Daily Devotions for Thursday: by turtle30c
Isaiah 65:1-25 KJV
(1) I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name.
(2) I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts;
(3) A people that provoketh me to anger continually to my face; that sacrificeth in gardens, and burneth incense upon altars of brick;
(4) Which remain among the graves, and lodge in the monuments, which eat swine’s flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels;
(5) Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day.
(6) Behold, it is written before me: I will not keep silence, but will recompense, even recompense into their bosom,
(7) Your iniquities, and the iniquities of your fathers together, saith the LORD, which have burned incense upon the mountains, and blasphemed me upon the hills: therefore will I measure their former work into their bosom.
(8) Thus saith the LORD, As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one saith, Destroy it not; for a blessing is in it: so will I do for my servants’ sakes, that I may not destroy them all.
(9) And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor of my mountains: and mine elect shall inherit it, and my servants shall dwell there.
(10) And Sharon shall be a fold of flocks, and the valley of Achor a place for the herds to lie down in, for my people that have sought me.
(11) But ye are they that forsake the LORD, that forget my holy mountain, that prepare a table for that troop, and that furnish the drink offering unto that number.
(12) Therefore will I number you to the sword, and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter: because when I called, ye did not answer; when I spake, ye did not hear; but did evil before mine eyes, and did choose that wherein I delighted not.
(13) Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, my servants shall eat, but ye shall be hungry: behold, my servants shall drink, but ye shall be thirsty: behold, my servants shall rejoice, but ye shall be ashamed:
(14) Behold, my servants shall sing for joy of heart, but ye shall cry for sorrow of heart, and shall howl for vexation of spirit.
(15) And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen: for the Lord GOD shall slay thee, and call his servants by another name:
(16) That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.
(17) For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
(18) But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
(19) And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
(20) There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
(21) And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
(22) They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
(23) They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.
(24) And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
(25) The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent’s meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.
As I ring in the New Year at turtle30cshell, by heart is on a brighter future as believer. My concentration this year is on the blessings of God to those who follow Him. After a year of wrath of God through his laws, through both Old and New Testament that seemed to have no end. I am working on God goodness and mercy to those that follow in Christ footsteps.
Israel one of the greatest nations of the world, is only great because of their faith in God. They lost their wealth more times then not, but also gained it over and over again. Not by their own strength but the power of God. A nation that knows both the wrath of God on His people as well has God’s blessings. For the Christian community this example of God’s enduring grace as they follow in the footsteps of Jesus and looking through the life of God’s people of the Old Testament and New. Jesus being the everlasting covenant between God and man. The promise to both the Gentiles and God’s chosen people. See there always been people that because of their ancestry sin of idolatry that were closed off from the blessing of God from birth, yet not closed off to the point that if they chose to obey God, humble themselves and seek Him, He would be their God. In since that what the New Testament to the Gentiles speak. It speaks to a people not chosen for the task of preaching, but chosen to be God’s children upon faith in Him. Chosen not because of His will be enacted in their life, but because they sought out of their need for Christ. They obeyed the instructions of God not by force but by desire, even when they believed not. The saw the ways of God were good.
What is God’s word enacted, it about God choosing a people to be side show. I do not mean it quite that way, but yet the term fits in a since. God’s people are to be an example to who God is to the rest of the world. Yet does our life display it. I hope for humanity sake our life demonstrates the blessing of God and not the percussions of disobedience. If nothing else it is a warning the world. A warning that even if you are a hundred years old and receive Christ you are still saved. If you are 20 and die without Christ, you are without Christ.
My own rebellion years speak of the value of being God’s child during those years. What it means I found grace not by own will, but God’s will to teach me the blessings of being His child, and doing God’s will. Blessing of disobedience of salvation when I least deserve it. Blessings of God when I am in tuned to His perfect will of trusting Him. It means going through chastisement and the fiery furnace. If one examines their life and is truthful they can see God’s hand in all of it.
God loves the heathen but He waits for that day of knowing that if that heathen begins to act on the laws of God in his life, God will speak to His heart if He desires to know the reality of God’s existence. Some that do not believe agree they just do not have evidence of the reality of God.
A church with life of God growing within it will have proof of God living within the walls of it as well as proof that the devil is real. One person once said no one brings a gun to church, but most know now people get shot in churches as well as school and in our city’s streets. What the point that no where is safe and the reality of God’s protection has to do with whether it was your time to go or not. However you do not want to be on a plane with the pilot time to go, because surviving might be only half your battle because of injuries you receive in the crash.
The point is we make decision every day what we do. This New Year is no different. God grace is for all generations not just one group of people. If you want change it got to start now in the New Year 2015. Begin it with God and let God’s blessing flow has you search out the truth in God’s word and grow in faith.
Dear Heavenly Father may your grace run freely in our lives as believers and strengthen our faith this New Year so that we can receive your blessings. In Jesus precious name, Amen.
Daily Bible Verses: Romans 10:20-21 ESV
(20) Then Isaiah is so bold as to say, “I have been found by those who did not seek me; I have shown myself to those who did not ask for me.”
(21) But of Israel he says, “All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and contrary people.”
Daily God’s Promises: Romans 9:30-33 ESV
(30) What shall we say, then? That Gentiles who did not pursue righteousness have attained it, that is, a righteousness that is by faith;
(31) but that Israel who pursued a law that would lead to righteousness did not succeed in reaching that law.
(32) Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as if it were based on works. They have stumbled over the stumbling stone,
(33) as it is written, “Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense; and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.”
May not be sold or resold in any form, free to share. Originally published at http://www.turtle30cshell.com