|These videos can be found on Youtube.com under the name turtle30cshell. You can also view on the video page if you know how ot work the You tube video player. God bless you.|
I am your host Christina Farris coming live from my home turtle30cshell.com.
Today message is entitled:
The Healing of Bartimaeus
Scripture passage today comes from:Mark 10:46-52 KJV
(46) And they came to Jericho: and as he went out of Jericho with his disciples and a great number of people, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the highway side begging.
(47) And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me.
(48) And many charged him that he should hold his peace: but he cried the more a great deal, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me.
(49) And Jesus stood still, and commanded him to be called. And they call the blind man, saying unto him, Be of good comfort, rise; he calleth thee.
(50) And he, casting away his garment, rose, and came to Jesus.
(51) And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight.
(52) And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.One of the chief question of any miracle is what happened to the person after the healing, did they follow Jesus. There only a few accouts of where people followed Jesus. This event is one of them. The man that could not see now made whole followed Jesus. The man that was healed believed that Jesus could heal him, but he could only cry out to Jesus to have mercy on him. He sat cover by robe and as he heard of Jesus passig he began to cry have mercy on me Son of David. Jesus stopped and told the people bring the man to him that called him. The blind man name Bartimaeus toss his garment that cover him and came forward. Jesus ask what can I do for you and all he wanted was his sight back. Jesus tells him his faith has made him whole.
Key factor in this healing was faith. The man knew who Jesus was. How long had he sat hoping to hear Jesus was coming. How many stories had come to his village we do not know. What he know is he believed what he heard and knew Jesus was the Son of David. Did he understand Jesus was the Messiah? That is a mystery that unclear, but he knew that Jesus had power to heal and it was from God.
God is our healer and is the one that is merciful to us through out life in sickness and in health. To be sick and no treatment is the worse news anyone can hear, but imagine not being able to see the face of the person telling you this news. It is the moment of knowing nothing anyone can do. How many doctors would it take for you to realize that only hope would be God. Then what if today be the day of your miracle of God's healing through His Son, by the word of God that can be heard, but not by the word of God unseen. We may not see Jesus in the flesh, but He still remain and holds the power of healing by being the word of God and the Spirit of Prophesy. Do you believe in God's healing power is still with us today. Hope until death, receiving all the blessing God has in store for you upon this earth. Do not give up on a miracle. Yet if the miracle of hope does not come, then pray for the mercy of God to be bestowed on you and that His will be done for your life, for His glory and honor. Healing can take time and some come by miracles but all going to heaven will be healed in paradise.