|7/21/2012 recording date. audio/video is 11 minutes
takes a few minutes to load so be patient please. Or
just read ahead. Also the following week it is air on
utube on turtle30cshell channel. Just type in website
name when you got to utube.
I am you host Christina Farris Coming live from
Turtle30cshell home, I am hear to present the Gospel of
Jesus Christ. Today our lesson is on living water. We
think of water being object not living, however if you put
our water under a microscope you find all kinds of
bacteria and germs in it. However the living water has no
bacteria it is the straight truth of the Gospel that brings
forth life to every individual that will drink a cup of water.
In order for someone to receive a cup of water one has to
have a means in which for it to flow. In old days that
would have been a creek or a river. However with our
creeks and river being not as clean as they use to be,
fresh spring water or water deep below the surface
seems much purer. Either way man has to find a way to
get the water clean again. They try chlorine and many
other sanitizers, but only Jesus is the living water that is
pure. His fountain flows deep and wide. There is no other
river that is pure. Man creates many means to travel
water from one place to another. Man does the same with
Gospel of Jesus. By the time the word is filtered, purified
the only thing that will remain is Jesus. Why because the
truth of the matter is the deeper we go in to knowing
Jesus the pureness of the word of God comes into our
life. However we first need a cup and the knowledge of
where to find this water.
A woman came to a well outside Samaria to draw water
and Jesus was sitting at the well. Listen as I read this
passage of scripture to you.
John 4:1-26 KJV
(1) When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had
heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than
(2) (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his
(3) He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee.
(4) And he must needs go through Samaria.
(5) Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called
Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to
his son Joseph.
(6) Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being
wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was
about the sixth hour.
(7) There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water:
Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.
(8) (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to
(9) Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it
that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a
woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with
(10) Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest
the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me
to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would
have given thee living water.
(11) The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to
draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast
thou that living water?
(12) Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave
us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children,
and his cattle?
(13) Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever
drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
(14) But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give
him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him
shall be in him a well of water springing up into
(15) The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water,
that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.
(16) Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and
(17) The woman answered and said, I have no husband.
Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no
(18) For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou
now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.
(19) The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou
art a prophet.
(20) Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye
say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to
(21) Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour
cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at
Jerusalem, worship the Father.
(22) Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we
worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
(23) But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true
worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in
truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
(24) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must
worship him in spirit and in truth.
(25) The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias
cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will
tell us all things.
(26) Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.
Jesus the Messiah the true living water, the one that was
to come and would tell of all things. Here Jesus is using
the very thing in front of him to speak of spiritual truths.
Sometimes that what we need to do when carrying the
gospel of Jesus. Sometimes we need to use what is in
front of us as demonstration of who Jesus is. Jesus
speaks of himself. He speaks of Him being living water.
He is speaking of himself being the word of God in the
flesh. Not only the living water but the one that would tell
this woman all things. Let us continue with passage of
John 4:27-42 KJV
(27) And upon this came his disciples, and marvelled that
he talked with the woman: yet no man said, What seekest
thou? or, Why talkest thou with her?
(28) The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way
into the city, and saith to the men,
(29) Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I
did: is not this the Christ?
(30) Then they went out of the city, and came unto him.
(31) In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying,
(32) But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye
know not of.
(33) Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath
any man brought him ought to eat?
(34) Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of
him that sent me, and to finish his work.
(35) Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then
cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your
eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to
(36) And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth
fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he
that reapeth may rejoice together.
(37) And herein is that saying true, One soweth, and
(38) I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no
labour: other men laboured, and ye are entered into their
(39) And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on
him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told
me all that ever I did.
(40) So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they
besought him that he would tarry with them: and he
abode there two days.
(41) And many more believed because of his own word;
(42) And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not
because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves,
and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the
How can someone get a cup of water if they have no
means in which to fetch the water with. If you drawing
from a deep well you need a bucket and a rope. If you
drop the bucket into the well, it got to be heavy enough
to sink then that bucket has to be pulled up by a rope,
back then by hand, they did not have a crank or a pulley
or pump to lift the water out with. Minister are like the
tools in which to pull water out of the well. This woman
after hearing all of Jesus words and all that was said
concerning ever herself knew He was at the least a
prophet. She leaves him to take the water Jesus had
given to her and spread through her whole town. That
water she gave was like fresh gossip, yet it was truth,
but it was enough to get the men of the village to follow
her to Jesus. Jesus spoke the truth of the Gospel so that
this woman village could believe. He even remain
speaking to them for two days. What a retreat or oasis
for two days to hear the voice of Jesus speaking truth to
this small village. They knew upon hearing He was the
Savior of the whole world.
Jesus is the living water, all truth comes from God, the
devil is about lies and deceit of who God is. The purest
from of scripture would be the source which is God.
Today we have Holy Spirit to speak all truth to us
concerning the ways of God. To worship God we must
worship in spirit and in truth. To worship God is know
Jesus and the to listen to the Holy Spirit when He gives
you a drink of the word of God. A minister, a teacher, the
voice of God himself can minister to you His Word.
However in order to take that first drink the word has to
be present. We can have awareness of a creator through
his handiwork, but until the Word of God declares the
salvation message of repentance and belief in Jesus to
your heart, the knowledge of God is only seen and not
heard or received by an individual. When we admit our
sins Jesus is just to forgive us of all our sins.
Dear Heavenly Father thank you for the your word being
present by the Holy Spirit into our hearts by your still
small voice, through ministers and teachers. In Jesus
precious name, Amen.