Daily Devotions for Wednesday: by turtle30c
Isaiah 59:1-21 KJV
(1) Behold, the LORD’S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:
(2) But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
(3) For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue hath muttered perverseness.
(4) None calleth for justice, nor any pleadeth for truth: they trust in vanity, and speak lies; they conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity.
(5) They hatch cockatrice’ eggs, and weave the spider’s web: he that eateth of their eggs dieth, and that which is crushed breaketh out into a viper.
(6) Their webs shall not become garments, neither shall they cover themselves with their works: their works are works of iniquity, and the act of violence is in their hands.
(7) Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood: their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; wasting and destruction are in their paths.
(8) The way of peace they know not; and there is no judgment in their goings: they have made them crooked paths: whosoever goeth therein shall not know peace.
(9) Therefore is judgment far from us, neither doth justice overtake us: we wait for light, but behold obscurity; for brightness, but we walk in darkness.
(10) We grope for the wall like the blind, and we grope as if we had no eyes: we stumble at noonday as in the night; we are in desolate places as dead men.
(11) We roar all like bears, and mourn sore like doves: we look for judgment, but there is none; for salvation, but it is far off from us.
(12) For our transgressions are multiplied before thee, and our sins testify against us: for our transgressions are with us; and as for our iniquities, we know them;
(13) In transgressing and lying against the LORD, and departing away from our God, speaking oppression and revolt, conceiving and uttering from the heart words of falsehood.
(14) And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter.
(15) Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the LORD saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment.
(16) And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.
(17) For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.
(18) According to their deeds, accordingly he will repay, fury to his adversaries, recompence to his enemies; to the islands he will repay recompence.
(19) So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.
(20) And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.
(21) As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed’s seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.
Who will fight for man at a time of injustice. When blood is pour out in the streets and there is no defense. Our God puts forth His word and Salvation helmet is put on his Son. The image of God in the form of man, walks before the people. Joshua seen the victor before Him when the walls of Jericho came tumbling down. Yet Joshua walked in victory, not as one in defeat. Israel where is the days of Joshua, leading the battle front, only to discover God is before him in battle.
God is not slack concerning His promise, though men of faith fall like sinners. God protection is for the believer, but it also for those that will hear and believe. Israel was backslidden falling into captivity of the mind and soul. Not remembering the word of God needs to be put into practice. The attitude let me do it my way, only to find our way is not always God’s way, and our way is a way that leads to destruction when we refuse God.
A need for Savior because man has turned from God. A need for the word of God to come back to the people. A need for intercessor between God and man. A need for a Savior to explain the ways of God to us. As Mary and Joseph head to Bethlehem, one has to think of the birth of our Savior to come, and yet tonight of all nights it is one of the greatest reminder of our Savior coming for all mankind. As the word of God stretch forth across our nation and around the world, there many places yet to hear the Gospel because it goes for each generation, not just each nation. It would be hard to get everyone in the world to hear truth of God’s word all at the same time, or even around the world, even with modern technology. Someone would find something else to do. Yet when the eastern sky is parted the Savior voice will be heard by all. No one will be able to escape it. God seen we needed His Word and He brought it forth in the form of a babe wrapped in swaddling clothes lying in a manger. God had preached to the Nation of Israel when the rebuilding of the temple took place. God raised up men like Ezra and Nehemiah to bring forth His word.
The bring forth of God Word is bring forth salvation to all that will hear and obey. Christ comes in the form of Infant to teach us of God’s word, to be the Word, to transform each and every heart that will believe. God’s word coming forth to each generation that will receive the truth of who Jesus is. Allowing Jesus to be king of our hearts and minds. When we receive Jesus it becomes like glue or sealant that can not be broken on our hearts and mouth. God’s word flows as freely from our lips as do words of our brain and soul, because we are not God. This sealant from heaven is permanent as a child of God. As God speaks through us, it only because of His sealant upon belief that the word of God comes forth by His Spirit to speak life to those around us. Our actions must speak those things as well. For God’s Spirit is action and His Word prophesize from us to the non believer so they might believe.
God sent a Savior to remind us and to give us hope to each generation. A living hope of how His Word goes forth and becomes. How His Word is indestructible. Once it penetrates our hearts we are saved. As Christmas Eve begins with reflection of our Savior coming forth as a babe, let us not forget what it must have been for Joseph and Mary seeing prophesy come true before their very eyes. What it must have been for Mary to see this infant come forth from her own body, and no she had not been with a man. How she must of wonder when the shepherds arrived and began to tell their story, how she need not to shout for the world to know, for the angels of heaven spoke glad tidings great joy to the Shepherds in the field. God needs not man, man needs God and needs proof of God. This sign is for the unbeliever and the believer. When God begins to speak to your heart you can believe.
Dear Heavenly Father the sealant of your Word be so fixed on our hearts upon belief, may our actions and our words speak your hope to those around us. In Jesus precious name, Amen.
Daily Bible Verses: Luke 2:7 KJV
(7) And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
Daily God’s Promises: Ephesians 1:12-13 KJV
(12) That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
(13) In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
May not be sold or resold in any form, free to share. Originally published at http://www.turtle30cshell.com