|Observations for Study This Month|
By Christina Farris
Counting your blessing and see what God has done in your life, is a necessary job of the believer. It is a time of realization of all God does for us. Whether it is a miracle, daily provisions, or just hope for the future. God blesses us in many ways. And as we kick off this month of blessings i am here to remind you if you want last years devotions on count your blessings you need to only go to updates and rerun page in the buttons above.
This month devotions we are celebrating God's creation, in observance with Earth Day in the world. The Study is about "How God looks upon his creation" and the things He has made, renewed and destroyed. Also for some areas this goes inside with Spring clean up week a time to take out the trash. Time to clean out the closet and remove all that storage that is never unpacked. The one time you can shake all the dust from the house in all those nooks and carnies left out over the winder months. Call your local governement office and see if they observe clean up week or check your local bulletine board.
|National Library Day|
by Christina Farris
Nation Library Day April 12, 2016 observance. Along with spring cleaning this month it is a good reminder to go through your bookshelves and disregard any book you do not want and take it to your local public/church libray. If you enjoyed a book, I am sure someone else will. It might not be a book you will read a second time, so pass it on, unless it is a collector item. Take time to read a book this month, something you enjoy not just your Bible. There many things to read and learn about in this world. Your Bible should be the one book that study everyday to keep in tuned with what God actually says. Yet in the world there are many voices and stories of life. Not all good and not all bad, some fiction, and some facts.
Everyone has opinion or observation in life. Some write down what they learn and others write down only facts. There are books of poetry, romance, mystery, novels,history and comedy is just to name a few types of books in the world. Not all glorify God but all glorify man. Pick up a book today and go to place you can only go by reading about it. Pick up your Bible and go to Jerusalem, or to the time of Christ. The Bible will speak of heaven and will not reach beyond the vision of what heaven must be like.
Forgot to mention. Check out your local library on facebook ad see all the children's programs they offer.
|Needing Tax Help|
By Christina Farris
Have you gotten your taxes filled out and sent in, if not consider calling Clinch Valley Community Action for free tax help for low income families. They also offer a wide variety of other services for families needing assistance. They are well knowledgable about taxes and also very friendly, showing compassion and courtesy to their vistors. They will take time to explain anything you might not understand concerning their programs and information they are providing for you. Consider making Clinch Valley Community Action part of your solution to filling out your Tax return today, or consider looking into other programs they provide for families needing assistance. Leave your headache with them and do not take it home with you.
If Clinch Community Action is not in your community go to IRS and see what organizations are helping with free Tax Help. Service should be free and confidential. IRS Tax Assistance(click here)
Remember you only have a few days left. April 15, 2015 deadline.
|Turtle's Thoughts For Today: At The Door Of The Pearly Gates|
By Christina Farris
Turtle's World what is happen in world today but simply the re-evaluation of life? The simple fact is God's world is always revolving and keeping time with music of life. The music beats in four four timing for four seasons, and half notes for day and night. There is no room to take a pause in Godís world but on the seventh refrain. There is only a time of reflection, when a person reaches heaven gates and stand before the judge, with Jesus as their lawyer and friend. Jesus standing at the door that says come in to all that believe. The reflection of the past races by as the devil hunts those sins he might use against you. One thing here and two thing there and did you really do that. As if God's gentle voice says child did I not say you were forgiven upon that day you believed, did you receive that note of forgiveness, or are you letting the devil torment you. If God says you are forgiven you are forgiven. If condemns then God is the only one that can condemn you. Sin is condemned but God's grace covers a multitude of sin. God's grace is provided even with the blood of Jesus as he walked the road of sin and death. Beaten and tried for our sins. Rose to victory so we could have life. The double beat of heart wihin speaks of Jesus and your soul inter twined by the masters hand. You dined on his word to remember his voice. You invited him to know him as Lord and Savior. Did you take time eat, and time to drink the living water and the bread of life? Or are you fasting from the word of God because of pain man cause you not God. Consider this, your pain is great perhaps, but Godís word will heal and mend the broken hearted. God will get you through the pain of what man does to you. God forgave you of your sins: then God will enable you to forgive others. It might take time, but it will happen. Time heals all human wounds, but God heals all spiritual wounds. Healing comes instantly, but our minds cannot receive it instantly. Our minds are slow to handle all of lifeís headaches and woes. Yet God's word penetrates the heart and mends the broken spirit of our human heart. The final reflection of life begins at the pearly gates and as we enter into heaven our slate board is wiped clean and new life begins with in heavens gate.
|Turtle Ponderings for Today|
By Christina Farris
The fast pace world we live in, changes so quickly with the images and pictures we see. One needs to learn to slow down and breath to maintain some type of rational thought.
The new chip in our bank cards for our safety only add to the confusion whether or not the old cards were safe enough in the first place. The fact is our fast changing world is changing to fast to keep up with.
Those phone calls, that are always a wrong number, are they not more irritating then the spam in our email boxes. Right in the middle of a good nap and the phone rings and no use for a person to go back to sleep.
All this sounds like a start to a good rant, but in truth it the little things like these that are easily ignored. Why even answer the phone, because it is just encase it is that one call that says someone has been injured or died that you know. Or even better then that a friend calling to pass a little time with you.
If it were not for the birds, or the smile or a friend's face, would one still have a good day. The truth of the matter we all live for those good moments in life and the fun times are treasured.
By Christina Farris
group together by Christina Farris 4/1/2015
King Saul First king to admit he was a fool for chasing David for David saw King Saul as precious in his eyes. David chose not to kill king Saul
.1 Samuel 26:21-22 KJV
(21) Then said Saul, I have sinned: return, my son David: for I will no more do thee harm, because my soul was precious in thine eyes this day: behold, I have played the fool, and have erred exceedingly.
(22) And David answered and said, Behold the king's spear! and let one of the young men come over and fetch it.A Deceivers Death
Act of deception to deceive was Abner. Joab took him to gate and killed him.2 Samuel 3:33-34 KJV
(33) And the king lamented over Abner, and said, Died Abner as a fool dieth?
(34) Thy hands were not bound, nor thy feet put into fetters: as a man falleth before wicked men, so fellest thou. And all the people wept again over him
.Say There is No God
Some to ignore such a great Salvation given by God by simpling believing in His Salvation is consider a fool.
Psalms 14:1 KJV
(1) To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.Leaves An Inheritance
Money is a necessary evil, but those that hoard to never share, never learn to love another. The greatest gift being love. Psalms 49:10 KJV
(10) For he seeth that wise men die, likewise the fool and the brutish person perish, and leave their wealth to others.Because One Thinks They are God
The one that thinks there no God fines they have sinned too. Psalms 53:1 KJV
(1) To the chief Musician upon Mahalath, Maschil, A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.No Knowledge of God
The depth of Godís knowledge is not understood by unbeliever, do not be deceived into thinking he will understand the depth of God.Psalms 92:5-6 KJV
(5) O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.
(6) A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this.Trapped Man
Man is trapped as a dog to a food bowl or the addiction of chocolate or alcohol. Man is trapped by women is consider a fool if he only allured by her enticement. Proverbs 7:22 KJV
(22) He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks;Disobedience
Price of disobedience has it own reward/punishment. A wink Proverbs 10:8 KJV
(8) The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating fool shall fall.
Proverbs 10:10 KJV
Liar is called a fool.Proverbs 10:18 KJV
(18) He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.Servant To Wisdom
Fool serves a wise heart. His inheritance is slavery to another because he causes trouble. Kind of a like criminal that steals from his home to only land up in jail.Proverbs 11:29 KJV
(29) He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool shall be servant to the wise of heart.Anger of Fool Is Known
Does Not Seek Godly Counsel
A fool does not seek Godly counsel, but the counsel of wicked or his own.Proverbs 12:15 KJV
(15) The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.It is better to hold your anger in front of the world, and cover it behind closed doors.Proverbs 12:16 KJV
(16) A fool's wrath is presently known: but a prudent man covereth shame.
Proverbs 14:16-17 KJV
Proverbs 27:3 KJV
Fool is often made fun of for his errors that are laid out before the world.Proverbs 13:16 KJV
(16) Every prudent man dealeth with knowledge: but a fool layeth open his folly.Depiser of Parental Instruction
Only time counsel of a parent is wrong is if it is not godly counsel. Proverbs 15:5 KJV
(5) A fool despiseth his father's instruction: but he that regardeth reproof is prudent.Just saying something to a wise person is all that is needed for correction. A fool learns by other means of correction.Proverbs 17:10 KJV
(10) A reproof entereth more into a wise man than an hundred stripes into a fool. Meeting A Bear
No one wants to meet a bear not even a man. But better a man then a fool whoís first reaction might be his last. Proverbs 17:12 KJV
(12) Let a bear robbed of her whelps meet a man, rather than a fool in his folly.Waste of Knowledge
It cost a man time and money who has to gain knowledge at a price. Yet it is a waste to those that have no heart to learn it.Proverbs 17:16 KJV
(16) Wherefore is there a price in the hand of a fool to get wisdom, seeing he hath no heart to it?
Proverbs 28:26 KJV
Proverbs 29:11 KJV
Proverbs 29:20 KJV
(2) A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.Fool Should Shut His MouthProverbs 18:6-7 KJV
(6) A fool's lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for strokes.
(7) A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.
Proverbs 19:1 KJV
Proverbs 23:9 KJV
Proverbs 24:7 KJV
Ecclesiastes 5:2-3 KJV
Wealth is not for foolish man, neither should he rule.Proverbs 19:10 KJV
(10) Delight is not seemly for a fool; much less for a servant to have rule over princes.
Ecclesiastes 2:14-15 KJV
(3) It is an honour for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling.Two Things Do Not MeshProverbs 26:1 KJV (1) As snow in summer, and as rain in harvest, so honour is not seemly for a fool.Type of Summary
If you could conclude what Proverbs said about Fools this would be the chapter.Proverbs 26:1-12 KJV
(1) As snow in summer, and as rain in harvest, so honour is not seemly for a fool.
(2) As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come.
(3) A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back.
(4) Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
(5) Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
(6) He that sendeth a message by the hand of a fool cutteth off the feet, and drinketh damage.
(7) The legs of the lame are not equal: so is a parable in the mouth of fools.
(8) As he that bindeth a stone in a sling, so is he that giveth honour to a fool.
(9) As a thorn goeth up into the hand of a drunkard, so is a parable in the mouth of fools.
(10) The great God that formed all things both rewardeth the fool, and rewardeth transgressors.
(11) As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.
12) Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.A Fool eats even the very think that is used for employmentEcclesiastes 4:5 KJV
(5) The fool foldeth his hands together, and eateth his own flesh.Jesus Sums It Up BestMatthew 5:22 KJV
(22) But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. Today Is April Fools Day: Many pranks are played to make someone look silly. Yet Jesus says to call no man a fool. Fact we all do silly things to make us look foolish to each other from time to time. Even when we have all are ducks in a row. The problem is when the world is laughing and you are not. Then you are playing the fool to the world. Fact is laughing at ourselves is part of understanding our imperfections has human beings. We laugh when we see a polar bear or a penguin slip on ice, because they are born in ice country, but for some one to slip and fall and break a leg it has lost its humor.
Secretary Week 2016
by Christina Farris 4/16/2016
Secretary Week 2016 is about to begin. Last year message was posted to make a point. Yes at times I am a bit slow but I have full filled my promise of New Cards and a Secretary Cards only to be reminded of Lawyer Day I missed. I be truthful, it hard to keep up with all these days, in truth I seldom do. However I try to get the Lawyers a place to as well as Doctors Day when I can learn when doctor day is. The point is this. Alot of days to celebrate the working man job. Even the Blue collar workers and it called Labor Day. Yet these special days like Secretary day just allows bosses to say thank you. For in truth it no secret that the secretary is often the one caring the major load in the office.
|National Administrative/Secretary Day|
by Christina Farris 4/23/2015To all you secretary and administrative personal, I want to thank you for being people who keep our nation's businesses functioning. I did not mean to slight you or myself in this grand day of yesterday but,simply missed it on the calendar. How could I forget you, simple, it is called paperwork and left off the main calendar. You know those things everyone suppose to go by and do not. That one calendar that gets changed in every office by everyone but the person that suppose to be keeping track.
Now I did not mean to slight you any, because of your important work of keeping every business inline. However your role is so important it gets listed in the gifts of God for the church. Consider if it is important to God and the church world it is important also to the business world to make things function as they should. A secretary or boss can not be every part of business successfully, unless it is a small business. If you run it on your own, you know there days you wish for extra hand or foot or even a human presence to help carry the load. If you work independently you know it hard to keep track of everything. I realized today I do not have secretary cards unless they got deleted, I am going to have to do some checking. By next year we will have some new cards up for you to enjoy. But hospital stay earlier this month and out for lunch this week so to speak, i have not had any time. So it is with every thing in life, God is good when He allows business to strive to be able to afford an extra hand. Stive to include many and not just a few. God's business always has always room for one more. Business world always as a job for someone brother in law. The work force. Enjoy your week. And remember you have a special part in the world of business.1 Corinthians 12:4-31 KJV
(4) Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
(5) And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
(6) And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
(7) But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
(8) For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
(9) To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
(10) To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
(11) But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
(12) For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
(13) For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
(14) For the body is not one member, but many.
(15) If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
(16) And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
(17) If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
(18) But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
(19) And if they were all one member, where were the body?
(20) But now are they many members, yet but one body.
(21) And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
(22) Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
(23) And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
(24) For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:
(25) That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
(26) And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
(27) Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
(28) And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
(29) Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
(30) Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
(31) But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.
|The Nature Walk|
By Christina Farris
Every been to on a nature walk, or taken a trip to a local park. See how many plants do you see? How many animals do you see? How many plants and animals do you not know there names for? Each animal and plant is God's creation. Consider taking time to learn about each of these plants and animals, by visiting local wildlife parks and talking to staff or a park ranger, Person can also do internet or library research. Take a class if one is offered in your area and learn about the life of plants and animals. Watch out for snakes if you take a hike, and look for new babies from the spring thaw. Beware of bears, wild cats and coyote's to just to name a few animals not to go near. If in Florida or New Orleans beware of crocodiles as well. If you visit the ocean this summer watch out for sharks and jellyfish. Let us not forget to be careful not to get in tangled by poison ivy, sumac or oak vines for all have a terrible itch if it comes in contact with your skin. Do not put anything in your mouth you do not know what it is and also wash it if you must eat because of pestcides. It might look good but it might have deadly consequences. The number one tip is have fun exploring, but read the list of do nots before you explore the great out doors. Remember animals are as scared of you has you are of them, but that does not mean to try and make a friend. One more thing remember to take a first aid kit, a supply bag encase of emergencies and remember your cell phone might not work in some areas.