|Coming Live From Turtle30cshell.com home I am your host Christina Farris. Today Is July 24, 2016. On July 9th in daily devotions I wrote on the Matthew account of the sower and receiving the word of God and how important it was to receive the seed in fertile ground. Today Message is entitled:|
Hearing What The Sower Has To Say
This message of the sower is about hearing the Word of God. Though two different passages are similiar there is something that can be heard in both passages from two different accounts of the story. In todays passage reading comes from:
Mark 4:1-34 KJV
(1) And he began again to teach by the sea side: and there was gathered unto him a great multitude, so that he entered into a ship, and sat in the sea; and the whole multitude was by the sea on the land.
(2) And he taught them many things by parables, and said unto them in his doctrine,
(3) Hearken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow:
(4) And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up.
(5) And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth:
(6) But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away.
(7) And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit.
(8) And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred.
(9) And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
(10) And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable.
(11) And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
(12) That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.
(13) And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?
(14) The sower soweth the word.
(15) And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.
(16) And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;
(17) And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.
(18) And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,
(19) And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.
(20) And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.
(21) And he said unto them, Is a candle brought to be put under a bushel, or under a bed? and not to be set on a candlestick?
(22) For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad.
(23) If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
(24) And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.
(25) For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.
(26) And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground;
(27) And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how.
(28) For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear.
(29) But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come.
(30) And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? or with what comparison shall we compare it?
(31) It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth:
(32) But when it is sown, it groweth up, and becometh greater than all herbs, and shooteth out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it.
(33) And with many such parables spake he the word unto them, as they were able to hear it.
(34) But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.
Something about hearing the sower that convicts the heart. God sows the seed of life and those that listen will begin to grow. If they continue to grow their soil is fertile soil and the Word of God grows into faith. God sows seed that sprouts even in places he did not sow. Some seed that sprout will grow only to be choked out by the receivers and devils of this world. Other seeds will not even sprout because of the type of soil it landed it in.
Jesus spoke about the sower in parables so those that heard and listen would understand by the Spirit of God. It hard to grasp the Spirit of God unless one listens. I know for a fact that God speaks to human heart. If one listen carefully God will give meat for the soul even in places that does not seem possible. God's word is sown even among the heathens but it is hidden from them because they might hear and be healed. Pharaoh heart was harden so the plagues and miracles did not change him to belief. God hardened for a purpose to show his glory and power. Had Pharaoh rejected God for so long that when the plagues of Egypt came that he heard but his own desires were greater to him then the miracles of God he seen by the hand of the prophet Moses.
Even if people have the opportunity to hear and receive there is no sign they will hear, because God is not their sower, and they are produce by devil that twist the word of God, causing the listener to choke on it. Truth there are some people that never change and others given time do change. Without swallowing a pumpkin seed you cannot grow pumpkins from your stomach I hear. Now of course this is old wise tail but it illustrates a good point, unless you swallow the word of God, and you allow what is swallowed to grow within you then you can not produce the things of God and bear fruit of the word of God. Even the devil hears but he only brings forth fruit of his own kind.
What kind of person are you? You have a choice to hear the word of God and do it, or to ignore and live out life your own way. With decisions of this kind it is the moment you realize you do have a choice to receive and follow the word of God. You have the potential of becoming a child of God if you believe His Word. Even the devil believes and terribles. You do not have to be a devil/child of disobedience, you can be one of God's children by spiritual faith in him and learning to obey and listen to his way. No one knows if the person will grow into a huge mustard tree with many branches. The mustard seed faith has the potential to grow with the word of God upon belief on hearing it and swallowing it. Yet until faith becomes action it only a belief. Belief turns into faith with action. Also action turns into faith with belief. Abraham heard the word of God and actions were good, so with belief his faith was activated. Works alone can not save, but even the devil is going spend eternity in hell, and God's children will spend eternity in heaven because of their faith spurred into growth into God's Holy word.