by Christina Farris 5/25/2015Today is a day to remember our brave men and women who fight for our country that lost their lives for our freedom and freedoms around the world. May we remember and not forget our brave men and women.
|Quiet Reflections: To The Graduates of 2015|
Christina Farris 5/14/2015As the month of May quickly passes by, I can only think of how babies grow up so quickly from infancy, to toddlers, to preschoolers,to elementary age, to middle school, to high school and then to graduate.
Class of 2015 I wish you the best in life and my prayer is that you grow in the grace of God and our Lord Jesus Christ as you experience the world of life. Knowing your human, and yet called by the grace of God to be His child. Go into the world be a child of God and not a child of the devil. Knowing this world is a life full of love, hope, joy and hardship. May God bless your future and your life. Make not only your parents proud of you and yourself, but make God proud of you.
|Proverbs 3:4-8 KJV
(4) So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
(5) Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
(6) In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
(7) Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
(8) It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.
|Thoughts For Today: Live For The Lord|
by Christina Farris 5/1/2015Can you live for Jesus today? It is easy to say the words I will live for you Lord, but to truly mean it and do it, is something else. If you are given a second chance in life how will you use those days? Consider today was your last and the next minute you get to begin anew again. Live it for Jesus. This might be your last chance.
|Thought For Today:God's Timing|
Christina Farris 5/01/2015One can either be bitter towards God for the problems one is handed in life, or rely on it has it being solved in God's timing. God's timing is the miracle. Our timing is how can we fix it attitude. Sarah tried to fix Abraham desire of a child by giving him her maid, only to discover that was not God's plan but hers for at ninety she had a child. Genesis 21:2 KJV
For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him.
|Thoughts For Today: Not Enough Time|
by Christina Farris 5/1/2015The other day as I mailed a letter at the post office waiting for a stamp, I was getting impatient as the elderly explained to the postmaster about how she emailed her friend, but she could not send a package by email. She wanted to send something to her friend she had not seen in a long time. Yet she desired to get this item as fast as she could to her friend. All I could think, was this explanation so important to this elderly woman, that she had to share it with the post office. Small towns are like that, everyone seems to like to share their business. It is called small talk don't you know. Yet it was driving me nuts because I had to get home to go to take a friend to the doctor. By the time the lady was done, I had about fifteen minutes to get home and was twenty minutes away. I was so distressed that without thinking I began to make my own commentary of my plight to the post master of how I was in a hurry. By the time I got out of the post office, i had five minutes to get home, I finally realized I too must be getting old.
|Turtle30cshell Updates and Reruns|
by Christina Farris 5/8/2015Rerun section for Word Press is fixed and soon updates will be up as well. However there maybe some changes there. Take a look and read awhile. Just click the Rerun and Update page for any changes to Reruns and Updates or click here
|Turtle30cshell Updates and Reruns|
by Christina Farris 5/1/2015There is a new Rerun and Update section. Currently there is an update problem on my Word Press Biog for Turtle30cshell Updates and Reruns. Yet updating and archiving is still going on, on the mainsite. Take a look and read awhile. Just click the Rerun and Update or click here
by Christina Farris 5/25/2015I remember as a child the stories of children being kidnapped, and of course not much details were given to us children, but enough to remind us not to talk to strangers, or to run and get mom or dad if we felt in danger. The stories that plagued our news in Texas of missing children greatly disturbed me as a child. I remember one story of a child crossing guard in Texas being kidnapped. It was not my school but one in the same city of Texas. I did not remember the name of the child, but the image from the news is still etched in my mind, for she was about my age and nothing I could do about it.
The horror stories of child kidnappings plague our world, our nation, our state, county, our city and towns. We can not escape evil people that want to destroy our children.Teaching our children to scream, and to run, is the only thing that might keep them safe from a predator. Yet it not full proof.
Milk boxes, news stories, images at the post office of missing children, along with images on social media, and our local grocery stories, can only tell of children's who lives are being destroyed, that might never get repaired if never found. Today is missing children day. Our nation is searching, and with amber alert, law enforcement and nosey neighbors our world is becoming safer but not full proof to protection against the terror of children being kidnapping and rape. Better to be over protective of our children then under protective.
by Christina Farris 5/1/2015What does it mean to be Loyal? What does it mean to not betray a friend. Jonathan was faithful to David and closer then a brother despite his father. David was loyal to Jonathan and Saul, even though Saul had tried to kill him. Ruth was loyal to her mother in law and willing went ot a country not her own. Enoch was the first man loyal to God, that God translated him up to heaven. Yet these were all individual relationships, and not Country. Loyalty day is about loyalty to country. Let us look at the price of loyalty.
2 Samuel 11:6-13 KJV
(6) And David sent to Joab, saying, Send me Uriah the Hittite. And Joab sent Uriah to David.
(7) And when Uriah was come unto him, David demanded of him how Joab did, and how the people did, and how the war prospered.
(8) And David said to Uriah, Go down to thy house, and wash thy feet. And Uriah departed out of the king's house, and there followed him a mess of meat from the king.
(9) But Uriah slept at the door of the king's house with all the servants of his lord, and went not down to his house.
(10) And when they had told David, saying, Uriah went not down unto his house, David said unto Uriah, Camest thou not from thy journey? why then didst thou not go down unto thine house?
(11) And Uriah said unto David, The ark, and Israel, and Judah, abide in tents; and my lord Joab, and the servants of my lord, are encamped in the open fields; shall I then go into mine house, to eat and to drink, and to lie with my wife? as thou livest, and as thy soul liveth, I will not do this thing.
(12) And David said to Uriah, Tarry here to day also, and to morrow I will let thee depart. So Uriah abode in Jerusalem that day, and the morrow.
(13) And when David had called him, he did eat and drink before him; and he made him drunk: and at even he went out to lie on his bed with the servants of his lord, but went not down to his house.
Uriah as far as individual may of shown more loyalty not only to his men but his country then King David. Not even going to his own house because the Ark and Israel were in tents and at war, he would not go to his own house tell Israel was at home. His patriotism only caused the king to betray him. So it with loyalty, loyalty to God, loyalty to country and the king to the point he took not care of his own. This loyalty would cost him his life, for King David had impregnated his wife. King David had hope to cover the pregnancy up with returning Uriah to his wife for a short visit home that never took place.
The moral to the story, don't get stuck between the king and his lover even if it is your wife. Uriah probably never knew what hit him, for he was put on the front line. His loyalty would put him right on the frontlines. He would die a hero to Israel and no one would know the crime of David, until the son of Bathesheba was born and later got sick and died. The truth came out before all of Israel, by the prophet Nathan who came as a messenger from God.
This is point, David was loyal king, but even he was just a man. Ones loyalty to one's nation can have its own breaking points. The breaking point is because of one's own sin, or betrayal. I am American, and I am loyal to God and my country, yet my betrayal point is probably when the law betrays me. I am not a person of power but I know the one that has all the power his name is Jesus. My loyalty is to my faith. I stumble and often find myself weak when I should be strong, because learning to trust God is a moment by moment goaled because of my humanity. It took David one night looking out a window to fall, it only takes a person with that right temptation to fall.
If we truly walk by the Spirit of God as a believer,one will not fulfill the flesh, but the humanity say oh no, i fulfill my needs of my flesh. Because of the desires for fun, freedom and mischief making, one never considers that the mischief making is the problem.
Romans 7:22-8:2 KJV
Let us not use the freedom of Christ as a reason to sin, but understand that we all are vulernable to those things that might make us a betrayer to one self and others. May the loyalty to our nation not betray our Lord. Let our loyalty to family and friends not betray our faith. Let our faith not betray another. Let us not be alarmed when we search our soul and find one self to be a betrayer of secrets through gossip, and through protest against those things we feel are not correct in our country, despite our law made by our government. Let the betrayal be for improvement not chaos of war. Let our loyalty be for the betterment of country, humanity and home.
(22) For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
(23) But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
(24) O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
(25) I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
(1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
(2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
|National Freedom Of The Press Dayby Christina Farris 5/1/2015Seldom does anyone in America think about freedom to write or to speak, because it is a liberty we hold dear. Yet it not always so simple, for men and women, who risk there life in war and places were freedom is not like our to bring the News.|
Sunday May 3 is National Freedom of the Press Day. Pick up the Sunday paper and thank the good Lord above of the freedoms we have that can be a curse if you are on the wrong side of the story.
|National Nurses and Teachers Week|
by Christina Farris 5/1/2015The most thankless job is being a Nurse or a Teacher, each job requires patience of dealing with people that are not always cooperative, not always willing to listen and learn, or even give a smile. Yet nurses are special people that know almost as much as the doctor. Yet cares for the personal needs of each and every patient. Teachers often care beyond what is required. Giving children pencils and papter that have none. Going that extra mile to make a student smile. The teacher encourages the student to be all that he or she can be. Yet the teacher like the nurse can not as the old saying goes lead their horse to water and make it drink. Remember your nurses and/or teacher this week. Remember to say extra prayer. Happy Nurses and Teachers Week!!
|National Day of Prayer Event At The White House Is Private This Year|
by Christina Farris May 7, 2015 The President Obama chose not to opent the White House publicly this year for the National Day of Prayer according to CNN News. Is is shocking to hear this but not in reality. Should not the President be able to privately celebrate as well as publicly demonstrate his faith. Should He be required to force his young teens to worship interfaith, or should not a person respect the president his freedom. This allows the President to teach his children about the sacredness of their faith in God? We hired a President to enforce our laws at the government level, not based on his faith. It offends atheist so what. It does not stop anyone from the celebration of faith today. Atheist are practicing their freedom to voice their opinion. Though just like atheist we like to shut their voice, like they would like to shut the mouths of religious zealots up.
Peace to you Mr President for so desiring to demonstrate the power of home faith as well as political faith. After all the White House is your home and your private life should be private, except for those things you wish to share with us. May God bless our President and His family for attempting to teach in tough situations.
CNN New Article Click Here
The National Day Of Prayer is the one day our nation comes before the Lord in humbleness. Though many groups pray there only one God to pray to, who is the God and Creator of us all. Want more information on National Day of Prayer go to Dailies and read the devotionals for May 3-7,2015. Not ON the main daily page try the Rerun page for May after May 9, 2015.
|Mother's Day 2015|
by Christina Farris 5/9/2015Mother's Day is a day of being reminded how special women are as they birth new life into the world, not just both physically by having babies but physically by the labor of their work and love in the world. Mother's are no longer the only full time caregiver in the home of the offspring, but her role is still so important to the children. She brings about that womanly charm, those womanly attributes with laughter, and tears. the ability to wear a dress and look refined, to the ability to wear demin jeans and tshirts and look ready to play outdoor games with her children The ability to be dainty and yet ready to fight a war. How women and mother's have changed who they really are in our world. No longer the caregiver of the hearth of the home. Have they lost their gender roles, to the point they know not who they are. No they still like painting finger nails, and wearing lipstick to the mall. They still like bright colors and the changing of outfits and shoes to match the seasons. Yet mother's still enjoy watching their children grow, without the stress of motherhood in years gone by because their mate is sharing equal responsibility of the work in the home.
Mother's are you teaching both male and female of your home to be people of equality and not difference. Men naturally seek out men for companionship and woman seek out friendship among women, because of their similiarities in gender. Yet God never said it was okay to go against His laws of marriage. As the marriage question plagues our supreme court, man may allow the sin of homosexuality for choice. Yet it is not marriage by God's standards. It should not be called marriage in our laws, but by another term of partnership to protect those they care about whether it be a homosexual lover, or a mother,aunt, or just a friend. Opening the right of every citizen to help take care of others that are not their spouse by marriage. After all the U.S. constitution says one man and one woman makes a marriage. Let a new law reflect the change in time, not the state or principals our nation was founded on. One change in constitution can change the course of history of freedoms that are to be protected. Opening to wide and dangerous roads.Adding to only allows a freedom that was added later to be changed or removed. I support that law that will allow our nation to evolve and yet keep its footing,based on the fact our nation is made of the harlots and the bride of God.
Woman teach your children what God's laws are and the natural reproduction. Teach your children how we change the natural order of things, they will not stand the test of time. Teach your children where an egg comes from so they know that the adult chicken they eat from the store gives food without death. That beef gives milk without slaughter, and beef with slaughter. Teach how the herbs, and food supply is from the earth, so land is perserved for production. Restore the natural reminders of God's original design was not incubator, for eggs, or a slaughter house. No matter what survival skills in this world still remain. A calculator only produce people with no knowledge of how to add, and computer books only teach people how to read, but not how to shelve the hard back book. Teach your children where we come from and who God is, for without this knowledge we loose our humanity and indivudal gender except for body parts.
May you have a blessed Mother's Day, remember why you are a mother to teach your childre the natural order of things in life by God's design and how man has adapted to survive in our changing world even going against the natural order of things for the sake of peace. After all God allows man to rule over his creation, yet it does not make them in obedience to his rules.
|Romans 1:17-32 KJV
(17) For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
(18) For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
(19) Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
(20) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
(21) Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
(22) Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
(23) And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
(24) Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
(25) Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
(26) For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
(27) And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
(28) And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
(29) Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
(30) Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
(31) Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
(32) Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
|Ascension Thursday: Jesus Is Coming|
by Christina Farris 5/14/2015Today is Ascension Thursday a reminder of Christ returning to the Father and His promise to return. Jesus is coming back, and what a glorious time that will be. A believers hope fully realized upon his return. Every eye will see Jesus and every eye will behold him know He is real and that hope is real. As we celebrate the Christ Ascent let us remember to share the gospel because without the hope of salvation that day of promise is also a day of weeping and gnashing of teeth.
|Matthew 24:50-51 KJV
(50) The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
(51) And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
|Let's Celebrate the Holy Spirit|
by Christina Farris 5/24/2015Let us celebrate the power of the Holy Spirit coming to all believers to testify of the wonderful works of God. To demonstrate that power of God in a believers life, to giving of each believer the ability to live a life pleasing to God and to testify of God's mercy and grace through sending his Son Christ Jesus who died for our sins. God did not intend for us to be without the comfort of His presence in our life. He gave us His Spirit so we could know His reality, His power and His ability to do all we ask according to His will. His will is for us all to be saved, not just a few. God called all. Let us testify by receiving and asking for His Spirit today if you are a believer in Christ. Get saved first. Then ask for His Spirit to enable and empower you to be a witness for him.