|I am your host Christina Farris coming live from turtle30cshell.com, today is April 23, 2017. Today Message is entitled:|
In MemoryToday's Scripture Passage comes from:
Mark 14:1-11 KJV
The first thing to note in this passage is that a woman had bought a very expensive ointment and anointed Jesus with it. This expensive ointment could of been sold for money. Yet the woman instead took it, breaking the seal of the bottle and not literally breaking it, and pour it on Jesus. This is where the plot of the crucifixion begins to manifest itself into more of reality instead of just words and threats. See Judas was angry about the money that could of been gained, so much he would go to the priest to find out how he might betray him to them. The priest being pleased with Judas proposal and offered him money. This was because of a bottle of perfume that caused Judas angry at Jesus, who was being exalted by this woman. Yet Jesus said it was for his burial and not his kingship. In other words not an anointment for priest and kingship as a leader, but for the anointing for his death. This was prophetic and done by the Holy Spirit prior to Christ death and resurrection and the coming the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost. Fpr this reason this story would be told in honor not as a goddess but in memory of such act of faith. And remember how God takes care of details even in burial. See the women would go to the tomb to finish the body preparation preceding his death, that would of been done the following day, but it was the Sabbath and no work could be done during this time. The women would find the empty tomb, but Jesus would reveal himself to his disciples and the women.
(1) After two days was the feast of the passover, and of unleavened bread: and the chief priests and the scribes sought how they might take him by craft, and put him to death.
(2) But they said, Not on the feast day, lest there be an uproar of the people.
(3) And being in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as he sat at meat, there came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard very precious; and she brake the box, and poured it on his head.
(4) And there were some that had indignation within themselves, and said, Why was this waste of the ointment made?
(5) For it might have been sold for more than three hundred pence, and have been given to the poor. And they murmured against her.
(6) And Jesus said, Let her alone; why trouble ye her? she hath wrought a good work on me.
(7) For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always.
(8) She hath done what she could: she is come aforehand to anoint my body to the burying.
(9) Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, this also that she hath done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her.
(10) And Judas Iscariot, one of the twelve, went unto the chief priests, to betray him unto them.
(11) And when they heard it, they were glad, and promised to give him money. And he sought how he might conveniently betray him.
Somethings are simple to understand how the attention would cause the one seeking money and profit to be angry. No doubt Judas collect money when a crowd was gather. It would of been normal of offering collected or perhaps given by the crowd. Go to cities in anywhere performers do sidewalk shows, do not people often tip them. Judas sees wealth in Jesus ministry. Yet Jesus was not about the money, but about the love and compassion for the people. Judas was counting his loss in the profit line, much like a manager might get rid of someone not making him any money that should be. Yet he had no authority, because he was not Jesus manager, God was. Judas was not gaining much if anything. Judas betrayal beginning at this point for the lust of the eye for money and greed for money had won.
Yes I know I did not do a Easter message this past Easter, There are two Easter messages in the video section. I took two weeks off because I wanted to make sure I could take the time to do Mark side and account of Jesus life on earth one step at a time and not feel to rushed. We will be continuing the road of the cross from Mark's perspective. Hope you enjoy, and God bless you. God honor those who honor's them. This is done in memory of this women is done because She honor Jesus. What we do for Jesus is important, and some will remember those things and share them too, only as testimony of the power of God in others lives to obedience even as simple as anointing for death.