Daily Devotions for Friday: by turtle30c
Isaiah 66:1-24 KJV
(1) Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
(2) For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.
(3) He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog’s neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine’s blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.
(4) I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.
(5) Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name’s sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.
(6) A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the LORD that rendereth recompence to his enemies.
(7) Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
(8) Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.
(9) Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.
(10) Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:
(11) That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.
(12) For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.
(13) As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.
(14) And when ye see this, your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall flourish like an herb: and the hand of the LORD shall be known toward his servants, and his indignation toward his enemies.
(15) For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
(16) For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.
(17) They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine’s flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.
(18) For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory.
(19) And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles.
(20) And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD.
(21) And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.
(22) For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
(23) And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
(24) And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
We live in a time, were God’s people are not always what they should be, me included. Yet what I hope and pray this that the norm for Christians today is to strive to be more like Jesus. Not to be like the priest and leaders of Jewish faith had become over the years. Desiring wealth and greed and yet offering the sacrifice on the altar of God. People see the power of gold and desire it, forgetting the power of God. If God is able to use the earth has his footstool, then where his seat but in the heavens. He sees the suffering of his people and of the down trodden. Yet he see evil kings and rulers of the earth, knowing they care more for those who can line their pockets then those you can not. What is five dollars among friends, it is a gold mine to a poor woman. Some might call five buckets the new American penny. It use to be the one dollar bill. Yet the ten dollar bill is soon to be like the penny and fast becoming more popular then the five.
There is a point when money out weighs what you will do for God then you are on the devil’s side. You have no fear of what God will do to you. If you have not fear of what God will do, then you will have a day when you will tremble before the Lord in fear before He cast you in the fiery pit called hell. The point is this. God cares for his own, those that seek Him and seek his will. God loves those that love Him, He loves those that tremble at His word. Some might think that is dictator. Yet others see God only a God of mercy. Some respect the laws of God but not God.
The truth of the matter is that God gave signs to those of no faith of His existence. God made a promise to Israel that would be carried to the Gentiles about Christ. That there would be people brought to Christ whether in flesh or incorruptible flesh by the spirit of the Word of God all men far and wide would seek healing from every nation.
As Televangelist make their claim some fake and some genuinely love God and do all in their power to serve God humbly while others use their wealth to gather more gems, rubies and gold. Caring little about the law of God or the law of man. Caring little about abusing God’s word only making a mockery of faith. Yet it is proven God’s word is power and those who find the treasure within, rich or poor, knows God loves the repented man. Some leaders become blood suckers for wealth using God, instead bowing to His throne.
Where are you? Are you using God and his kingdom, or are you genuinely loving God back. The wealth is in the word of God. Learn the power but never learn the love and you loose faith in God. Learn the love of God, who chooses not to destroy man for every mistake, and you find God’s mercy and grace. As we close Isaiah let us not forget the judgment to those who fail to follow after God and His Word. The prophesy that all will come to His word. Come to Israel seeking healing. Many come today to Jordan river to be baptized, and for prayer. Many walk on the highways of our Lord, seeking healing and salvation. Yet salvation can be found anywhere you stand. You can pray to God whether you kneel or roll down a ramp. Just humbly seek God where you are. And follow after Jesus in the way He lived.
Dear Heavenly Father guider our footsteps this New Year and allow us to see your grace with your footstool being earth. In Jesus precious name, Amen.
Daily Bible Verses: Mark 12:36 KJV
(36) For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Daily God’s Promises: James 2:3-8 KJV
(3) And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:
(4) Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?
(5) Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?
(6) But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?
(7) Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?
(8) If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
May not be sold or resold in any form, free to share. Originally published at http://www.turtle30cshell.com