Jesus by night, being one of them,)
(51) Doth our law judge any man, before it hear him,
and know what he doeth?
(52) They answered and said unto him, Art thou also
of Galilee? Search, and look: for out of Galilee ariseth
(53) And every man went unto his own house.
Nicodemus a man that came to Jesus by night in
Chapter 3 of John was searching out scripture. He
asked does the law judge without hearing the man
first. No prophet arises out of Galilee. Nicodemus
knew not the Jesus was born in Bethlehem.
Nicodemus heard and accused but did not ask where
Jesus was born or when his birthday was. If he had
he would of known there was a census that year.
How often things are said in ignorance. Nicodemus
would one day become a follower of Jesus in secret
but today was not the day. Yet he was searching. He
was weighing Jesus words with scripture. So must
we weigh God’s word with scripture to know if it is
Him or not. Though as a born again believer we have
the Holy Spirit seal and the Spirit speaks to our
hearts, we still must weigh what we hear. Before one
is saved it wise to search out the truth so you will
know the truth. I am sure children that receive Christ
have much to learn about scripture but it must be
taught. Holy Spirit will teach all things, but ministers
and teachers have a call to teach as well.
Dear Heavenly Father help the world to seek you and
to look to you and not man. To seek you in all things.
Thank you for giving us both Your Spirit and the
scripture to show the truth of who you are. In Jesus
precious name, Amen.