|These videos can be found on Youtube.com under the name turtle30cshell. You can also view on the video page if you know how ot work the You tube video player. God bless you.|
|I am your host Christina Farris coming live from turtle30cshell.com. Today is May 7, 2017.|
Today's Message is entitled:
Until The New Kingdom
Today Scripture reading comes from:Mark 14:17-26 KJV
(17) And in the evening he cometh with the twelve.
(18) And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me.
(19) And they began to be sorrowful, and to say unto him one by one, Is it I? and another said, Is it I?
(20) And he answered and said unto them, It is one of the twelve, that dippeth with me in the dish.
(21) The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born.
(22) And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.
(23) And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it.
(24) And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.
(25) Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.
(26) And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.
There several things I want the listener or reader to think about today in reference to this message. If you know nothing about Jewish history or tradition would this make sense at all to you. If you come from Jewish background does the supper make a lot of sense when it comes to the actual teaching of the Lord Supper. We know Jesus gave the bread and the cup to remind the disciples of his body and his blood that he would sacrifice for you and me. Yet what was known and understood in relatinship to the bread and the cup had little to do with the new tradition, beyond the feast of unleaven bread. The tradition of the bread being dipped into the wine, was a tradition symbolizing friendship and not betrayal, but in this case it would be ever thought of has betraysl. Judas was plotting against Jesus and had gotten the religious leaders to agree to pay him if he would betray Jesus. Judas by showing friendship to Jesus, was in his heart betraying his true feeling about his plot against Jesus. Yet the bread here was used also to represent Christ body. The wine was a symbol of the blood Jesus would pour out but it was used to dip the bread of friendship in. Jesus would die as act of friendship between God and us. God so loved us He sent His only Son to die for us. A price paid for our sins that cost us nothing to receive. It is the price paid for our sins and a debt we do not owe, but in order to receiving it we must receive Christ's payment for our sin, Not by suffering, prejudice, or persecution, but as a free gift given by God grace through the cross of Jesus.
Jesus would not drink the testament/covenant until He came into the New Kingdom .Jesus drank the wine and ate the bread with his disciples after his resurrection. After Jesus died he would rise again and the new kingdom would be. This Kingdom would be one that testimony of Christ would be shared and told about. Communion by bread and wine would be eaten in memory of our Lord sacrifice on the cross to have the new Kingdom. Now this is a new earthly kingdom, and a religious order of spiritual faith. We wait for Christ return to take us home to kingdom of Heaven. Yet we live in the New Testament kingdom, until Jesus returns.