Dailies page: http://www.turtle30cshell.com/Mainpages/dailyweekly/Dailies.html
Home page: http://www.turtle30cshell.com
Dailies page: http://www.turtle30cshell.com/Mainpages/dailyweekly/Dailies.html
Home page: http://www.turtle30cshell.com
By christina farris 2/9/2019
January slipped by quickly and now it is part wat through February already. Still happily married. I still love Jesus as much as day before long with my hubby. The month of love is a sweet time for young and old love alike. Let be a month of refreshing commitment to spouses and friendship. May faith in Christ be a decider in new and old love and those married to nonbeliever keep praying that you and those around you will be a testimony to your spouse. Be equally yoke scripture says and also remain unequally if ones spouse has no issue with your faith.
What new with me still working out and hope to go to work soon to get another computer as well as get out of debit.
Jesus Gives Thanks
By Christina Farris 11/12/2017
Matthew 15:34-38 KJV
34 And Jesus saith unto them,How many loaves have ye? And they said, Seven, and a few little fishes.
35 And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the ground.
36 And he took the seven loaves and the fishes, and gave thanks, and brake them, and gave to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.
37 And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the broken meat that was left seven baskets full.
38 And they that did eat were four thousand men, beside women and children.
Jesus gave thanks. The servanthood of the flesh of Son of God must be taken note, for his flesh represents humanity in perfect form. The perfect example for you and me on how we should live. The simplicity of the example to give thanks and to think as humans we do not always give thanks to anyone especially God. It is one of the first etiquette lessons given to a small children by decent parents.
The example of Christ thanking God is only reminder of this thanksgiving season of the need to be thankful for what we have. For the food on the table. Knowing that there is even one people in my own nation without food angers me. Yet I find my hands tied to be able to do much for those in need. Yet what I do know is when a person can give a little and another person gives and then someone else gives a can of food, the pantry gets filled. It is not how much or how little one can give, it is about thanking God for what you have to eat and sharing a bite of what you have. Whether it is a can of broth, fresh stew with meat the food is a blessing from God. Jesus did a miracle before the people. A crowd gather and there was not enough provision of food, so Jesus gave thanks And performed a miracle with the loaves and fish that were provided. There was enough to feed the multitude of 4000 people gather that day.
Will you give thanks not with just lip service of old habit learned as a child but with a gratiful heart of knowing your blessed by even one morsel of food. That God can and will provide the need.
Dear Heavenly Father thank you for the example given by a Jesus to remind us to give thanks. In Jesus previous name, Amen.
I been debating on writing this hear, let us pray for Orlando that the comfort of God will surround them in this time of grief. It matters not what your life style is to me in one since because I believe in freedom and love, but it does matters to God. Yet a person that shoots innocent victims is playing God with a gun. The right to choose a life style is not for gun man to choose for a person in a land of freedom. Children play over snake hole without getting bit all because of love and freedom. We need to pray for those in Orlando as they grieve over their lost, may the feel the prayers of God’s people in their life and may God bless them in their grief, because of these prayers.
Daily Devotions for Wednesday: by Christina Farris 12/16/2015
1 Corinthians 15:40-47
(40) There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
(41) There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
(42) So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
(43) It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
(44) It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
(45) And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
(46) Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
(47) The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
How different a toy bear is from a real bear. Both might look cuddly but in reality they are not. Both might have noses and ears but only one can hear and see. Both might have arms and legs but only one can climb a tree. Yet both might have fur, but they are not the same unless toy bear has real fur on it and it is bear fur. These two bears are both bears by name, but only one is alive the other is stuffed. The spiritual world and the living world on the earth. One is has we can see and preceive it to be and the other is taken on faith that it exist. Yet evidence from God exist in the heart of every believer. God created man and placed him in the garden. Yet man was formed from the earth, yet one man was created by the word of God and not formed other then by the natural processes of human growth. God said let the word become flesh and it did. His word became real.
The star the wise men saw was not normal star, yet there many bright stars in the sky. One represented the true king of Israel and was the star of David. The other stars were just normal every day stars and part of the galaxy as those that study stars understood. There were stars that fell from heaven and yet the star of David grew as a king. A star of David not like any star, for the Star of David would take away the sins of the world. The stars called Lucifer/Satan fell only to make things bitter and not better. God’s word sometimes taste bitter or sweet, but it meant for correction, and protection. Satan words often look good but are only bitter and meant for destruction. The judgment of God is never sweet, but it is for protection and not harm. The symbol of the star was symbol of hope to the Gentiles that they were not cast away from eternity. The hope that a king that would reign forever was born. A unique star but a star none the less. The Star of David a man but the very essence of God, not formed by God’s hand but the power of the word. Not the breath of life breath on him, because he was the breath of God. The difference of molding the difference of the word given. The difference betweens spiritual and physical and the difference of celestial and terrestrial. Something are of heaven and something are of heaven but not created in heaven. Man was not created in heaven but from the earth. Let us not forget where all believers go for a time is heaven, until the judgment then we come and reign with God in the new Jerusalem. That is the final judgment when the rest of dead rise and face the second death. Until one follows the Star of David and believe, then one is going to face the final judgment of the eternal lake of fire. The Star Of David represent that Son of God who name is Jesus who is called Emmanuel, God with us. If God is with us who can be against us, but devil who receives not the truth of God, but will receive the final judgment.
Dear Heavenly Father let us hold to the Star of David with faith knowing God ordained this one star to be the ruler of His people. To rule in truth and love. In Jesus name Amen.
Daily Bible Verses: Acts 7:43
(43) Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon.
Daily God’s Promises: Revelation 22:16
(16) I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Daily Devotions for Wednesday: by Christina Farris 8/19/2015
Proverbs 8:1-36 KJV
(1) Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice?
(2) She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths.
(3) She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.
(4) Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.
(5) O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.
(6) Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things.
(7) For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
(8) All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.
(9) They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.
(10) Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.
(11) For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.
(12) I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.
(13) The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
(14) Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.
(15) By me kings reign, and princes decree justice.
(16) By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.
(17) I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
(18) Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.
(19) My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.
(20) I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:
(21) That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.
(22) The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
(23) I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
(24) When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
(25) Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
(26) While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
(27) When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
(28) When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
(29) When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
(30) Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
(31) Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.
(32) Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.
(33) Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.
(34) Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
(35) For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.
(36) But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.
I was thinking on how yesterday I seem so harsh about God’s dislikes. For God so loved the world He gave His Only Son, that whosoever believeth in Him would not perish would have everlasting life. God gave man a world where we could live in that was not part of his household, yet He will one day send his Son back to destroy the earth He created, to make place for those that serve Him alone. For now the bargaining chip of this life is based slowly on the word of God and all that might receive it and given hope beyond the grave, beyond the life.
Our words speak both the things of God and the things of this world. As I read this Proverb it appears that wisdom is of both the church and Christ being present. One must remember that the church is talked as if the wife of God. Christ is the head of the church as husband. The teachers and preachers speak at the city gate and in the government. Wisdom being the word that has authority, both as a harlot and as Lordship over the world. The words of mortals are nothing but the harlot, and words of God are the one’s need to be followed.
Wisdom of God’s credentials having to do before the earth was even formed or even dry land being made. The circle where it went not even laid out. If you ever seen Mary Poppins there is a scene in the movie where Dick Van Dyke is painting pictures and then by magic they jump into the picture and become part of the world of that picture. Imagine God drawing with his finger that picture of where land goes only to one day join the picture beyond just the word spoken. Walking on water where there is no stepping stones, because his feet know not any place he can not go. God would one day come physically to join us in the human flesh through His Son. Jesus. There are time recorded in scripture that God approached man in human form, like the three strangers that came to Abraham tent. Two angels and God. The forth man in the fire at the time of fiery furnace in the book of Daniel. The man that appeared to Samson mother and father. The evil of the world kind of like someone took mud and dumped it on God’s picture. That what our sin is like. Man’s way are about corruption, God’s way are about wisdom and truth. God’s word is about goodness. When evil arises he will erase it, so all things are new again.
By God’s word man has to submit to God. Anyone ever witnessing prophesy in reality that is not a parlor trick knows the power of God in seeable physical form. It has if God shared his vision of what is to come and then caused it to happen. It is the drawing before the event. God’s wisdom was there before the events of the earth being created. The truth of wisdom of God was there before we were even designed. The patterns of God already laid out before God created the earth. The truth created long before it became a reality. As a draftsmen create a blueprint so God has laid out his perfect plain of how His wisdom would be mankind’s hope. How are election for salvation would be given to everyone. Yet only some would receive wisdom of God by their own election.
I can draw pictures all day long but I can only jump in the one’s created in my mind to fill out an application for a job, or plan a date, or a party. I can only make it a reality if I act on it. Yet my ability to construct such an operation had to be learned. God’s wisdom, God’s design was laid out before the world began. Wisdom created by God and being God. Being the first and the last of all of God’s creation. God’s word has a beginning that began with the time frame of when God as always existed. A concept our finite minds can not imagine. The idea of God’s eternal being is hard to grasp with the fact things die in our world. Yet to know the Creator is beyond our human concept makes those drawing of life more visible. Those blue designed before Adam and Eve fell in the garden. God knew the imperfection of man would corrupt his home. So a world of imperfection was needed to teach man the destruction of imperfection and perfection of His Word. His God’s word perfect of course, but does what is spoken not always about perfection but about destruction. Without perfection there is destruction. I can crochet but the yarn I use will see decay making whatever created good or bad destructible in time, even though it might last hundreds of years depending on the yarn and where it is kept. If I take a man and place him in a place of imperfection with a body of imperfection something is going to decay. Our new body will not see corruption that comes with death. If one is saved. For we are given bodies not meant for corruption. God’s word given to man was never to be destroyed, it can only be fizzled out from society for a time, and yet it surrounds us with each new plant, each knew animal created by the mixing and matching of different species of dogs and cats for example. God’s word in place to evolve in man’s life through a cycle of both life, death and life. Bring people hope of the reality of God’s wisdom. Man’s wisdom will see corruption, but godly wisdom will not see decay.
Dear Heavenly Father, your wisdom before the earth was even formed, may we rely on your wisdom and truth. In Jesus precious name, Amen.
Daily Bible Verses: Jeremiah 10:12-13 KJV
(12) He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.
(13) When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens, and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures.
Daily God’s Promises: Revelation 3:12 KJV
(12) Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
Daily Devotions for Tuesday: by Christina Farris 8/18/2015
Proverbs 7:1-27 KJV
(1) My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee.
(2) Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.
(3) Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.
(4) Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; and call understanding thy kinswoman:
(5) That they may keep thee from the strange woman, from the stranger which flattereth with her words.
(6) For at the window of my house I looked through my casement,
(7) And beheld among the simple ones, I discerned among the youths, a young man void of understanding,
(8) Passing through the street near her corner; and he went the way to her house,
(9) In the twilight, in the evening, in the black and dark night:
(10) And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtil of heart.
(11) (She is loud and stubborn; her feet abide not in her house:
(12) Now is she without, now in the streets, and lieth in wait at every corner.)
(13) So she caught him, and kissed him, and with an impudent face said unto him,
(14) I have peace offerings with me; this day have I payed my vows.
(15) Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee.
(16) I have decked my bed with coverings of tapestry, with carved works, with fine linen of Egypt.
(17) I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.
(18) Come, let us take our fill of love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves.
(19) For the goodman is not at home, he is gone a long journey:
(20) He hath taken a bag of money with him, and will come home at the day appointed.
(21) With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.
(22) He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks;
(23) Till a dart strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life.
(24) Hearken unto me now therefore, O ye children, and attend to the words of my mouth.
(25) Let not thine heart decline to her ways, go not astray in her paths.
(26) For she hath cast down many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain by her.
(27) Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death.
Sin is never fun alone unless it gluttony or being alcoholic. Seldom is it fun to get into mischief without an accomplice. How many petty thief begin with a dare from a friend, only to lead to thievery of greater desire. A woman desire for adultery. A woman that wanting to entice a stranger to her bed while her husband was gone. Her desire to do the sacrifice to God and pay a sacrifice of a peace offering so she could sin. She offered the sacrifice to sin and not because of sin already committed. This peace offering was a sacrifice that was shared with the choice meat going to the priest that did the sacrifice and then the other part going to the one offering the sacrifice. The woman had carry out from the Priesthood. She had a fine feast prepared for a potential lover. Like the spider who kills his mate, she prepares the seduction for a man that is easily enticed. He desires her and the feast because of his weariness from a long travel perhaps or work. She dressed not in her normal household attire, but in a way to attract the man into double sin. A sin because the sacrifice is given before the sin and two she is a married woman and if caught he is going to be a dead man.
Christ died on the cross for all our sins when we believe, but it is not a license to sin. It not a license to go into a harlot’s bed or be the harlot. It does not mean we take the blessings from peace offering to sin. If we use the grace of God and the mercy of God to continue to sin we are no better then the harlot in scripture. If we attend church only to sin the next day and go the next Sunday thinking our sin is clear by our bowing at the altar think again.
There is a difference between backsliding, and outwardly obeying a custom to satisfy one’s soul. The deception is the satisfying of one’s soul. Our strive should be not to sin, but we all fall short of the glory of God. Until one’s sin reaches the bottom of the pit, one seldom understands that adultery we live in that is harming our faith. Until that sin reaches a point of knowing it wrong, the religiosity of sacrifice or kneeling will not protect against God’s correction or his wrath on the sinner. God corrects all sin, not all heed the correction.
King Solomon advice is not to be seduced by this harlot. Not to be seduced by sin. To turn away from. However I happened to think one is already enticed by the story of the harlot. Those in sin drooling at the mouth for not only the harlot but the feast not understanding the significance of the sin here. Desire and longing is a trap. Solomon is entrapping his listeners to hear the sin, to tell them it is wrong. Making it look good only to say it wrong.
There a certain enticement of saying to a child do not touch the stove for only a child to reach out and touch it anyway. Sometimes the only way to learn is to get burnt. That is why the instruction is to listen and to observe and obey the word of God. To obey and trust God instruction despite the allurement of sin. Solomon understood the right response to sin, yet he himself seem to fall in that category.
We can know the right response to sin and still sin. Yet our strive is to say no to sin, and her enticement. The harlot knew the price of sin, but understood not that the strive was not to sin after offering such a sacrifice. Instead mentally she chose sin. Sin sin. Yet some sin will take you further then you ever want to go away from God. If the harlot husband found out her price of sin would be death as it would be her lover.
As a believer we are sealed with the Holy Spirit, who gives us a new way of thinking and new desire in our heart to obey God and Christ Jesus. To live has he wants us to live. Yet our wrestling against sin still exist. Our claiming the Name of Jesus fighting temptation that already been paid for because we understand the sacrifice for sin. We understand the price Christ paid for us.
If I go inside someone house and change the rules for the kids who know the rules, it breaks all the laws of the parents til they return. Then it takes maybe a less then a week or longer to fix the structure of a rule. Once we sin after being saved, it makes it easier to sin again. Better to fight the sin, then continue to sin, for the consequence of that sin might take you further in life then you want to go. Christ may of paid for it, but it not the road you want to travel on.
Dear Heavenly Father thank you for reminding us your Son paid a price for our sin, but not for us to continue to live in sin. Yet his death covers all our sin. Teach us to resist sin by saying no, by pushing the sin away. In Jesus precious name, Amen.
Daily Bible Verses: Leviticus 7:13-15 KJV
(13) Besides the cakes, he shall offer for his offering leavened bread with the sacrifice of thanksgiving of his peace offerings.
(14) And of it he shall offer one out of the whole oblation for an heave offering unto the LORD, and it shall be the priest’s that sprinkleth the blood of the peace offerings.
(15) And the flesh of the sacrifice of his peace offerings for thanksgiving shall be eaten the same day that it is offered; he shall not leave any of it until the morning.
Daily God’s Promises: 1 Peter 1:13-19 KJV
(13) Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
(14) As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
(15) But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
(16) Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
(17) And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man’s work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:
(18) Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
(19) But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
Daily Devotions for Monday: by Christina Farris 8/17/2015
Proverbs 6:16-35 KJV
(16) These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
(17) A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
(18) An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
(19) A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
(20) My son, keep thy father’s commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother:
(21) Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck.
(22) When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee.
(23) For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:
(24) To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman.
(25) Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
(26) For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adulteress will hunt for the precious life.
(27) Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned?
(28) Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned?
(29) So he that goeth in to his neighbour’s wife; whosoever toucheth her shall not be innocent.
(30) Men do not despise a thief, if he steal to satisfy his soul when he is hungry;
(31) But if he be found, he shall restore sevenfold; he shall give all the substance of his house.
(32) But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul.
(33) A wound and dishonour shall he get; and his reproach shall not be wiped away.
(34) For jealousy is the rage of a man: therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance.
(35) He will not regard any ransom; neither will he rest content, though thou givest many gifts.
Sin period is an Abomination to God. Abomination is a big word. A word that means in the Hebrew something disgusting to God. Homosexuality though not listed here is consider abomination to God. Most Heterosexuals that would never be a homosexual consider it to be disgusting as school house rules go. Yet the very things we might consider disgusting like spinach, or cough syrup might not be to God. Is sin more then just something God thinks as disgusting or just a personal preference. No one likes a liar, not even done in fun. No one likes those who kill innocent blood, or find mischief and/trouble at every door. God finds certain things to be disgusting or unrighteous behavior. In His world there is no place for disgusting behavior. In our world there room for spinach, and cough syrup as long as I have to put either in my mouth. Man has allowed for centuries the things that God calls disgusting. Yet the instruction is to obey one’s parents, to follow the customs of the family. The only time traditions of the family is wrong is when they are abomination to God. Lies of Satan has no place in the family of God. The murder of innocent has no place in the family of God. You can not be a child of God and be continual a child of the devil. You either choose not to do those things disgusting to God or choose to do them and be a child of the devil. The Grinch that Stole Christmas was consider evil until one day he got the value of being good came from the heart. Many faiths advocate goodness and a wholesome life style until you are required to bow to a different god or idol then Jehovah/Lord God.
One has to ask what master are you serving to day, the devil that lied to Eve, that believes in the killing of innocent lives. God judgment of death bring eternity to the believers of faith heaven and to others the condemnation of hell. The hardest question I think ask of the world is what happens to innocent people who do not know God. One has to trust God that all has the ability to know that God exist. I do believe that it possible for someone not to know of Jesus in the flesh, but I also think of God’s mercy and grace to those that believe His word without knowing the promise of Jesus. God knows the ultimate heart of man. For if we live by faith based on what we know, then we live by faith on what we understand to be true and what God reveals to us. We can not see the inward heart of man like God can. He knows if goodness is only a life style by command, or a life style to obedience and free will to know God.
God is a Holy God, A God that does not allow disgusting things of humanity to reign. He is the judge of what is disgusting. How many woman bat their eyes to catch a man. How many men allow a woman to entice him into sin. Peer pressure or the devil does the same type of enticement. It not the batting of the eye lashes, but making sin look better then it should. To alcoholic cough syrup would be sin unless being medically treated for a cough. Cough syrup becomes disgusting to God when used to abuse the body. Batting eyelashes of one’s wife is not the sin, it is only a sin if it is for another man other then one’s husband. The man taking a sideway glance at another man’s wife find himself being a disgusting fool.
Solomon’s dad and mom were probably not the wisest in the adultery life style, yet their punishment was on display to the world and to their son. The consequence of Bathesheba and David was they lost one son. God’s teaching is consistent, Man’s teaching wavers with their idea of right and wrong. It has no concept of disgusting beyond their own dislikes. Our world allowing us to choose our likes and dislikes with freedom of choice, never was thought to allow for evil choices. Yet our government own corruption comes from the value of choice. All governments are devils with or without freedoms of choice. To refuse choice is causing everyone to look and act the same. No one wants to be told what to wear as Islam dictates clothing style. Yet some of us find disgusting is the bikini that might has will not even be worn, because it so skimpy. Yet the truth in hotter more intolerant climates that string bikini is consider modest.
The batting of the eye lashes bothers no man that has his eyes for his bride alone. The church of Christ if their eyes are fixed solely on God and Christ Jesus then their gaze is not turning left or right, but away from sin or things that disgust God. No one has it perfect. David did not but he was blessed by the anointing of the Holy Spirit as King despite his humanity. God’s bless his children by the sealing of the Holy Spirit. Those that know not but choose right because they know evil is real, choose to obey the law whether they grasp God is real or not. Be not deceived by those that obey the law of God without knowledge of God, or by those that do good with the knowledge of God and reject God.
Dear Heavenly Father let us grasp the things that are disgusting to you and enable us to depart of the disgusting thing in our life. You named only seven in this chapter, but there was more. In Jesus precious name, Amen.
Daily Bible Verses: Proverbs 29:27 KJV
(27) An unjust man is an abomination to the just: and he that is upright in the way is abomination to the wicked.
Daily God’s Promises: Revelation 21:27 KJV
(27) And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
Daily Devotions for Sunday: by Christina Farris 8/16/2015
Psalms 47:1-9 KJV
(1) To the chief Musician, A Psalm for the sons of Korah. O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph.
(2) For the LORD most high is terrible; he is a great King over all the earth.
(3) He shall subdue the people under us, and the nations under our feet.
(4) He shall choose our inheritance for us, the excellency of Jacob whom he loved. Selah.
(5) God is gone up with a shout, the LORD with the sound of a trumpet.
(6) Sing praises to God, sing praises: sing praises unto our King, sing praises.
(7) For God is the King of all the earth: sing ye praises with understanding.
(8) God reigneth over the heathen: God sitteth upon the throne of his holiness.
(9) The princes of the people are gathered together, even the people of the God of Abraham: for the shields of the earth belong unto God: he is greatly exalted.
As I ponder the question this morning of how I started a Psalms a Sunday Series only to miss Psalms 47, I begin to wonder about my own intelligent in this decision of working through the Psalms this way and then I am reminded God had laid it on my heart and it was not my decision. The sole purpose of the Psalms A Sunday series was to bring about the Praises of God, however I doubt it stated that way in the first Sunday I did it. Then again I could be wrong. What occurs for me is I get off track on one subject or another and never get back to the hallelujah shout and praise the Lord choir. It is so needed in Daily Devotions, especially when one talks so much about the law and love and grace of God and the wrath of God. One can speak of the law of God and the law of mercy of God, yet without ever saying Thank you Lord for mercy, and grace, one never gets to a point of praise.
The other day I was so impressed with a young lady who was only eight years old that took time to say thank to me for something I did. She was not coached in this thank you and this impressed me. For eight years old she spoke well and I wonder about myself at that age. I happen to think as adults have we forgotten gratitude when we receive anything from each other. I have found myself speechless on this issue. The lessons coming from children of the issue of gratitude. The issue of saying you.
I once was waken by God at three in the morning and told to praise Him. I looked through the Psalms and no praise came through scripture. I found myself trying to Praise God for something and could not just say thank you God for today, or my family, my husband or something of that nature. I began to realize what was wrong with myself. I had forgotten in my pain, in my anger to thank God. I forgotten how to make melody in my heart. I got to say thank you Lord for all your bounty, for all your mercy and grace. I forgot to thank God for the pain and the ability to endure. When going through a trial it hard to say Thank you Lord. Easier to say thank you when all is right with the world around you. When it a glorious day and the flowers are in bloom and the sky is not cloudy or gray.
At eight no I probably did not know how to give that proper thank you as that young lady did, but I did know how to praise God. I knew how to sing the praise of God and say thank you Lord and I love you Lord. What God teaches us we need to apply to other areas of our life that is one point I making. The second point and most important point is we need to praise and thank the Lord. But the third point I want to make is God control to teach, to rule in our daily lives.
God is authority in the world around us, He is a good God and a God in authority over the kingdoms of the earth, and He raises and destroys the power of the earth. He is a great God to His people that He loves. He is a great God to those that are His for his mercy reigns. God departs with a shout and Lord with a trumpet a sign victory over the enemy, yet it also a sign of the wrath of God to come, it is a call to assemblies of worship of God. For when the trumpet sounds Christ will descend as well as the wrath of God will be poured out. Think for a moment what it was like to come to the tent meeting at the time of the tabernacle of Israel where the ark was kept. The law of God read out and repentance to the law came, and the ark would be lifted up before the people. Christ would be lifted up into heaven after his death and his disciples would see this. Yet Christ will come with a shout and a trumpet. The trumpet a call to worship a call to the wrath of God’s word to bring about holiness of a nation. A purification of God’s people at the hearing of the things of God as a reminder.
Israel no doubt knew how to worship God around the ark with dancing and singing and praise. Yet they to like all of us had to repent and yet they had not the promise of the physical coming of the Messiah until the time of Christ. Yet Christ return will come with a trumpet. The assembling of God’s people will come with a call of the trumpet. The bugle was used to call to war the soldiers. The trumpet is a call to God’s people for the final battle. The ringing of the bells call people to church or use to anyway, only for bells to become more silent as time goes on. Have people forgotten God with the ascension of Jesus in the flesh only to be reminded time and time again of God’s Holy Word and His promise of time gone by. Has the waiting for Christ return become a silencing of the bells for no one wants to heart the truth of Jesus. In Islamic culture the horn calls the people to worship, today loud speakers do the job of the horn. People come into the city streets to worship God every time the horn sound is played. If Christians would learn to be witness of the power of God by the tunes of the bells ringing the churches be packed. The call of God to hear His word to have victory over our hearts. If those culture so different then ours have ability to assemble to worship and praise their God can we not has Christians assemble to the call of God.
If as a Christian we consider ourselves better because we have received the promise of Christ, then why are we not no longer hearing the call daily in our street to assemble for worship and praise. If praise is to be on our lips continually, why do we forget to say thank you Jesus? Do we speak only by the power of God, have we failed to openly willingly give our heart to praising Jesus. Is our praise only a forced repetition when it is required as the none believers of Christ or a willing praise by volunteering praise to God. Have we learned to praise God by His Spirit so voluntarily when we do it, The shout and the praise is a part of who we are as believers. Have we gotten past the religiosity of faith and gone into a deeper abiding faith not because of who God is but because of our choice to worship God. Our hearts should rejoice at the word of God because of His mercy and grace to warn us, to enable us, to help us to learn proper respect of praise. To learn is not a force, but a desire by choice, not because everyone else is. Faith goes beyond religiosity.
Dear Heavenly Father help us to understand religiosity is only should be used as a tool of teaching and unity, but not a tool to dedicate faith. A tool encourage knowledge of who you are. The knowledge to say thank you Lord for your mercy and grace. In Jesus precious name, Amen.
Daily Bible Verses: Hebrews 13:15-16 KJV
(15) By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
(16) But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.
Daily God’s Promises: Mark 7:14-16 KJV
(14) And when he had called all the people unto him, he said unto them, Hearken unto me every one of you, and understand:
(15) There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.
(16) If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
Daily Devotions for Friday: Christina Farris 8/14/2015
Proverbs 6:1-15 KJV
(1) My son, if thou be surety for thy friend, if thou hast stricken thy hand with a stranger,
(2) Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.
(3) Do this now, my son, and deliver thyself, when thou art come into the hand of thy friend; go, humble thyself, and make sure thy friend.
(4) Give not sleep to thine eyes, nor slumber to thine eyelids.
(5) Deliver thyself as a roe from the hand of the hunter, and as a bird from the hand of the fowler.
(6) Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:
(7) Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,
(8) Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.
(9) How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?
(10) Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:
(11) So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man.
(12) A naughty person, a wicked man, walketh with a froward mouth.
(13) He winketh with his eyes, he speaketh with his feet, he teacheth with his fingers;
(14) Frowardness is in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he soweth discord.
(15) Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy.
As Summer growing season for certain crops slowly head to a end time, I have to wonder how many people who got a late start are only hoping fall will not come in like a lion with heavy frost before summer heat is even come to a close. Has many seasons have come and gone in my life I know the hope for Indian Summer to come and hope for it to last way past the middle of October. Hoping to be able to store a few more vegetables before winter. Kind of like that ant that first hope is for a growing season for good storage of what ever ants eat. They seem to like people’s picnics more then they enjoy the squash or tomatoes in the garden. Yet ants have to store food for winter. If it is a bad growing season the ant has little to eat. His winter is lean, and so he borrows from Mr. Grasshopper, or perhaps from Mr. Squirrel who gather all his nuts. Yet where ever the ant goes on those lean summers, one never will know. Yet there times of leanness that even the ant has to borrow in hopes for a better tomorrow. Yet like any job or task one has to realize certain work is only seasonal or until injury occurs that is permanent. People think they can live with a little pain, others think they can not, and others think that they will do it for a while, until it gets worse in hopes to not be in the season where there is no more earning.
People borrow for boats and cars and all kinds of gadgets in hopes that when their season of earning income comes to a close they will either have purchased the right product to be worth millions, or get a better trade on what hopefully will produce income for the rest of their life. No one knows for sure what investment will help. It like what loan to take and what will be better for one’s future.
In ancient times to borrow money was to make contract that if one did not pay it was debtor prison or enslavement. If one was not able to pay there was fifty year time period of slavery until a loan was paid back or one was set free. The fiftieth year was the time of Jubilee no matter what remained to be paid. Fifty years in the Bible was not like fifty years today. Our life span is shorter. People use to live way longer then they do today. Fifty years was only a drop in the bucket, because you still had perhaps 500 or more years to go. Most that work on living to be hundred reach seventy or up and begin to realize hundred is way to long to live. As one approaches old age the need to go to one’s final resting place comes.
In ancient times way other nations traded and enslaved was much different then the Jewish people and they were warned about making trades and loan agreements with strangers and people of other nations. This is good common sense even in today’s society. It is wise to know who you do business with, because you do not want to reunion your reputation, because of someone you make a deal with.
God cares about many aspects of our life to warn us about things in our society and things in our world. To know these things matter to God makes one pray harder for those open doors of loans for houses, cars and other things, that are important to the society life style we live in, that we are more careful of who we deal with. God cares for us enough to know our needs, but not to sell a cow over ever hill in heaven to make us so abundant that we do not know what it is to live in our world. Rich have their struggles just like the poor and the middle class you do too. No road is easy, yet some seem easier.
Dear Heavenly Father help us to remember how much you care for our needs and desires that you desire even for us to have good business deals instead of evil ones. In Jesus precious name, Amen.
Daily Bible Verses: Deuteronomy 15:6 KJV
(6) For the LORD thy God blesseth thee, as he promised thee: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, but thou shalt not borrow; and thou shalt reign over many nations, but they shall not reign over thee.
Daily God’s Promises: Leviticus 25:51-54 KJV
(51) If there be yet many years behind, according unto them he shall give again the price of his redemption out of the money that he was bought for.
(52) And if there remain but few years unto the year of jubile, then he shall count with him, and according unto his years shall he give him again the price of his redemption.
(53) And as a yearly hired servant shall he be with him: and the other shall not rule with rigour over him in thy sight.
(54) And if he be not redeemed in these years, then he shall go out in the year of jubile, both he, and his children with him.