Daily Devotions For Monday: by Christina Farris 4/10/2017
Ezekiel 48:1-35 KJV
(1) Now these are the names of the tribes. From the north end to the coast of the way of Hethlon, as one goeth to Hamath, Hazarenan, the border of Damascus northward, to the coast of Hamath; for these are his sides east and west; a portion for Dan.
(2) And by the border of Dan, from the east side unto the west side, a portion for Asher.
(3) And by the border of Asher, from the east side even unto the west side, a portion for Naphtali.
(4) And by the border of Naphtali, from the east side unto the west side, a portion for Manasseh.
(5) And by the border of Manasseh, from the east side unto the west side, a portion for Ephraim.
(6) And by the border of Ephraim, from the east side even unto the west side, a portion for Reuben.
(7) And by the border of Reuben, from the east side unto the west side, a portion for Judah.
(8) And by the border of Judah, from the east side unto the west side, shall be the offering which ye shall offer of five and twenty thousand reeds in breadth, and in length as one of the other parts, from the east side unto the west side: and the sanctuary shall be in the midst of it.
(9) The oblation that ye shall offer unto the LORD shall be of five and twenty thousand in length, and of ten thousand in breadth.
(10) And for them, even for the priests, shall be this holy oblation; toward the north five and twenty thousand in length, and toward the west ten thousand in breadth, and toward the east ten thousand in breadth, and toward the south five and twenty thousand in length: and the sanctuary of the LORD shall be in the midst thereof.
(11) It shall be for the priests that are sanctified of the sons of Zadok; which have kept my charge, which went not astray when the children of Israel went astray, as the Levites went astray.
(12) And this oblation of the land that is offered shall be unto them a thing most holy by the border of the Levites.
(13) And over against the border of the priests the Levites shall have five and twenty thousand in length, and ten thousand in breadth: all the length shall be five and twenty thousand, and the breadth ten thousand.
(14) And they shall not sell of it, neither exchange, nor alienate the firstfruits of the land: for it is holy unto the LORD.
(15) And the five thousand, that are left in the breadth over against the five and twenty thousand, shall be a profane place for the city, for dwelling, and for suburbs: and the city shall be in the midst thereof.
(16) And these shall be the measures thereof; the north side four thousand and five hundred, and the south side four thousand and five hundred, and on the east side four thousand and five hundred, and the west side four thousand and five hundred.
(17) And the suburbs of the city shall be toward the north two hundred and fifty, and toward the south two hundred and fifty, and toward the east two hundred and fifty, and toward the west two hundred and fifty.
(18) And the residue in length over against the oblation of the holy portion shall be ten thousand eastward, and ten thousand westward: and it shall be over against the oblation of the holy portion; and the increase thereof shall be for food unto them that serve the city.
(19) And they that serve the city shall serve it out of all the tribes of Israel.
(20) All the oblation shall be five and twenty thousand by five and twenty thousand: ye shall offer the holy oblation foursquare, with the possession of the city.
(21) And the residue shall be for the prince, on the one side and on the other of the holy oblation, and of the possession of the city, over against the five and twenty thousand of the oblation toward the east border, and westward over against the five and twenty thousand toward the west border, over against the portions for the prince: and it shall be the holy oblation; and the sanctuary of the house shall be in the midst thereof.
(22) Moreover from the possession of the Levites, and from the possession of the city, being in the midst of that which is the prince’s, between the border of Judah and the border of Benjamin, shall be for the prince.
(23) As for the rest of the tribes, from the east side unto the west side, Benjamin shall have a portion.
(24) And by the border of Benjamin, from the east side unto the west side, Simeon shall have a portion.
(25) And by the border of Simeon, from the east side unto the west side, Issachar a portion.
(26) And by the border of Issachar, from the east side unto the west side, Zebulun a portion.
(27) And by the border of Zebulun, from the east side unto the west side, Gad a portion.
(28) And by the border of Gad, at the south side southward, the border shall be even from Tamar unto the waters of strife in Kadesh, and to the river toward the great sea.
(29) This is the land which ye shall divide by lot unto the tribes of Israel for inheritance, and these are their portions, saith the Lord GOD.
(30) And these are the goings out of the city on the north side, four thousand and five hundred measures.
(31) And the gates of the city shall be after the names of the tribes of Israel: three gates northward; one gate of Reuben, one gate of Judah, one gate of Levi.
(32) And at the east side four thousand and five hundred: and three gates; and one gate of Joseph, one gate of Benjamin, one gate of Dan.
(33) And at the south side four thousand and five hundred measures: and three gates; one gate of Simeon, one gate of Issachar, one gate of Zebulun.
(34) At the west side four thousand and five hundred, with their three gates; one gate of Gad, one gate of Asher, one gate of Naphtali.
(35) It was round about eighteen thousand measures: and the name of the city from that day shall be, The LORD is there.
If America was divided by God how would it be dispersed by so many people. Washing DC is probably the close city that is like Jerusalem in the since belonging to all states of the Union, yet it sits only in the middle of two states. It is not divided up by states has far as who protects what or what belongs to who, it more of a general area of being known has a national headquarter area. It being policed by its own cops, yet it resides in two states. It is governed by itself though it belongs in two states. It is where our capital lies as far as being something that belongs to all states of our union. Capital does not just belong to Maryland and Virginia, but all the way to Hawaii and Alaska, and down to Florida, and as far as Maine. No I did not forget territories off of Florida, but they do not have the same privileges as all states of the Union. There a point to this madness, Israel had a central city that belong to all of them, that had not only the Palace within that city but also the Temple of God. The city of God had twelve gates. Each gate representing the twelve tribes of Israel. Each tribe had a responsibility to each section. It was divided in such a way that offerings/obligations were paid to each portion. Priesthood would be controlled by one group that had not bowed their heads to idols, despite the people.
The division of inheritance to Israel land was divided by tribe and the great city of God was divided as well. Inheritance between all twelve tribes were equally by portion. If you twelve kids, you have to divide things up fairly. If at a birthday party everyone gets exactly the same thing to eat. Yet the division is more like a cover dish supper. Everyone bring what their family would eat for dinner, or a little extra. With doing a lot of freezing of late of leftovers, it seems that everything I do is by portion. Portion for this for a meal or part of a meal depending on what it is. However I land up with a half of a portion of beans that went with another dish, that some how I had forgotten we had. Did not know what I was fixing because I forgot the label, but said it a small container it will just have to go with the meal. It was not what I thought it was. The priest were suppose to be of God, but pressures of their people caused them to serve idols perhaps as in the days of the golden calf. Only one priest found to be worthy for they changed not in their faith to God.
Israel had entrance into the great city of Jerusalem despite their holiness, but there was only one into the temple and one way out depending on what side of the temple you were on. The temple at four doors, represent the future four Gospels. The Christian built on the four squares of the Gospel of Christ, yet more books told the journey after Christ. There is only one way into heaven that is through Christ, but there are many doors into heaven that goes to the palace doors, or the Judgment. Seat of God. Anyone could come into Jerusalem, but not everyone could approach the enter sanctuary of God’s temple where God dwelt. Not all would see the king, but all would face the government.
The portion of land outside of Israel was the Gentile nation’s. Israel land seems small when one thinks of the world portion of land. We must remember Adam and Eve were exiled from paradise. God’s throne no longer theirs. There children would live and blossom all over the world. The city and division of God’s land only symbolic of heaven. God’s children that are saved by His grace through His Son will receive an inheritance as Sons and daughters. Palestinian state represent a portion of land that belongs to the gentiles, outside of Israel. This land recently recognized by the United States government in the past ten years. Yet this land been recognized by God much longer.
The point being God has a portion of land that belongs to the everyone and it is heaven, if one is saved through Christ Jesus. We become joint heirs with Jesus upon salvation. Our inheritance being part of God’s family. In ancient world of Israel by the law it took ten generations of gentiles that dedicated their life to God to have full legal rights in the temple as family of faith.
The importance of all the measurements is God knows how many people are going to live in heaven. How many people will climbing Jacobs ladder and climbing up and down the stairway of heaven. There is a time coming God will call for his elect, for those to come home. God’s people are and will persecuted for His Son. No one wants to think about persecution or the cost of following Christ. No one wants to think of only a few gaining inheritance because of faith. No one wants to think that someone might not believe, especially when humanly that do good. Faith without works is dead and works with out faith is dead. Faith and works go hand in hand. One says they believe once saved always saved, and I will tell you the devil believes and trembles because his time is running short upon the earth. God has standards that will not be broken and he knows the measurement of His city and his house. He knows the portion everyone will be receiving. Let us not forget that God knows what you will be getting before you do when it comes to inheritance of faith.
As we close with Ezekiel we must remember Ezekiel seen God’s throne room bigger then just Jerusalem and yet it is a mini version of the real throne room of God. The people of God need the symbols of faith and to hold to the ideology of heavens portion equally divided.
Dear Heavenly Father help us to have the hope of faith through Christ Jesus. Help us to reflect on Jerusalem of being image of things to come in physical demonstration of faith.. Help us to know ther eonly one way to heaven and the changing place is here on earth. In Jesus precious name, amen.
Continual Scripture Study For Devotions: Ephesians 1:3-11 KJV
(3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
(4) According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
(5) Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
(6) To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
(7) In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
(8) Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
(9) Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
(10) That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
(11) In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: