|2/12/2012 recording date. audio/video is 7 minutes
takes a few minutes to load so be patient please. Or
just read ahead. Also the following week it is air on
utube on turtle30cshell channel. Just type in website
name when you got to utube.
First Sunday Sermon: The Word of God
Today I coming live to you from turtle30cshell home, my house to present the
gospel of Jesus Christ, not to preach at you but just to bear witness of who
God is and Who his son is and the Holy Spirit. I do not look for this message
to be prefect, but to hold the one that is perfect within the message. If you
looking for a perfect preacher you better look to Jesus. Jesus is the author
and finisher of my faith and I hope he is or will be the author and finisher of
your faith in God.
This morning we begin in John 1 with a simple passage about who God is and
his desire for us to know him and to become his children. Let us begin.
(1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word
(2) The same was in the beginning with God.
(3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that
(4) In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
(5) And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
(6) There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
(7) The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men
through him might believe.
(8) He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
(9) That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the
(10) He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew
(11) He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
(12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the
sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
(13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will
of man, but of God.
(14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his
glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
In the beginning God was the word, not maybe not, might not created but was
from the very beginning. The Spoken word of God existed before the words
God said let there be light. And upon this earth Adam and eve lived because
of sin. Man over time forgot about God and God desired for man to know Him.
He desire for man to be His children. And with this he gave the ability for us
to be His children by believing in Him. We can not by our own will become
children of God, it has to be God’s way. We must be born again not of will of
man but the spirit of God. In order this to happen one must first receive the
truth of God’s word as being true. Either you believe God’s word or you do
not. In order to receive the word of God you must believe in your heart not
just say you believe. Even the devil believes and trembles.
Faith begins with the simple acknowledgement that God exist and that He has
a plan in which we all can be saved. God created the first man and woman
without sin. Yet at the same time he allowed the serpent to tempt and Eve.
Because Even was deceived Adam would try the fruit Eve brought him
knowing it was better not to eat of this fruit. Thus he sin against God and His
Word. God had said do eat the fruit. The word of God is God, and so God sent
his Son to die on the cross for our sins, because with sin there came a
separation from God. God did not stop communicating with man, but desired
them to follow him. Yet with the first sin came man desire to follow not God
but desires of the heart and soul and know the difference between good and
God loved us so much that before the beginning God knew He would make a
way for us to be saved. It been from the beginning it called believing God’s
word. To believe is to receive the word into the heart to obedience. From the
beginning God asked man to obey him. Yet man thinking he knew best did
what he thought was best, instead of seeking God.
God then sent his Word in human flesh that we might understand how much
he loved us.
(16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that
whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
(17) For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that
the world through him might be saved.
(18) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is
condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only
begotten Son of God.
God did not send his Son to condemn us, or to say you are going to hell if you
do not repent, but he sent him so we might believe. For by believing comes
salvation. We must believe that Jesus came in the flesh. That the word came
in the flesh. Many today only believe Jesus is a prophet or a good teacher,
however they do not believe Jesus was the Word that became flesh. Jesus
came to set the example for you and me on how we ought to live. To live a life
of submission to God. Following the will of God even unto death. We are to
obey God. To obey what God’s word says not out of force but because we
love God. It all begins by believing the word of God and then believing that
Jesus is the Word of God who came in the flesh so all men. Women, boys an
girls might be saved.
Thank you for allowing me to share this simple message with you about the
word of God. May the gospel of Jesus go forth so that we can understand
more of who God is.
If you want to receive Jesus has Lord confess your sin and ask Jesus into
your heart. May God bless you and keep as grow in knew understanding of
who Jesus is.