Daily Devotions for Wednesday: by Christina farris
Proverbs 4:1-27 KJV
(1) Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding.
(2) For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.
(3) For I was my father’s son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother.
(4) He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live.
(5) Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.
(6) Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.
(7) Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
(8) Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.
(9) She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.
(10) Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings; and the years of thy life shall be many.
(11) I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.
(12) When thou goest, thy steps shall not be straitened; and when thou runnest, thou shalt not stumble.
(13) Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.
(14) Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men.
(15) Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away.
(16) For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall.
(17) For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the wine of violence.
(18) But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.
(19) The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.
(20) My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
(21) Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
(22) For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
(23) Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
(24) Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee.
(25) Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee.
(26) Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.
(27) Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.
Wisdom is called a woman. Yet God is seen has a man. Yet God is wisdom. God’s people are seen as the bride, and the woman. Because wisdom comes from God. True wisdom is found in God’s instruction to His bride to His wife, who also minister instruction for God. In other words listen to the wisdom of the elders, listen to the teachers and ministers of God for the truth is in the words of God and not in the words of man. Listen to God’s people, listen to godly father’s and mother’s. Listen to the wisdom of the words to depart from evil, to leave evil alone and to follow in the path of righteousness. Think about where your feet are going don’t just leap, or you find a snare or a net of destruction. Listen and hear what God is saying to the believer.
Not all believers are smart some are like dumb sheep going astray, running into mud pit, or over a cleft, only to have God lift them up upon repentance. Sometimes they get wounded and need a little oil. Sometimes sheep listen to the voice of the shepherd leading them on. Sometimes they follow the crowd only to slide down a slippery slope because of heavy rain. That is why the sheep dog has to chase the sheep to keep them going toward the shepherd voice.
Are you follow in the words of wisdom of our Lord. Does the church follow the words and wisdom of God, or only the wisdom of man. Be careful what you listen to and listen close to God’s Spirit asking Him to guide and direct you in all truth. For God writes the laws of His own your heart and the Spirit speaks to you of these things. Listen, what do you hear. Listen before you fall. Listen to keep you feet on solid ground.
Dear Heavenly Father help us to obey you alone and follow the wisdom of yours that comes from your people. Help us to obey your Spirit and not the world of men that seek only to destroy. In Jesus precious name, Amen.
Daily Bible Verses: John 10:14 KJV
(14) I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
Daily God’s Promise: Ephesians 1:17-19 KJV
(17) That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
(18) The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
(19) And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,