Daily Devotions for Saturday: by Christina Farris 11/26/2016
Luke 1:26-38 KJV
(26) And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
(27) To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin’s name was Mary.
(28) And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
(29) And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
(30) And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
(31) And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
(32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
(33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
(34) Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
(35) And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
(36) And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
(37) For with God nothing shall be impossible.
(38) And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
A women with out intercourse would conceive a child. A child of the Holy Ghost. The miracle of conception coming not by normal means of God but the impossible means of God’s Holy Word. The angel Gabrielle said that the Holy Ghost would hover over her and she would conceive. Not a man would, but the Spirit of God. God’s Spirit hover over the water and God created light by his word. God needs no mechanics to make anything. Yet he formed man out of clay the first one he made. The second man he made came by the word. The first woman God made came from the rib of man and He yet to try and make another.
Jesus would be the Only Begotten of the Father God, but He was not the only one called the son of God. All mankind are the sons of God. A term used in Jewish history and yet the significant of Jesus being the Son of God would be lost to the heathens who understood not as well as the Jews for a time. The term son of God be flippant as any word in everyday language, not significant enough until one uses the world only and begotten in a sentence. Yet only declared over a course of a three year ministry. His name would be Jesus meaning Joshua/Yeshua/Jehoshua or Jehovah is salvation. Jesus would also be the great ancestor of King David and His throne would have no end. His throne would be a continual state.
Let us think for a moment did Jesus ever become king, not of the throne of David in Jerusalem or not yet anyway. He would come again and take the throne when He returns, but what the throne is really about is our hearts. He would reign in the heart of man. Now if we look at our nation the love of Christ supposedly reigns, yet most would agree this is not always so and then sometimes it overboard. Yet our nation does not claim God in battle, even if they have praying men and women in military, for there also heathen and other religious people with them. Our nation is one of diversity in religion. As Christians we must examine our history of what type of leaders we had. Most followed the Bible not all were Christians in doctrine. What that means is more then one person follows scripture sometimes because of prophesy contained within.
Where does this leave Christ reign in the heart it is for those that receive and follow Jesus. Jesus does not reign in those people’s heart that has never received Him as Lord. The anti Christ appears to follow God’s word but it not necessarily true. They follow by works and by prophetic implications that can be study. Some saying I will wait to receive Christ when I see Him in the sky, not knowing that He may coming after their death.
What is the point Christ is on the throne of all that receive Him as Lord but still not on the throne of unbelievers beyond examining prophesy, or history of scripture. I rather have someone that studies and examines for evidence in this world because of historical account of prophesy then not have these people not study at all. The wise men came and worshipped Jesus but they followed the stars and the signs in the stars. They were astrologers. God woke the world to His Son’s coming. Jesus was actually prophesied about long before the book Isaiah when the sign of the virgin birth was given.
Mary wanted to know how she would know the truth of Gabrielle words. Gabrielle told her of her cousin Elizabeth being old having conceived that was barren. Mary receive the news the angel gave her as being true and said to Gabrielle let be as you said.
We can not deny the scripture speaks of angels as messengers of God but it the appearance that is often over looked. Not even at the time of Christ did all believe that angels of God existed, but they came as messenger has God sent. Evidence from God was available to the believer with prophesy. Having a sign that what they believe would happen would come. God is performing God is going to give the ability of belief for the impossible. God used His people to bring forth the prophesy of Jesus. He did not use the heathens for that. Yet the heathens would be aware. God trust people of faith with His news and His Son.
Dear Heavenly Father receiving your Son this Christmas is only the greatest gift anyone can receive. I ask right now if anyone reading that wants to receive Christ just bow and say Lord Jesus come into my heart today. I receive God’s word as truth and I ask you to forgive me of my sins. In Jesus precious name, Amen.
If you prayed this prayer you have received Jesus as Savior today and your are now His child, and a child of the King.
Continual Scripture Study for Devotions: Romans 10:9-10 KJV
(9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
(10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.