|5/6/2012 recording date. audio/video is 5 minutes takes a
few minutes to load so be patient please. Or just read
ahead. Also the following week it is air on utube on
turtle30cshell channel. Just type in website name when
you got to utube.
National Day of Prayer by Christina Farris
My name is Christina Farris. I come live from turtle30cshell house to celebrate the
National Day of Prayer on May 4, 2012. It is celebrated on the first Thursday in May in
acted by Congress and President Obama, established for all Americans to worship
God. Psalms 33 is consider the National Day of Prayer scripture and I have chosen
today as well.
Psalms 33:1-22 KJV
(1) Rejoice in the LORD, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright.
(2) Praise the LORD with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of
(3) Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise.
(4) For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.
(5) He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the
(6) By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by
the breath of his mouth.
(7) He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth
(8) Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe
(9) For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.
(10) The LORD bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought: he maketh the
devices of the people of none effect.
(11) The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all
(12) Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath
chosen for his own inheritance.
(13) The LORD looketh from heaven; he beholdeth all the sons of men.
(14) From the place of his habitation he looketh upon all the inhabitants of the
(15) He fashioneth their hearts alike; he considereth all their works.
(16) There is no king saved by the multitude of an host: a mighty man is not
delivered by much strength.
(17) An horse is a vain thing for safety: neither shall he deliver any by his great
(18) Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope
in his mercy;
(19) To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.
(20) Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield.
(21) For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.
(22) Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.
What does it mean to pray for our nation? It is about recognizing God leadership
not just over our nation, but around the world. It is about recognizing God and
asking for His guidance for leadership over our nation. It is important to recognize
National Day of prayer observe on the first Thursday in May. All nations that
recognize God have a day of observance and ask God for direction over their
nation. However it should not be one time event but only one year reminder to do
so, because we all should pray every day for our nation and people within our
borders. It should not be about race, sex, division of faith many including myself
believe that only one for man might be saved that is through Jesus Christ our
Lord. Which is a gift to us by God. Its not enough to watch our nation struggle with
current events of tornados, earthquakes and hurricanes, but to recognize
opportunities to serve each other in time of needs and crisis. Time of prayer is
reminder to be a citizen of moral character as well as a time to look to God. It is time
to say I will be a witness for Him and trust in Him for strength to do my part in
service to God.
The National Day of Prayer is more then a sweet reminder of time when all come
together except for atheists to recognize God’s mighty hand in our nation and
given credit where it is due. It is time believers take a stand and stop whining and
complaining whats wrong in the world, but seek God almighty for deliverance for
the things that are wrong in the world, including correcting the evil in our land.
How many years will come and go and our nation will no longer look to God again.
Well it be with our next president? I hope not. May God bless our nation and our
leaders, as the little people that seek to know Him.