|The Resurrection To Come|
By Christina Farris 3/26/2016
Good morning this is coming live from Turtle30c home, talking about the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as well as the resurrection to come. My first sermon was over a week ago from being away from my microphone for two years, but not my computer. Let us read the passage of scripture that is for today's reading of what is to come and speaks of similiar passed events.Revelation 11:1-14
(1) And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
(2) But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
(3) And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
(4) These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
(5) And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
(6) These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
(7) And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
(8) And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
(9) And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
(10) And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
(11) And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
(12) And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
(13) And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
(14) The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.
There were two witness that raised from the dead at the time of Christ. Yet this is not the two witness in Revelations that rise from the dead but are two that is to come. Why make mention of two more rising from the dead in the place of Christ died for our sins? If nothing more but to testify that there is much more to happen before the end of time. If nothing more to tell the story of the testimony God and His Son. The testimony of the Holy Spirit working in His people. The Holy Spirit poured out on the church. Two witness would be left in the city streets. If one thinks on these things, one can not image three whole days of being left in the streets where people would literally walk by and not do a thing. Yet for all to see and no one do anything the power of God must of caused this or there was something else going on. The earthquake would follow afterwards, and these two dead would rise up and ascend into heaven with all that seen testified of the event.
The two witness that rose at time of Christ were first the bride of God that had gone before Christ death and Christ himself. The resurrection of Jesus could not be a reality unless his body was fully dead for a time period. His body clearly pronounced and clearly seen by the priesthood when the body was laid in the tomb of Joseph of Arimathaea. An earthquake announced the resurrected Lord on that Sunday morning. Once again there is still two dead witness to come who will wait to be resurrected. It be like seeing a disaster and walking over the bodies of the dead, not moving them like in a time of a disaster only to one day see these bodies rise up and go up into heaven. If people witness this event, most would probably call people insane, for they would not believe the story, especially in our modern world. Yet the earthquake does not come until after the resurrection and the earthquake announces judgment on part of the world and this sign of the two that testify will be a sign of judgment to come.
Yet with knowing the resurrection of Jesus has taken place and the bride of God is the grave before him, then how can one deny the resurrection to come or the resurrection of the dead that will face eternal judgment. Either a person is a believer or is not. The choice of belief is for the individual. However the city outside where the two witness that testify in a place like Sodom and Gomorrah. Place of sin, a place outside Jerusalem walls the place of Christ death and resurrection.
Our minds can only think of what is to come in regards to what might be and is. We can not deny the power of the Spirit or the testimony of things to come to the believer. Yet to deny is to say God power is not with us today. God testimony to believer is no longer real. If one denies then one is either at a place of unbelief, or a place of still learning. For who understood all of scripture in day. Keep reading God's word whether you read my site or not. It matters not. For God's Spirit that I listen to is the Spirit of God for in all believers who strive for unity of peace and truth about God, His Son, the Holy Spirit and what is to come. Why is Israel such a focal point because of events not yet come to the world.
Time in a half and time again the Lord will speak to the church and to individual heart of what He will and will not do, but always about the things that will come according to His will and purpose for our life. May God's Spirit direct you in all truth as we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus and the resurrection and judgment to come. May God bless you and keep you from turtle30cshell.com your host Christina Farris.