Daily Devotions for Sunday: by Christina Farris
Psalms 33:1-22 KJV
(1) Rejoice in the LORD, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright.
(2) Praise the LORD with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings.
(3) Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.
(4) For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.
(5) He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.
(6) By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
(7) He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses.
(8) Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.
(9) For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.
(10) The LORD bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought: he maketh the devices of the people of none effect.
(11) The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.
(12) Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.
(13) The LORD looketh from heaven; he beholdeth all the sons of men.
(14) From the place of his habitation he looketh upon all the inhabitants of the earth.
(15) He fashioneth their hearts alike; he considereth all their works.
(16) There is no king saved by the multitude of an host: a mighty man is not delivered by much strength.
(17) An horse is a vain thing for safety: neither shall he deliver any by his great strength.
(18) Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;
(19) To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.
(20) Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield.
(21) For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.
(22) Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.
The singer that inspired to a write song about a person, whether it be a boyfriend, girl friend, or other loved ones including friends, the song is written for the individual. Whether it embarrasses, delights, or surprises someone, the song that is sung for a person is often remembered for years by the individual and others that know them. Yet these songs are short lived as the memory of people fad and pass with time. The memory of God seems etched on the believers heart and mind through eternity. Atheist mind seems not to hold a memory of God. Even the devil believes in God and even follows Jesus, but never means one receives the truth of who Jesus is. The praise of God are for God. It is to delight in the memory of who God is and well has the current state of who God is to the believer. The past memory of God is only a reflection of who God is today and always will be.
The passage of time seems not to break who God was or is today, Yet we glorify God not because of who He was from the past but who He is in our life today. Yet the reflection of praise is also from the beginning of time to declare his sovereignty and everlasting power from the beginning as a reminder to us of God’s unchanging power. It is normal for God’s people to praise him. I often thing I do not praise God enough and rightly so. No one takes the time to praise God all the time. No one smiles all the time. We all will have wrinkles one day if we grow old enough to see a wrinkle. As I get older and see the gray shining through a little more, I begin to realize how much I neglected God. I realize God grace has been sufficient in my life, to even allow the neglect of God in my life. God allows us to have space so we understand our need of Him. If out the space of God and man our need and fondness for God can not grow. It like dating and marriage without separation you can never understand that need to be together. I not talking about divorce but I talking about time to struggling in faith. If you are struggling beware it is for purpose.
Understanding who God is as creator and Lord. How His Word created all things. How His Word piled the water together and divided by heaven and and below as well as created the islands of the ocean and the sea. If God has the ability to move mountains, pile water, and create the host of heaven do you not think He is worthy to be praised. Understanding the awesomeness of God is looking at the past but also the present of who He is in your life. The mountains He is moving might not seem global, but one has to realize one’s life is individual and not national. One might see the effects of God nationally and even regional, however it only effects a person spiritually if they are in the heat of spiritual warfare that effects the world around them. Yet most spiritual wars are not global, and so the mountains that are needing to be moved are like an ant hill, mole hill or muskrat hill to God, which is not very big, but big enough that only the individual or people around them are effected by the move of God in their life. Unless you are there you will miss the hand of God moving in their lives. The praise of the people individually is going to be different then always the universal praise of God.
The universal praise is recognize God and his majesty on a global worldly, national level. The National Day of Prayer is coming up on May 6th. Yet it an observance to remember to pray globally. The press does not advertise this observance as much as it could. It it will make headlines for at the least a day. For one day the World will know to look up and see God, for one day man will know to pray. Yet it is only one day and 364 days that are still left to honor God has well. The one day of prayer is not the only day one should be praying. Yet the day is reminder of repentance and call on God has a nation.
Prayer is not just about asking from God but praising God in prayer, as well as listening to God’s Spirit speaking back to one’s heart. God’s Spirit gives comfort in the storm as well as encouragement to the believer. Today is National Press Day. I wondering can the Press take this one day and days of this week to smuggle in territories around globe that can not worship God freely as well as freely that the 6th is a time to seek God. Can the globe in one accord praise God. Can the world in one accord repent and seek Jesus as Lord and Savior. A day is coming that this will happen. Yet man with all its freedom of the press, they are not able to shout around the world globally that it a time to Pray, and praise the Lord. It would take those who are non believers with newspapers to help spread the word and that is not going to happen as long as the enemy is fighting the believer and not willing to give people choice. Heathen council is only to benefit themselves. Yet the believer can admit God allows heathen to exist for a purpose. If nothing more for the revenge of the day of evil. The devil council is never wise only in his own eyes. God council is always wise and true. God watches the devices of man. His building up and his taming of horse that can not be controlled if frighten by a viper, or a fence just a little to high to jump.
Those who fear God is provided for. Those who seek God will find rest in the arms of Jesus. Will find the hope lost by wandering away if they will seek the Lord. Are you praising and trusting in God’s provision for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus? Do you recognize His power and authority as Creator and Lord of the Universe.
Dear Heavenly Father may we praise you for all you are and your blessings of salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. Thanking you for the work of your hands, both spiritually and physically. In Jesus precious name, Amen.
Daily Bible Verses: Luke 1:47 KJV
(47) And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
Daily God’s Promise: James 5:13-16 KJV
(13) Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
(14) Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
(15) And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
(16) Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.