Daily Devotions for Sunday: by Christina Farris 5/8/2016
Psalms 85:1-13 KJV
(1) To the chief Musician, A Psalm for the sons of Korah. LORD, thou hast been favourable unto thy land: thou hast brought back the captivity of Jacob.
(2) Thou hast forgiven the iniquity of thy people, thou hast covered all their sin. Selah.
(3) Thou hast taken away all thy wrath: thou hast turned thyself from the fierceness of thine anger.
(4) Turn us, O God of our salvation, and cause thine anger toward us to cease.
(5) Wilt thou be angry with us for ever? wilt thou draw out thine anger to all generations?
(6) Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?
(7) Shew us thy mercy, O LORD, and grant us thy salvation.
(8) I will hear what God the LORD will speak: for he will speak peace unto his people, and to his saints: but let them not turn again to folly.
(9) Surely his salvation is nigh them that fear him; that glory may dwell in our land.
(10) Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other.
(11) Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven.
(12) Yea, the LORD shall give that which is good; and our land shall yield her increase.
(13) Righteousness shall go before him; and shall set us in the way of his steps.
This morning is Mother’s day May 2016. This is message is not a mother’s day message persay, but a message of how God calls his people back to himself. People’s desire to know and trust God is far greater then the doors of any religious institution. It is further then a call back to Jerusalem of the Jewish people. The goodness of God is forever etch in the human mind once one experiences and understands the difference between who God is and his love for man and the humanity’s institution of faith..
If a person experiences a bad church situation one is going to not desire to know God or at least the church world. Some people would like to say that just the devil keeping one away from the church world or the sanctuary of grace. Devil can not reign forever in God’s house. God house is dedicated and holy unto him. Right now many people watching Israel being both under Islamic and Jewish law with in it religious system.
If I had lived at the time of Eli and Samuel if I only knew the ways of Eli’s sons, I would not want to go back into the temple. It is the religious abuse that allows God to send his Jesus and his messengers outside the temple doors, to call his people unto himself. Sooner or later people being shepherd by God’s chosen leaders will find themselves wanted to unite and unify with others like themselves. God’s mercy, love and forgiveness is enough to draw one to God, but it is God’s salvation and grace that keeps one in a relationship with him. Samuel a prophet was not a keeper of the temple or sanctuary of God. He was minister to all that listen in and outside the temple. Samuel was trained within the walls of God’s house, but his ministry was far reaching outside the temple doors. Jesus taught within the temple but also outside in the highways and by ways of life. God ministry is not just at home in Jerusalem but abroad going beyond our comprehension. When God sent Jesus, he demonstrate his love of going beyond the temple to the people outside the door.
God’s mercy and grace is not based on the law of man but on his love. A mother’s love is not based on a child’s sense of right and wrong, but unconditional love that encourage and allow a child to grow and learn in their environment both inside and outside the home. Though God‘s call is homeward to the promise land, it is a theme in scripture, that is really about a call to heavens gate, not before the page of life to death is turned, but a call to remind us of better things are yet to come upon crossing Jordan‘s river. A child knows there no place like home and the warm embrace of mother‘s arms if mother is a loving person. Mother‘s arms are those that surround you as a child as you listen to a story in a book. Sitting in the comfort of her lap. . God’s visions of home of eternity is that call to a society not fully obtained in this world. Neither can this world attain the perfect unity of grace and acceptance.
God cast Adam and Eve out so they know the cost of disobedience to him. Yet did God ever call Adam and Eve home, scripture never said. The cost of sin fell to their offspring as well as God’s salvation plan to redeem mankind through the offspring of man. This call to God is individual. It is a call to worship Him, to listen and follow his ways whether in exile or home with Him. Salvation plan of God revealed in his Son Jesus, in a way the world would know even generation later of his love for them.
The Human race only knows the time of exile from God until God began to redeem his people through his grace and acts of forgiveness. As the president release more prisoners one has to ask is this act of mercy seen as grace in those prisoners, or a sense of freedom to only go and repeat a crime? Mother’s give time outs and groundings to their children in hopes to teach their children obedience to right ways of living. Never knowing for sure if children will follow there instructions as adult.
Some people obey God without knowing God, hoping if there is a God He might show mercy. Israel knew God and were consider a chosen people to be a testimony to the world of God’s grace to mankind. Yet their testimony is not complete without God’s chastisement for sin. All the blessings of God is about truth, faith, hope, and better things offered by obeying God. It has little to do with obedience to man’s laws and ways.
Faith in Jesus is more then just a call to church building but a call to a way of living. With every sin one knows the call to live like Jesus if one has received Jesus as Lord. Jesus walked the earth as example how to live in the ways of God. There are people that will never enter the human building of faith, but will embrace faith in Jesus because of his mercy and grace. Hagar outside the community of Abraham, found herself embracing God’s protection by his provision of water. God never abandon anyone that would put their trust in Him. God did however abandons those who know of his mercy and refuse to believe.
God calls people like Rahab to join his people because of belief and desire to follow Him. He calls people of other tribes and nations to know Him because of His mercy and grace. The journey back to God is only like the prodigal son who grasp that home is better. To understand God’s way, truth, forgiveness and love is far greater then the world’s grace, only can come with accepting who God is. Come to the cross and lay your burdens of this world down cries the preacher, God’s mercy and grace is for all that repent and obey. God did not abandon his Son only took His Spirit from the human body, to be able to set the captives free. God want us to release you from sin, not from life until it is your time. When you receive his word has truth and choose to follow in Christ footsteps, Your choosing to follow the example God set before us, because every man failed before Jesus. Jesus is the only one pure that could lay his life for us. God chosen and God salvation plan to bring us home to Him one day.
Dear Heavenly Father your door of grace is wide upon faith in your Son, give us the hope of your promise of salvation in our heart. May the cloudy days only remind us of your call homeward and the reports in Jerusalem of how soon your coming is drawing near. In Jeus precious name, Amen.
Happy Mother‘s Day to all you mom‘s and mom like people that try hard to teach the ways of Christ love to your children because of His grace for you. May you be blessed.
Daily Bible Verses: 1 Samuel 2:22-25 KJV
(22) Now Eli was very old, and heard all that his sons did unto all Israel; and how they lay with the women that assembled at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
(23) And he said unto them, Why do ye such things? for I hear of your evil dealings by all this people.
(24) Nay, my sons; for it is no good report that I hear: ye make the LORD’S people to transgress.
(25) If one man sin against another, the judge shall judge him: but if a man sin against the LORD, who shall intreat for him? Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto the voice of their father, because the LORD would slay them.
Daily God’s Promises: Ephesians 2:15-19 KJV
(15) Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
(16) And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
(17) And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
(18) For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
(19) Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;