|Every Sunday A Psalms: Revence of God
Daily Devotions: by Christina Farris
To choose to revere God is not always scary meaning. To ssay I fear the Lord is a form of reverence. It respect of Godís judgment and mercy. A godly respect for God is to be able to praise God in the assembly of His people. It is a testimony to oneself that you fear God more then you do those around you. No, it is the knowledge of being in a crowd and not fearing if people laugh at you for your faith. Allowing your faith to shine no matter where you are. That the praise from your mouth comes forth as a part of your life. In truth I meet very few people in my life time that have that gift of continual praise on their lips. To listen to these type of people can be a blessing, but one has to listen carefully to what being said. I often wonder how many unbelievers hear the truth of these peopleís words. Most people either ignore it or encourage these people.
Those that have this gift are a blessing to the believer, it is a testimony of speaking of faith in the middle of a crowd of potential unbelievers. Yet one never knows today by dress if one is a believer or not. People tend to blend with their surrounding. Yet those that testify of a humble life style still exist. The lack of jewelry either means one is poor, or humble. The long dresses and little bonnets represent a segregated life style and puritan hats. Many folks wonder about this life style, but never ask. The appearance of humility is not always humble though in the heart.
To be humble in the heart, is to recognize Godís authority in oneís life. To know without God that in truth life would not go so well. To walk with God is to know His business. To understand his power and might. To know the works of his hands. To be able to distinguish His power from the enemy. To praise him for his handiwork, or his miracles of life is only a beginning. It to know the hour of weakness before the enemy and to know the power of God taking the lead in oneís life. He show His power to his people so they know the power of God and the hope of the inheritance that is taken from the unbeliever, who has no hope in God.
To praise God is more then lip singing, it to know God for who he is. To know He is trustworthy even when we, ourselves would never believe the power of his mercy and rescue in a storm until it happens. It is the fire fighter going in and rescuing someone in the middle of a burning building, where seemed to be no hope. To rest in the hope of Godís deliverance can be life and death, but it can be standing in the crowd and sharing only to hear the amen corner of Godís encouragement.
Dear Heavenly Father let us praise you today for your word is true and faithful, your judgment ever so right. Encourage your people to share your goodness and mercy to the crowd. In Jesus precious name, Amen.
Countdown To Thanksgiving 12 Days left: Thank God for humbling of his people as we face the world of those needing Him.
Continual Scripture Study for Devotion:1 Peter 1:3-9 KJV
(3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
(4) To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
(5) Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
(6) Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
(7) That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
(8) Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
(9) Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.