Daily Devotions for Wednesday: By Christina Farris
Luke 9:28-31 KJV
(28) And it came to pass about an eight days after these sayings, he took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray.
(29) And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment was white and glistering.
(30) And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias:
(31) Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.
Have you reached the throne of God either from heaven or from earth? Moses and Elias reach the throne of Jesus while on earth, and Moses reach the throne of heaven with the elders and even ate with God in the heavenlies before their sin of killing, because of the golden calf. If we ignore this account of Moses in heaven both from his present state of life and death, the hope of salvation seems less real. Yet the truth of the matter is God’s people relationship was restored from the worship of the golden calf as well as the slaying of idolaters.
Are you reaching heaven, are you praying to the point you envision heaven. Is that really possible. The truth of the matter is God still speaks to the saints. Jesus still speaks to His flock. He never quit speaking to those who seek Him. John had a vision while praying on the Lord’s day in Revelations. Ephesians talks of speaking to the saints. Yet these accounts are not the norm for most that pray, yet why are we not praying to reach heaven?
If our nation would fall on their needs and pray as in the days of Moses, transfiguration and Revelations, maybe more would be accomplished in our nation. Maybe we would see the laws change back to the ways of God and not the ways of man. Maybe we would see a nation fall on her knees in repentance.
Are you taking time to reach heaven today? Are you talking to God about not only yourself and your love ones but our nation today? Get hold of Jesus and you will see our nation change for His glory.
Dear Heavenly Father help us to grab hold of you through prayer and taking time to know your word and the truth of your ability to still speak to your children as yesteryears. In Jesus precious name, Amen.
Daily Bible Verses: Mark 9:2-4 KJV
(2) And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them.
(3) And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.
(4) And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus.
Daily God’s Promises: Revelation 1:12-14 KJV
(12) And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
(13) And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
(14) His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;