|7/12/2012 recording date. audio/video is 10 minutes
takes a few minutes to load so be patient please. Or
just read ahead. Also the following week it is air on
utube on turtle30cshell channel. Just type in website
name when you got to utube.
One Must Decrease for God’s
Word to Increase
This is your host Christina Farris coming live today from
turtle30cshell home to share a simple message concerning
the fact we must decrease for God’s Word to increase. I am
not talking about death, but about God’s word coming into a
person life and increasing with knowledge by the Spirit and
minister or teacher becoming less important to the believer. It
like filling a glass with milk. Unless the milk is poured into a
baby’s bottle and the baby begins picking up the bottle himself
to drink, he will only be depended on his care giver. At some
point that baby has to learn to drink milk for himself or it has
little value in the baby desire to sustain life for himself. Unless
a child begins to read on his own a child will never learn
beyond what he is taught. Today’s passage comes from:
John 3:22-36 KJV
(22) After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the
land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.
(23) And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim,
because there was much water there: and they came, and
(24) For John was not yet cast into prison.
(25) Then there arose a question between some of John's
disciples and the Jews about purifying.
(26) And they came unto John, and said unto him, Rabbi, he
that was with thee beyond Jordan, to whom thou barest
witness, behold, the same baptizeth, and all men come to him.
(27) John answered and said, A man can receive nothing,
except it be given him from heaven.
(28) Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the
Christ, but that I am sent before him.
(29) He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of
the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth
greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy
therefore is fulfilled.
(30) He must increase, but I must decrease.
(31) He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the
earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh
from heaven is above all.
(32) And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and
no man receiveth his testimony.
(33) He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal
that God is true.
(34) For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God:
for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
(35) The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into
(36) He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he
that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of
God abideth on him.
God is our caregiver, unless we take time to hear from God
ourselves to listen to Him then we will be at an impasse.
Christ is the Solid rock in which we stand. All other ground is
sinking sand. We need to desire Christ the Word of God. To
desire to grow in the milk of the word. Scripture says in:
1 Peter 2:1-3 KJV
(1) Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and
hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
(2) As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word,
that ye may grow thereby:
(3) If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
The whole Gospel message can be summoned up with love.
Yet some might ask how can one say it love when John is
speaking of having to decrease so the bride groom is more
important. A Father has to decrease in a bride’s life in order for
her to be depended on her husband. A woman has to stand
with her mate. Just like each of us must stand with Christ on
our own. Christ being the Word of God, must take root in order
for us to stand upon it. The church is married to the
bridegroom Jesus. What it means is that Christ is Lord above
the church. Christ meaning the Word of God that takes away
the sins of the world. Sin of the world meaning the guilt that is
caused by knowing the commandments of God, knowing the
righteousness of God and knowing the judgment and
condemnation of God, yet a plan of salvation was given to us
that if we walk by the Spirit of God there would be no
condemnation. We must follow the Word of God. Jesus says if
you love me keep my commandments, but the only
commandments given in the Old Testament summed up the
ten commandments to love the Lord thy God and to love your
neighbor has yourself.
David a man of righteousness with God committed adultery by
sleeping with Bathesheba. Yet God punished him for that sin.
Yet the sin itself did not stop him being righteous before God.
God still corrected David by the loss of his child. Tragedy
strikes all of us in different ways, it does not mean it always
punishment from God, but in this case it was. God’s correction
is swift with the sword. His Word breaks us from sin. Until
what God’s say penetrates our hearts and we decide that God’
s Word is true we can not escape the fiery pit called hell on
John made it clear he was not the Christ, he could save no
one, but He could lead them to the one that could save them.
He point straight to Jesus and declared he was the Lamb of
God that could take away the sins of the world. David a man of
God from the Old Testament had to believe that Prophet
Nathan and accept the punishment of God. Yet it changed not
his status of faith. David said in:
Psalms 32:1-2 KJV
(1) A Psalm of David, Maschil. Blessed is he whose
transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
(2) Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not
iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.
Also it is repeated in Romans 4 by the apostle Paul to the
Romans 4:6-8 KJV
(6) Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man,
unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
(7) Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven,
and whose sins are covered.
(8) Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven who’s sins are
not covered is speaking of the believer. For Christ took away
our sins by the shed blood and death on the cross. God will
corrects us like any good Father, but His correction is through
the Word. The penetrating of our hearts that we understand
our imperfection without Christ. Yet Christ came to take away
the sins of the world. By doing so, we are made whole. Sin is
still sin, consequence for sin is death, but the gift of God is
eternal life with Christ Jesus. Christ justifies us through His
death on the cross. Christ bore our guilt and our open shame.
We all nailed Christ to the cross. We nail His word to the cross,
when we do not obey it or we twist God’s word and make it
mean something it is not. Each time this happens we put a nail
in Christ and or add a strip to Him. We must remember the
words found in:
Romans 8:1-17 KJV
(1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which
are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the
(2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made
me free from the law of sin and death.
(3) For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through
the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful
flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
(4) That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us,
who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
(5) For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the
flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
(6) For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually
minded is life and peace.
(7) Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not
subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
(8) So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
(9) But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the
Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit
of Christ, he is none of his.
(10) And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin;
but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
(11) But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead
dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also
quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
(12) Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to
live after the flesh.
(13) For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through
the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
(14) For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the
sons of God.
(15) For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to
fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we
cry, Abba, Father.
(16) The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we
are the children of God:
(17) And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs
with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be
also glorified together.
No condemnation to those that walk after the Spirit of God. No
condemnation to those that walk after the Spirit of God. Christ
came not to condemn but a day of judgment is coming. The
judgment is not just now but when Christ returns. Better to be
judge now and recognize you are in need of a Savior or die not
knowing Jesus the Word of God.
Dear Heavenly Father, help us to receive that Christ is the
payment for our sins. That He bore our iniquity on the cross. In
Jesus precious name, Amen.