Daily Devotions for Sunday: by Christina Farris 8/2/2015
Psalms 46:1-11 KJV
(1) To the chief Musician for the sons of Korah, A Song upon Alamoth. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(2) Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
(3) Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
(4) There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
(5) God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
(6) The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
(7) The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
(8) Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
(9) He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
(10) Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
(11) The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
Judgment day we will see the wrath of God upon the earth and with that judgment we will see wars cease, mountains moved, water flowing, fervent heat that melted the earth, yet God’s holy temple will not be moved. Who is the temple of God but His people, for He lives within their hearts. He lives with in those He has sealed by His Holy Spirit. As the earth be demolished, but not destroyed, as the New Jerusalem comes down from heaven, the earth begins to grow once more the fruit and the trees upon it. The water flowing through the streams, taking away the scorching heat to cool the earth. We need to be still and know the power of God.
After ever rain and every storm there is a time of stillness. A time to reflect and see the grace of God for his people. To see the destruction of wrath of God to remove the evil from the earth, from our lives. Mountains are moved the forgiveness of sin but the earth shook and trembled. God’s power the ability to remove sin, the ability to destroy those that refuse to repent, God’s power to heal the broken hearted and deliver each of us from sin. No one perfect and all guilty of sin. Christ standing in the gap for all that repent and seek God and choose to obey Him. Be Still and Know God is great and His mercy is forever.
Dear Heavenly Father thank you for you mercy and grace, though the enemy be destroyed, your people will look around after destruction of judgment and see your power and glory in its place. In Jesus precious name, Amen.
Daily Bible Verses: 2 Peter 3:10-14 KJV
(10) But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
(11) Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
(12) Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
(13) Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
(14) Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
Daily God’s Promises: Luke 21:33 KJV
(33) Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.