Last Post for the Year!!
Daily Devotions for Wednesday: by turtle30c
Isaiah 64:1-12 KJV
(1) Oh that thou wouldest rend the heavens, that thou wouldest come down, that the mountains might flow down at thy presence,
(2) As when the melting fire burneth, the fire causeth the waters to boil, to make thy name known to thine adversaries, that the nations may tremble at thy presence!
(3) When thou didst terrible things which we looked not for, thou camest down, the mountains flowed down at thy presence.
(4) For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.
(5) Thou meetest him that rejoiceth and worketh righteousness, those that remember thee in thy ways: behold, thou art wroth; for we have sinned: in those is continuance, and we shall be saved.
(6) But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
(7) And there is none that calleth upon thy name, that stirreth up himself to take hold of thee: for thou hast hid thy face from us, and hast consumed us, because of our iniquities.
(8) But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.
(9) Be not wroth very sore, O LORD, neither remember iniquity for ever: behold, see, we beseech thee, we are all thy people.
(10) Thy holy cities are a wilderness, Zion is a wilderness, Jerusalem a desolation.
(11) Our holy and our beautiful house, where our fathers praised thee, is burned up with fire: and all our pleasant things are laid waste.
(12) Wilt thou refrain thyself for these things, O LORD? wilt thou hold thy peace, and afflict us very sore?
The wrath of God seems like not the way to begin the New Year. For some it is the dead of winter beginning and other it is the time of springing a new going into summer or mid summer. Yet few think of the changing season with the New Year. One does not think of destruction as starting a new journey necessarily. Yet a new journey beginning with God begins with destruction. A destruction of God’s wrath being pour out for repentance and to make things whole and new again. A sinner at the altar as found the weight and burden of sin so great that he can not bear what he down in his soul before a mighty God. He come to ask forgiveness and seek God for a change not only to rid of his burden but a chance to do over again.
As I think of all the destruction my own nation seen in the past ten years, I am constantly reminded that when turmoil hit, people had to worry about how to get their money from the bank, their shoes on their feet and a change of clothes to wear. They had to worry if they find their loved ones still alive, or if they had died. Did they need hospital assistance or a glass of water and food. As bull dozer came in to plow the old away so the new could be rebuilt, did anyone think of how thinks would be built. A town deciding for themselves how they would mold itself to existence. The planning and the rebuilding of hope.
When one repentance he/she is given a clean slate, a clean window of opportunity, a new life with God. Not one meant for destruction or the wrath of God, but one meant for the hope and strengthen of faith. Unfortunately it takes the fire of God to convict the soul. The knowledge of God’s wrath that will come to every sinner that does not repent. Repent means more then just asking forgiveness but to turn away from sin. Lot’s wife refused to turn away from sin city and start anew, she had to glance back to see the wrath of God poured out, and upon doing so turned to a pillar of salt.
Yet with the wrath of God comes a cleansing of fresh water being poured into the soul of the repented man/woman. With that cleansing he/she is able to begin anew. God will cloth the one that repent with Spirit and word of God. The word being Christ. See one hears the word of God and it like hot lava on the sinner man’s heart. He sees the love around him of God and desires that for himself. Yet it more of fear of wrath of God that convicts then it is for the love that will come. The fear of God keeps one running or turns one to God.
Yet as the forgiven stand before God for the first time, he is a new creation, a lump of clay ready to be molded and shaped into what God will design Him for. He is no longer covered and filled with destruction, though those things can collect again, Christ is there among in the road dirt of faith, always drawing and cleansing the soul, to mold a person into a new creation meant for the kingdom of God. When one accepts Christ as Savior he lays his burden at that cross of Calvary and rise a new with Christ in the newest of his life. Only one prayer to the Triune Godhead is needed for repentance. Most people if they acknowledge God can understand the need to repent, but not a need for a Savior. See with the word bring one to one’s knees then one can rise to prosperity of the Word. With Christ, one dies and risen with the Savior who died for our redemption. Without a promise of a better tomorrow of life with Christ why repent. With no hope through God’s word the need for repentance is in vain. The power of the Holy Spirit changes us and molds us into new creation. God knows we can not run naked but need protection and He gives us His Spirit to not only cloth our soul, but instruct us by His Word. Upon forgiveness you can become anything God and you desire to be for God in the kingdom of God. You are no longer meant for destruction but rebuilding.
Has we approach the New Year come with repenting heart and seek forgiveness for sin, remember Christ as already paid the price for your sin and loves you as you are. Allow Him to mold you and build you up. You just learn to obey His instructions and when fail because you will, remember that part won’t remain if you will repent and continue in Christ Jesus.
Dear Heavenly Father forgive us of our sins and help us to make this New Year, a year of allowing you to mold and build us up. In Jesus precious name, Amen.
Daily Bible Verses: Jeremiah 18:3-4 KJV
(3) Then I went down to the potter’s house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels.
(4) And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.
Daily God’s Promises: 2 Timothy 2:19-21 KJV
(19) Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
(20) But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
(21) If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use, and prepared unto every good work.
May not be sold or resold in any form, free to share. Originally published at http://www.turtle30cshell.com