|The Family LIne
Daily Devotions: by Christina Farris
The history of the family is so important to many people. Naomi and Ruth were given family and their children and grandchildren to come linage that would begin with much hope and bloodline that would end with the cross of Calvary. David would be a great king of Israel and his bloodline can be trace to the family who would care for Godís Only Son born of the womb of Mary. The hope of Naomi and Ruth of a family to care of them was fulfilled. A dream that was consider lost in chapter one of Ruth. Today is Veterans Day not just in America but around the world because of one of the biggest wars in history called World War 1 and II. Very few countries left out of this war. The Gulf wars not every country has been involved, yet many joined to help fight because they were allies and seen their own future potential at stake if they did not.
Ruth ally was her mother in law. Ruth did not know as a foreigner her family line would be ushered into the kingdom, rule of Israel as well as to be the line of the Messiah. Something unheard of, not in the least. Her family line would be mention for generation compared to any other ancestry and spoken of today. The warriors of our nation are often from families who have fought for centuries. It is like any family trade of business it handed down knowledge of how to be a leader and not just a private in the military. The reason being one is taught how to survive the war without hopefully not always in the line of military action. If you are bright enough and knowledgeable enough your days of being on the front line is short. David started with a slingshot and learned to wear the armor of kings and our Lord Jesus war uniform is the armor of God from birth to even today. Jesus war was the sword of the Spirit that came from His mouth. Most wars begin with words but not until the first action of war is taken is battle begun. After all one war began, with the shot heard around the world. 911 would spur a war that would take out Iraq leader Hussein, Ben Ladin and continue into other parts of the Arab world through out the middle east to try and bring peace. There are areas we are in that has never known peace and one has to ask where are those that fight coming from, are they not all dead yet, after all these years.
War comes with locust across a land of everyday living. People desiring war and other desiring only peace. Military comes in droves across land and sea to fight a battle to protect innocent lives because of militaries that only wish for power and wealth of those areas and not at peace because of invaders. The Gentile nation would be coming to Israel, and yet it began with one woman coming into Israel and giving birth to a son, who grandson would be king. A nation that desire to know God but did not always live for God. A nation warned of foreign wives and yet this wife was of the household of faith. The household of faith is what changes everything to Godís way or the highway. Yet the linage of king would not always be of the household of faith and neither would their foreign wives. Ruth being a model for all gentiles of living for God and the hope and future of life.
There is a point I am trying to make on this veterans day, our wars and victories come with a price of family of line of generations that have battled in combat for centuries. My own family having distant cousins and second cousins having military experience. Yet the wars never seem close to home, until I began to see men of uniform on face book. It leaves impact of it not just a war but it is effecting your family. It does effect my family line. One family member in Iraq has picture of him standing on capital of Iraq with a American flag. No long is war just something on the news. It effects people I have yet to know. Living in small town everyone knows more or less their third and fourth cousin and sometimes beyond. I had not that blessing growing up. Yet that is what cousins online do for a person, get them in touch with the line of work other family members do.
Ruth history in Israel might of start with gleaning wheat, but it would go to the cross of Calvary. Every sinner born of the Spirit history goes to Calvary to be born of Godís Spirit. Each sinner saved by grace at the cross, uniting all believers in Jesus to God. Today one Veterans day if you take not one thing from this I hope it be the cross. See the cross story come from both Jewish and Gentile line. A line of uniting the world to know God as Savior through His Son through faith in Him. The biggest war can not change who Jesus is nor take him from the heart of soul of those that believe by faith. Jesus family would start with sling shot of weaponry and end with weaponry of sword of the Spirit. Veterans you may be fighting with sling shot in the beginning but it does not have to end there it can go to learn to fighting by Godís Spirit through faith in Christ Jesus, the Son and the Word of God. Consider what you fight with weapons of man or weapons of God.
Dear Heavenly Father help us to learn to fight not by our own words, or our weapons but with weapons of God. In Jesus precious name, Amen.
Countdown To Thanksgiving 14 Days left: Thank God for His Armor of Protection Of His people. Love by the Spirit being the greatest weapon of all.
Continual Scripture Study for Devotion:1 Samuel 16:13-23 KJV
(13) Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah.
(14) But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.
(15) And Saul's servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubleth thee.
(16) Let our lord now command thy servants, which are before thee, to seek out a man, who is a cunning player on an harp: and it shall come to pass, when the evil spirit from God is upon thee, that he shall play with his hand, and thou shalt be well.
(17) And Saul said unto his servants, Provide me now a man that can play well, and bring him to me.
(18) Then answered one of the servants, and said, Behold, I have seen a son of Jesse the Bethlehemite, that is cunning in playing, and a mighty valiant man, and a man of war, and prudent in matters, and a comely person, and the LORD is with him.
(19) Wherefore Saul sent messengers unto Jesse, and said, Send me David thy son, which is with the sheep.
(20) And Jesse took an ass laden with bread, and a bottle of wine, and a kid, and sent them by David his son unto Saul.
(21) And David came to Saul, and stood before him: and he loved him greatly; and he became his armourbearer.
(22) And Saul sent to Jesse, saying, Let David, I pray thee, stand before me; for he hath found favour in my sight.
(23) And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him.