|10/27/2012 recording date. audio/video is 10 minutes
takes a few minutes to load so be patient please. Or
just read ahead. Also the following week it is air on
utube on turtle30cshell channel. Just type in website
name when you got to utube.
Warning To The Disciples
IComing live from turtle30cshell.com, I am your host
Christina Farris. Today we are talking about the
warning of Jesus to his followers. Warning of
persecution to follow. In today’s world we should not
have to deal with persecution of freedom of faith is
real. If we worship God, and His Word then what do
we have to fear. Last week I talked about abiding in
the vine. Vine goes to the winepress in Revelations.
Let me read a few verses.
Revelation 14:18-20 KJV
(18) And another angel came out from the altar,
which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry
to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy
sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the
earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
(19) And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth,
and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the
great winepress of the wrath of God.
(20) And the winepress was trodden without the city,
and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the
horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six
The wrath of God gathered of the vine speaking of
the crucifixion of Christ and His blood being poured
out for you and me. See Christ bore our punishment
taking on the sins of the world. The church will takes
on the sins of world. For the church is persecuted for
being against sin and things of destruction. The world
hates the church, because they know not God or care
for the things of God. They have no respect even for
the legal law. They are crooker then a snake for the
world imitates the church to deceive the world. Then
they say we need not God to do what is right. Yet
they believe not scripture of what is just and right.
They believe not to love God first and to love others
has yourself. They believe in the degrading of human
life. Life and liberty has no place in society. They are
like the cannibals of years gone by. The world is often
blood thirsty, Wrath of God comes with the word of
God. It is like a knife or arrow penetrating the heart by
the Spirit of God.
The killing and persecution of the saints no one ever
wants to talk about. The world ignores what they do
to people that are different then them. Yet are
Christians any better. That what the world ask, are
Christians any better. Yet when the humanity of a
Christian shines forth to glorify not God the evil one
then he or she is not walking in submission to God.
As Christian are goaled should be to glorify our make,
our creator, the Holy One. Have we forgotten how to
praise the Lord? Have we forgotten how to speak
praises of God.
Jesus had taught his disciples how to teach, how to
preach, and how to deliver the people out of hell by
the word of God. Jesus even taught them how to deal
with opposition from speaking up for truth to laying
one’s life down so the truth could be preached. He
also taught them they would be persecuted. No one
ever talks about it in the sense of Christ persecution,
for all one wants to see is love. In Matthew Gospel the
message of the winepress.
Matthew 21:33-41 KJV
(33) Hear another parable: There was a certain
householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it
round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a
tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a
(34) And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent
his servants to the husbandmen, that they might
receive the fruits of it.
(35) And the husbandmen took his servants, and
beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.
(36) Again, he sent other servants more than the first:
and they did unto them likewise.
(37) But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying,
They will reverence my son.
(38) But when the husbandmen saw the son, they
said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us
kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.
(39) And they caught him, and cast him out of the
vineyard, and slew him.
(40) When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh,
what will he do unto those husbandmen?
(41) They say unto him, He will miserably destroy
those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto
other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits
in their seasons.
God sends the minister forth to preach the gospel,
and the devils kill the ministers and ministers keep
coming until Christ comes and then they kill the
Messiah. Then God’s wrath is poured out on all
nations. So beginning with today’s passage
John 16:1-16 KJV
(1) These things have I spoken unto you, that ye
should not be offended.
(2) They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the
time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that
he doeth God service.
(3) And these things will they do unto you, because
they have not known the Father, nor me.
(4) But these things have I told you, that when the
time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of
them. And these things I said not unto you at the
beginning, because I was with you.
(5) But now I go my way to him that sent me; and
none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?
(6) But because I have said these things unto you,
sorrow hath filled your heart.
(7) Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for
you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter
will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him
(8) And when he is come, he will reprove the world of
sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
(9) Of sin, because they believe not on me;
(10) Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and
ye see me no more;
(11) Of judgment, because the prince of this world is
(12) I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye
cannot bear them now.
(13) Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he
will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of
himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he
speak: and he will shew you things to come.
(14) He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine,
and shall shew it unto you.
(15) All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore
said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it
(16) A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again,
a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the
The Spirit truth was coming. The Spirit of truth the
Holy Spirit to bring comfort to the disciples. See with
persecution, no one can stand, our instinct is to run
because we understand not why persecution should
happen and the terror or thought of serving unto
death the reality of the hope still not etched in our
hearts the way it should be. It not God’s fault it a lack
of faith. God’s Spirit comes and comforts us in the
middle of the trials we go through. He is ever
surrounding us. God’s comfort is hard explain. It is
that extract strength when we feel we can not go
extra mile. It is the comfort and strength to face the
uncertain things in life. It is the ability not know
whatever happens good things will come. It not just a
feeling but a fact. A fact learned not memorized.
Christ says God will show you, He will. God is the
teacher of our souls. I can teach all day, but unless
the Spirit speaks to you, what I just said makes little
sense. Things of God though seen and unseen can
be explained to a point, it still takes to power of the
Holy Spirit to know it is of God. The Spirit will take the
words of God and instill them in our hearts, and
speak to us about them.
John 16:17-33 KJV
(17) Then said some of his disciples among
themselves, What is this that he saith unto us, A little
while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little
while, and ye shall see me: and, Because I go to the
(18) They said therefore, What is this that he saith, A
little while? we cannot tell what he saith.
(19) Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask
him, and said unto them, Do ye enquire among
yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not
see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me?
(20) Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep
and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall
be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.
(21) A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow,
because her hour is come: but as soon as she is
delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the
anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.
(22) And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see
you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy
no man taketh from you.
(23) And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily,
verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the
Father in my name, he will give it you.
(24) Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask,
and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
(25) These things have I spoken unto you in
proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more
speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you
plainly of the Father.
(26) At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not
unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
(27) For the Father himself loveth you, because ye
have loved me, and have believed that I came out
(28) I came forth from the Father, and am come into
the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the
(29) His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest
thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.
(30) Now are we sure that thou knowest all things,
and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this
we believe that thou camest forth from God.
(31) Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?
(32) Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that
ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall
leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the
Father is with me.
(33) These things I have spoken unto you, that in me
ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have
tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the
Christ overcame the world by his death and
resurrection. He taught what many did not want to
hear. Because of this He was crucified. His sacrifice
because of our sin of rejection of the Word of God.
Yet He was resurrected to show us His Word did not
die. It would return. And so the saints perish but the
word of God continues on. Almost like standing in line
for a firing squad waiting for death. Yet God mercy to
protect his people continues on. The march continues
on. We hold our banner of the cross high and march
in triumph even as we are scattered out of harms way.
Dear Heavenly Father may people understand the
spreading of the word comes often with persecution.
May persecution never come within our own borders
of the church, for when it does it destroys the church.
In Jesus precious name, Amen.