|Jesus Speaks With Authority
I am live from turtle30cshell.com I am your host Christina Farris, it is April 9, 2016. Today scripture reading comes from:
Mark 1:16-39 KJV
(16) Now as he walked by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.
(17) And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men.
(18) And straightway they forsook their nets, and followed him.
(19) And when he had gone a little further thence, he saw James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, who also were in the ship mending their nets.
(20) And straightway he called them: and they left their father Zebedee in the ship with the hired servants, and went after him.
(21) And they went into Capernaum; and straightway on the sabbath day he entered into the synagogue, and taught.
(22) And they were astonished at his doctrine: for he taught them as one that had authority, and not as the scribes.
(23) And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out,
(24) Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.
(25) And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him.
(26) And when the unclean spirit had torn him, and cried with a loud voice, he came out of him.
(27) And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? for with authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him.
(28) And immediately his fame spread abroad throughout all the region round about Galilee.
(29) And forthwith, when they were come out of the synagogue, they entered into the house of Simon and Andrew, with James and John.
(30) But Simon's wife's mother lay sick of a fever, and anon they tell him of her.
(31) And he came and took her by the hand, and lifted her up; and immediately the fever left her, and she ministered unto them.
(32) And at even, when the sun did set, they brought unto him all that were diseased, and them that were possessed with devils.
(33) And all the city was gathered together at the door.
(34) And he healed many that were sick of divers diseases, and cast out many devils; and suffered not the devils to speak, because they knew him.
(35) And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.
(36) And Simon and they that were with him followed after him.
(37) And when they had found him, they said unto him, All men seek for thee.
(38) And he said unto them, Let us go into the next towns, that I may preach there also: for therefore came I forth.
(39) And he preached in their synagogues throughout all Galilee, and cast out devils.
Jesus' miracles were so quickly wide known, because of the instant effect and drama of the events. Jesus first called a few men to follow him in preparation of his work ahead among the people of the land of Israel and surrounding areas. When one thinks of demon possession today one might think of a man in court facing a crime because of rebellious attitude. No sooner has the judge given a behavioral lecture that the person is then off with a warning only to go out and do another crime. A judge may of given a good lecture, but the lecture is short lived without the criminal being willing to follow the judge's instruction. Those possessed by demons were instantly change and the people around them knew they were once possessed by demons and not healed. It was that demon leaving the person and that instant change the wowed the crowd. Yes anyone can put on an act for a minute, but it is the continual change in a person that convinces the world of a miracle of exorcism.
The demonaic man stood up and call out you come to destroy us, speaking to Jesus. Hold thy peace and come out of him, Jesus said to the demon. He spoke with authority that even devils had to shut up and obey. The authority of Jesus was not as a scribe but a priest or ruler in the temple. He did not speak as a teacher who would of been also learning too, but with authority of Priest or religious leaders. The difference with teacher and a priest is the authority one has over scripture. One will see the difference in the authority of teachers and preachers in churches. One with large amount of scriptural knowledge and one with little knowledge but is learning and teaching as they go. Jesus had not been a speaker long in fact this was his first message recorded in Mark. One has to ask did Jesus ministry start with a wow of who his this man? Yet the only question of his authority came from the angels of darkness first and then the crowd.
Instant change came over the man possessed by a demon. The crowd took notice and spread the word everywhere. Jesus received the seal or approval of the Holy Spirit of God in
(10) And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:
(11) And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
What's the difference in a demonaic possessed person and one approved, anointed filled and baptized by the Holy Spirit with the Holy Spirit. One possessed by evil spirit has no control over his own body. When the demon left the man he began to thrash about. The demon was trying to hold on to his house of the human's body he had taken for his possession. Jesus was not possessed by demon. His Spirit was God, for He was and is the Word of God. The demon knew this. Knew that God's spirit was in the house of human flesh. The Holy Spirit is like rain, having many drops of water or sparks of fire, but only one Spirit. It is all the same. The Spirit of Jesus that lives in us communing with our spirit and is the Son of God in Heaven, the Holy Spirit. God the Father/Jehovah and Jesus sit on throne together, both having walked with man as a being. Jehovah in heaven walked in the garden with Adam and Eve. The Son walked the earth with those in Israel and surrounding areas in the flesh, born of virgin, as a passenger of a ship, waiting to be born into the world. Sound like stuff ufo stories are made does it not. Yet there is only one Savior, one God that was born in the flesh on earth, and his name is Jesus. Vision of man in the flesh and seen in human flesh at the time of Abraham who walked with God/Jehovah discussing Sodom and Gomorrah. Abraham was trying perhaps to save his Nephew Lot and any of his family or friends that might be there. For God had declare destruction on Sodom and Gomorrah. He only had hope that Lot was a believer and not a heathen like those of that city. God destroys he comes to destroy the devils of this world. He can change a man by casting a devil out, or he can destroy a man by taking a man's life.
Hilter one of the biggest devils of our time, went forth convincing man of a bettter way of life by following and destroying Jews, and he also believed in ethnic cleansing, and also the disabled. A better economy and nation was spoken about. Yet this was not better, but destruction of religious freedom and also people that Hilter and all that followed him hated. Jesus came to change lives and not to destroy them. The devil in our scripture reading, seen his reign coming to end. The devil recognized the authority of Jesus and he stood up to argue with Jesus. Jesus say hold your peace and come out. Taking the authority of demon over the man out of his life.
Christ Jesus healing will come to all that receive the teaching of Jesus. The freedom from the law of the land. Why because God's authority is far superior then our laws. It is a life style of living justly before your fellow man and sometimes sacrificial living to help another. The type of authority people want in their life is the law of love. Sometime in life everyone will break a law man sets up.
Jesus went to Peter's house only to find his mother in law sick with a fever. Jesus commanded her to rise up and the fever left her. I can imagine this scenerio of a woman rising even in her illness to wait on family and friends. This seems not like a miracle until you hear the word began to spread to neighbors and friends that his mother in law was healed. Jesus was a good teacher/preacher, a healer and one with authority over devils. Jesus excited the crowd and they went wild for Jesus. Wild used in a good sense. They fell in love with this new teacher and word spread like wild fire.
The reality of miracle must come with proof of healing. When I got healed I took no more pain medication, with my healing came no more stumbling or complaining of pain and I no longer needed a cane for support. God healing was a miracle, and a miracle of God is going to be obvious to those around you. Some expect certain things with a miracle. Yet not all miracles enable a person completely to do all things people think they should be able to do. When God healed me he did a miracle in my life that needed removing. I was headed toward an abuse of pain medication and eventually death by medication, if something else did not kill me. I believe in miracles because I have had so many in my life and I am waiting for a few more. When God does these things I will either be in heaven or the world around me will know the power of God. Jesus authority came from God the Father above. The authority given because of who He is. The authority to heal and to exorcise demons. The devil has no power but what God gives to him. Devils have only the power over us that we allow in our life. Obey the the laws of the land no worries of the demons of man following you, but the spiritual demons will follow if you give them an inch. Resist temptation and devil will flee, obey God and the devil have no place to rest. Tell them to leave and they cannot remain by the power an authority of Jesus name. Remember when the seventy were sent out some demons did not leave without fasting and prayer, yet Jesus cast out the demon of the boy who kept falling in the fire.
The power of tossing out the devil is not something to play with for entertainment but something to use when the power of God is upon you for healing of a lost soul needing healing who are torment by demon of destruction out of their life. One can help anyone in pain of life misery, by providing shelter, food and clothing. Some behaviors can be fixed by a good reprimand and other things can only be changed by the power of Jesus. The believer has the authority to pray in the name of Jesus to cast out demons. How precious is that name of Jesus. How precious is it that our Savior walked this earth demonstrating his authority and power in the life of those around him to heal and deliver from evil spirits. Some would say the man sitting in the temple, where Jesus was teaching, was acting in his right mind until he spoke out against Jesus by claiming he came to destroy them.
A person that can draw a crowd can seem like a person that can destroy with his speech. Yet a person that gets no attention has no authority or power in the world around them but over themselves. As election season arises, we see politicians arising to desire to be voted on. People with free speech and power to draw a crowd, even using mocking techniques of barking like a dog to mock the competition. The other one drawing a crowd of the rebel risers who have no thought but to throw a punch to solve an issue of disagreement. We all get mad from time to time. Yet what does the punch solve, sometimes it does work, yet in most situations it not a solution. Consider today your own reaction to things. Sometimes quiet speech works and other times one has to draw attention and a crowd. What the problem, and what the issue that one is trying to solve. Jesus wants to solve the problems of our world not with anger or hate but love. He has a day of judgment for Jesus does hate his enemies, but not the people controlled by devil. Jesus loves all people and wants to bring healing to all. Are you willing to try Jesus way of loving others by helping bring healing through your actions and prayers. Consider obeying Jesus today. His way is best. God wants to baptize you with His spirit to enable you to walk in His ways,the way of God. Someone running the isle might be doing it out of joy and emotion can be disturbing unless it is the way of the people that show joy in the Lord by emotional action. If you only relate your emotional action in church to the Spirit of God that causes one to react in emotion you will never know the tranquilty of walking daily with the Lord. It is separating these things to know the power of God in your own life. That it not just the emotion, but that daily walking getting to know the Savior Jesus Christ who saved you from your sins and desires you to walk in his ways. God Bless from http://www.turtle30cshell.com