|10/20/2012 recording date. audio/video is 10 minutes
takes a few minutes to load so be patient please. Or
just read ahead. Also the following week it is air on
utube on turtle30cshell channel. Just type in website
name when you got to utube.
Abiding In The Vine
I am your host Christina Farris I am bringing the
message from turtle30cshell.com. Today message is
about abiding in the Vine. The Vine being the Word of
God who is Jesus, who is the only begotten Son of
God. God being the great husbandry of the vine and
the branches. There are branches that come to full
bloom and branches that seem to break off and die.
And Jesus talked to His disciples, Jesus use
metaphors and types of allegories to explain some the
great mysteries of God. Let us begin today’s passage.
John 15:1-9 KJV
(1) I am the true vine, and my Father is the
(2) Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh
away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth
it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
(3) Now ye are clean through the word which I have
spoken unto you.
(4) Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot
bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more
can ye, except ye abide in me.
(5) I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth
in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:
for without me ye can do nothing.
(6) If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a
branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and
cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
(7) If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye
shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
(8) Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much
fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
(9) As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you:
continue ye in my love.
The cleaning of the word of God is what Jesus is
explaining to his disciples. The process of abiding or
remaining in the vine to bring forth fruit. We are the
branches. A branch by itself can not bring forth fruit to
harvest. Many might say you can take a branch and
make it grow individually and in truth this is possible
but it has to be healthy. Not only healthy but it can not
bring forth fruit, unless God can fertilize the flowers
so it can bloom. There got to be a God factor to
produce the fruit of God. The gentile nation was
grafted in by fertilization of the Word of God who
name is Jesus. The gentiles would be saved and
grafted in by the Messiah. This is not to great of a
Romans 11:17-24 KJV
(17) And if some of the branches be broken off, and
thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among
them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness
of the olive tree;
(18) Boast not against the branches. But if thou
boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
(19) Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken
off, that I might be graffed in.
(20) Well; because of unbelief they were broken off,
and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but
(21) For if God spared not the natural branches, take
heed lest he also spare not thee.
(22) Behold therefore the goodness and severity of
God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee,
goodness, if thou continue in his goodness:
otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
(23) And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief,
shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in
(24) For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is
wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature
into a good olive tree: how much more shall these,
which be the natural branches, be graffed into their
own olive tree?
The tree branches can be grafted in if they follow
God, they do not have to be those seeds that are
bring forth rotten fruit. How can this be? Will Abraham
believed God though he lived in heathen land a land
that worshipped false gods. Yet Abraham came out of
land of his Father’s following the voice of God.
Following in the footsteps of promises of God of
wealth and prosperity in this world. Yet spiritual
prosperity can only come by faith. And so the children
of Abraham by faith trust and obey God. Children of
finances trust in money to save them. And so money
does save many from the fire on earth but not the fire
of hell. You might be able to buy your way out of
anything here on earth but you can not in heaven.
Your works will not save you but faith with action
brings forth fruit for the kingdom of God. For our
works demonstrate the love of God not necessarily
love of man, for the love of mankind is often
conditional. Sometimes it is not. That is because it is
produced by the love of God not the love done for
profit of money.
John 15:10-27 KJV
(10) If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in
my love; even as I have kept my Father's
commandments, and abide in his love.
(11) These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy
might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
(12) This is my commandment, That ye love one
another, as I have loved you.
(13) Greater love hath no man than this, that a man
lay down his life for his friends.
(14) Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I
(15) Henceforth I call you not servants; for the
servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have
called you friends; for all things that I have heard of
my Father I have made known unto you.
(16) Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you,
and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth
fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that
whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he
may give it you.
(17) These things I command you, that ye love one
(18) If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me
before it hated you.
(19) If ye were of the world, the world would love his
own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have
chosen you out of the world, therefore the world
(20) Remember the word that I said unto you, The
servant is not greater than his lord. If they have
persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they
have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
(21) But all these things will they do unto you for my
name's sake, because they know not him that sent
(22) If I had not come and spoken unto them, they
had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their
(23) He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
(24) If I had not done among them the works which
none other man did, they had not had sin: but now
have they both seen and hated both me and my
(25) But this cometh to pass, that the word might be
fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me
without a cause.
(26) But when the Comforter is come, whom I will
send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of
truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall
testify of me:
(27) And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have
been with me from the beginning.
He that hates God has no part of the word of God. For
hate of God can not produce the unconditional love of
God. Man in general may demonstrate love but often
wants something back. And when you do not
produce they take the very fruit you had, so you
become barren. Yet even God seen barren Israel and
through the Gentile nation would bring forth even
more fruit, making Israel prosperous again. For God
word does not come back void. Spirit of God in the
hearts of the believer will bear fruit, because the Spirit
speaks truth concerning God. What kind of fruit are
Dear Heavenly Father let those that hear this message
today understand the grafting in of the gentile nation.
They their sin will remain no more on faith in Christ
Jesus. In Jesus precious name, Amen.