Coming live from turtle30cshell.com I am your host Christina Farris today is January 22, 2017. Today's message is entitled:|
ExaltToday Passage reading comes from:
Mark 10:35-45 KJV
No one wants to think of dying for their faith. Believers are taught not only the sacrifice of Jesus but also that they could die for their faith. Yet what is not told to people you can die walking out of your house door, or climbing in your car, riding a bus, shopping in a mall, or most anytimes the good Lord decides to take you. Death is sudden and swift, but it comes to those whether they expecting it or not. The sacrificial life is not about dying for someone always, but it is about servanthood. It is about giving up of your time and energy for others. Everyone loves a hero, Jesus is my hero. Is Jesus your hero? The teacher of this world though often loved, is often hated as well. It not funny how actors have to hire body guards to protect them, or our president having to pay secret service to protect him, never knowing if the secret service might be his enemy. Yet even so everyone in the world is a target. If you work you sacrifice precious time to be alone, or with people you desire to be with. Yet with out sacrifice one would never eat, have clothes on their back, or helping their family or someone else in need.
(35) And James and John, the sons of Zebedee, come unto him, saying, Master, we would that thou shouldest do for us whatsoever we shall desire.
(36) And he said unto them, What would ye that I should do for you?
(37) They said unto him, Grant unto us that we may sit, one on thy right hand, and the other on thy left hand, in thy glory.
(38) But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?
(39) And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:
(40) But to sit on my right hand and on my left hand is not mine to give; but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared.
(41) And when the ten heard it, they began to be much displeased with James and John.
(42) But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them.
(43) But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister:
(44) And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all.
(45) For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life as ransom for many.
James and John came with a request to sit beside Jesus in heaven. Jesus response was a person must be willing to first to drink from the cup he drinks from and be baptized with the baptism he is baptized with. Jesus told James and John if you are willing then it is up to my Father. Now Christ cup was one of sacrifice. James would be beheaded for the Gospel sake. John would find himself stranded on the island with visions of the testimony of Jesus. John price paid different then James. Not everyone dies for the cross, but all following Jesus will probably give up something for Jesus. If nothing else you will give up your sin for Jesus.
The simple fact is no one likes anyone to be lord over them. The truth of the matter until you serve you never should be boss. If you never learn to be a servant you never learn to be a king or queen. I rather see a humble servant in the presidents office then someone that only is out for himself and his friends. Because in all truth what makes a good leader is someone that listens, hears and helps all people. Not just individual. What is good for one and should be good for another.
God is teaching through his Son that first servanthood is important, to exalt oneself only leads to the crowd to hate you in the end. People exalt others that do good and care about others. However occasionally people exalt people with a clever tongue that have no passion to serve. The truth is to serve is greater then to rule. To serve you know the effects of what rulers do. Jesus would die because the crowd would exalt him and then turn on him. The seats beside Jesus in heaven was not for him to give out. God the Father has a special place for all his children in heaven. Those who are first will be last and those last first scripture also says. We must consider are we getting in barely because of faith, or are our action speaking whose child we are as we serve others for the sake of Christ.