|These videos can be found on Youtube.com under the name turtle30cshell. You can also view on the video page if you know how ot work the You tube video player. God bless you.|
|I am your host Christina Farris coming live from turtle30cshell.com, today is May 22,2017.|
Today's Message Is entitled:Yes, Lord I Believe Today's Scripture reading comes from:Mark 14:26-31 KJV
(26) And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.
(27) And Jesus saith unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered.
(28) But after that I am risen, I will go before you into Galilee.
(29) But Peter said unto him, Although all shall be offended, yet will not I.
(30) And Jesus saith unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this day, even in this night, before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice.
(31) But he spake the more vehemently, If I should die with thee, I will not deny thee in any wise. Likewise also said they all. The Betrayal to come is not something one would want to think about ever happening to them in their own walk with Christ. Yet as Jesus prepares his disciples for the events that will be taking place through rest of this chapter and the next. He is clear that Peter would deny him, not only once but three times. If you not living for God you living for the devil. To deny Jesus is to deny being one of his children. It like desiring going to be a part of a group that does not accept Jesus. There are groups that deny Christ. Yet can one be forgiven. Peter would not only deny Christ once but he would deny Christ three times and still find grace from Jesus.
We can learn several things about the coming events. Jesus is the word of God. Most people deny God's word sooner or later, especially when in disagreement with what God says. Jesus was teaching his disciples they could not stand up to the word of God all the time, because they would not believe it. All the disciples said they would not deny Jesus but they all left him and fleed when the soldiers came to arrest Jesus. Refusing to believe Jesus is refusing to accept His word.
Let us not be in a place of denying God's word or who Jesus is. Let us be in a place to say Yes Lord and I believe. Remember God is a loving and merciful God and forgives when we deny the truth of Jesus. Let us hold to the truth of who Christ is and that part of God that He is. Let our response to God be Yes, Lord I believe.