|05/04/2013 recording date. audio/video is 9 minutes
takes a few minutes to load so be patient please. Or
just read ahead. Also the following week it is air on
utube on turtle30cshell channel. Just type in website
name when you got to utube.
Vessel Unworthy or Worthy
I am your host Christina Farris. Are you unworthy or
worthy vessel to the Lord. Where are you in your life. Are
you living for the Lord? Or are you like the Prodigal Son
eating corn in the hog pen, before realizing there is a
easier way and that through humility to God. Our calling
from God can be either a life pleasing to God or a life of ill
repute. God uses both life to demonstrate two different life
styles. Let us read today’s passage.
Romans 11:29-36 KJV
(29) For the gifts and calling of God are without
(30) For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet
have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
(31) Even so have these also now not believed, that
through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
(32) For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he
might have mercy upon all.
(33) O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and
knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments,
and his ways past finding out!
(34) For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who
hath been his counsellor?
(35) Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be
recompensed unto him again?
(36) For of him, and through him, and to him, are all
things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
If you got a call on your life from God whether you are
running or whether you are serving God, I can guarantee
you are a preacher. See there two types of people in this
world believers and non believers. Jews were believers
and the Gentiles were unbelievers. Yet the Gentiles would
gain mercy from God through the Messiah Jesus Christ.
They would gain a hope of eternal life, based on belief. Yet
the Jewish heart would be harden to Jesus, only for a
time. Purpose was so the gentiles could gain the mercy of
God. Yet the Jewish people were called by God to serve
Him. And in all truth they served Him not always as they
should. Yet God would use their disobedience and unbelief
to bring the Gentiles to Him.
Romans 9:11-33 KJV
(11) (For the children being not yet born, neither having
done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according
to election might stand, not of works, but of him that
(12) It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the
(13) As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I
(14) What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness
with God? God forbid.
(15) For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I
will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will
(16) So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that
runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
(17) For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this
same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my
power in thee, and that my name might be declared
throughout all the earth.
(18) Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have
mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
(19) Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find
fault? For who hath resisted his will?
(20) Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against
God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it,
Why hast thou made me thus?
(21) Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same
lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto
(22) What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make
his power known, endured with much longsuffering the
vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
(23) And that he might make known the riches of his glory
on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared
(24) Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only,
but also of the Gentiles?
(25) As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people,
which were not my people; and her beloved, which was
(26) And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it
was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they
be called the children of the living God.
(27) Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the
number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea,
a remnant shall be saved:
(28) For he will finish the work, and cut it short in
righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make
upon the earth.
(29) And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of
Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and
been made like unto Gomorrha.
(30) What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which
followed not after righteousness, have attained to
righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
(31) But Israel, which followed after the law of
righteousness, hath not attained to the law of
(32) Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but
as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at
(33) As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone
and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall
not be ashamed.
The one that sins is not justified by sin, but justified
through faith in Christ Jesus. Our righteousness comes
through faith and by the law of Moses, not by our good
deeds or evil deeds. Yet when standing before God
almighty and He looks at you and says what have you
been doing on earth. If you should say living life to fullest,
partying, drinking, smoking weed and doing all sorts of
things, God is not going to be pleased. Though you
believed, you did not love God. In fact you chose to live by
your own desires and not the ways of God. You chose
your eternity. You choose your eternity not by your
actions, but belief in God, who makes you righteous. Yet
redemption only comes through forgiveness from sin
which is through Christ Jesus. Salvation comes with
repentance. Repentance meaning to turn away from sin.
Many believe in God and have faith that God exist and
does rule, yet not obey God. They even follow the
traditions and rules of the church on Sunday and when the
doors of God’s house are open, but they live the life
outside of church pleasing to self and the world. You can
perform all the customs of religious dogma, and not be
saved. Until you come humbly before the Lord and receive
His salvation plan through Christ Jesus and repent of your
sins, you going to spend eternity in a pit called hell.
Traditions have no value if the heart is in unbelief mode.
God desires people of both the Jew and Gentile that have
a heart for Him. We all sin and our sin often teaches us
about repentance or it teaches us to keep sinning. Others
watch us and choose faith and no faith based on our
witness. Our goaled should be to strive to be a vessel
pleasing to God. God gives a believer the ability through
the Holy Spirit when we rely on Him to be a vessel of
honor. God gives no power to be evil, except the freedom
of choice. Without choice one does not have the
willingness to serve God. It is dictatorship if forced to
obey. When we choose to obey God, our desire is to do
good. Our desire is to please God. It takes no conscious
effort to continue in a life of sin, it takes conscious effort
to believe and to live for God. To receive Christ as Savior
is receiving God redemption plan. A plan to take away all
our sin, because of Christ sacrifice for you and me. Is your
life a testimony for Jesus or a testimony for the devil?