|These videos can be found on Youtube.com under the name turtle30cshell. You can also view on the video page if you know how ot work the You tube video player. God bless you.|
Coming live from turtle30cshell i am your host Christina Farris. Today message is entitled:
The Crossroad Scripture passage is from: Mark 11:1-11 KJV
(1) And when they came nigh to Jerusalem, unto Bethphage and Bethany, at the mount of Olives, he sendeth forth two of his disciples,
(2) And saith unto them, Go your way into the village over against you: and as soon as ye be entered into it, ye shall find a colt tied, whereon never man sat; loose him, and bring him.
(3) And if any man say unto you, Why do ye this? say ye that the Lord hath need of him; and straightway he will send him hither.
(4) And they went their way, and found the colt tied by the door without in a place where two ways met; and they loose him.
(5) And certain of them that stood there said unto them, What do ye, loosing the colt?
(6) And they said unto them even as Jesus had commanded: and they let them go.
(7) And they brought the colt to Jesus, and cast their garments on him; and he sat upon him.
(8) And many spread their garments in the way: and others cut down branches off the trees, and strawed them in the way.
(9) And they that went before, and they that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna; Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord:
(10) Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest.
(11) And Jesus entered into Jerusalem, and into the temple: and when he had looked round about upon all things, and now the eventide was come, he went out unto Bethany with the twelve.
Today, I want to think about the rejoice of Jesus triumphal entry. The word Hosanna means oh saved. Oh saved is the highest they would say. Yet Israel did not understood that Jesus did not come to rule their land in person at this time, but came as the salvation plan of God, a plan built on spiritual salvation for the furture eternity and future salvation to all that followed Christ. in verse ten they thought the kingdom of David was being restore but the kingdom of God was beig restore in the hearts and minds of the people. Despite where the people lived, their hearts still would belong to Jesus.
It interesting to know when the disciples came to get the donkey for Jesus that they came to house at a crossroad. This would be Jesus' beginning decision to follow His Father will as far as task needed to be done before the final days leading to the cross. It took place on Friday of Jewish week and Saturday being the Sabbath the last day of the week. Two would try and stop the donkey from going. Then they found out the disciples Lord had need of it. Peter would try twice to stop Jesus from going to the cross, once with the rebuke of Jesus at the Lord Supper and the second time the cutting off the ear of the soldier in the garden. At any time Jesus could of prevent what was going to take place. Yet here the donkey sits waiting for His Lord to take him down into Jerusalem. Only two men rejected to the taking of donkey. The disciples put their robes on the donkey and others spread them in the road and others took their branch, spreading them out in the road. The disciples of Jesus and the followers began to shout: "Blessed be the kingdom of our Father David that cometh in the name of our Lord. Hosanna to the Highest". This cornonation was unchangeable once done. The people had declare Jesus as King before all of Jerusalem. This alone would of anger Romans, but the Romans did not say a word. It was the religious leaders that would object. Other passage have the religious leaders telling Jesus to quiet his disciples. Jesus does not stop this event in anyway. All these things would lead up to Jesus crucifixion.
It not enough to know who Jesus is in this passage as him being Lord, it is the crossroad that Jesus would come to, to allow his disciple to declare him as Lord. Jesus would face the punishment of their announcement of who He truly was and is still today by the religious and human laws. Jesus is Lord of our hearts, minds and souls to all that believe in Him. He is the salvation for our sins. The crossroad is the road of decisions being made to believe or follow after Jesus. To spread our arms and love Him back. Will you ask him to be Lord today. If the answer is yes, say:
Lord, I will turn from my sin and I ask you to forgive me of all my sins against you. Ask you into my heart today, to teach and guide me in all your ways and be Lord and Savior of my life . In Jesus precious name, Amen. if you prayed this prayer you are now a Christian. If you meant it with the sincerity of your heart.