|Today is 12/04/2016|
I am your host Christina Farris coming live from turtle30cshell.com. Today message is entitle:
God's Will Be Done
Today scripture reading comes from:
Mark 9:14-34 KJV
Your power or God's power to heal needs to be determind. Even if you willing to fast for the healing or deliverance of someone, will it mean God will deliver. Must be careful what Jesus is truly demonstrated in the story of the boy possessed by demons. Jesus is demonstrating his power and authority over a situation in this young boy life. Jesus power had to do with whether the father believed that his boy could be healed. First stumbling stone was could the father receive what God could do. How many people will not to allow their children to change and only see what they did yesterday, as something they will do again. We must believe first people can change. Change must come by the power of God and it can not come by human power. Our human instinct is this boy either needs mental drugs, or discipline to get his behavior under control. Jesus took authority over the demon that plagued this boy and cast it out. Yet the father of the boy had to come to a place he realize he needed faith and admitting to his unbelief. The boy Father then cried out help my unbelief. If we do not believe in Jesus' ability to heal, one can not accept the authority given to Jesus by God to heal the sick, does that mean one will be healed? The answer is no. The disciples knew this boy could be healed and yet no healing would take place by their laying on of hands. The father did not have faith, but it not what caused the disciples to not be able to see healing. The disciples could not heal because of a lack of fasting and prayer. Something crucial here it takes fasting and prayer for someone to pray for the healing of some people. It not by their power but the power of God a person is healed. Yet one needs to be prayed up and starved up to understand the power of God to do the impossible. In our weakness God is strong. It not by our power but the power of Jesus name. Yet then if I prayed up fasted up and no healing occurs, what then is it unbelief. If you are prayed up God may have let you know the answer. God can allow you to know the reason someone is not being healed. One does not need to know anything but God is able. Yet to keep from getting a big head, one needs to submit to the power and authority of God. It more then just saying I am all yours. It the submission of attitude of thought, belief, changing doubt into faith by the ability of God. It more then knowing God can, but allowing God to do what best for someone even if not to be healed by you asking.
(14) And when he came to his disciples, he saw a great multitude about them, and the scribes questioning with them.
(15) And straightway all the people, when they beheld him, were greatly amazed, and running to him saluted him.
(16) And he asked the scribes, What question ye with them?
(17) And one of the multitude answered and said, Master, I have brought unto thee my son, which hath a dumb spirit;
(18) And wheresoever he taketh him, he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not.
(19) He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me.
(20) And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.
(21) And he asked his father, How long is it ago since this came unto him? And he said, Of a child.
(22) And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us.
(23) Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
(24) And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
(25) When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.
(26) And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.
(27) But Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose.
(28) And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out?
(29) And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.
(30) And they departed thence, and passed through Galilee; and he would not that any man should know it.
(31) For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day.
(32) But they understood not that saying, and were afraid to ask him.
(33) And he came to Capernaum: and being in the house he asked them, What was it that ye disputed among yourselves by the way?
(34) But they held their peace: for by the way they had disputed among themselves, who should be the greatest.
If God allows someone to loose an arm or a leg was there not enough prayer and fasting, not necessarily. Because in our weakness, God's Spirit enables us to do more then what we thought possible. We can not allow the devil to use what he will against us as a child of faith in Jesus. The devil will use any tacted of how come healing did not occur. It is never God's will for someone to be injured. Yet God does not stop people from becoming injured. What He does is take them through the injury or he brings healing of the injury. The man born blind in John 9 was blind for over fifty years from birth when Jesus healed him, it was his time to be healed. Sometimes the prayer line seems really long, and other times it not long enough. Yet Jesus is waiting for you to go down the aisle to where He is so you can be healed. Not the pastor that gives healing but the Almighty above. It God's time table, not ours, not by the hand of the disciples either.
Faith in Jesus is more then seeing his disciples obeying him, but recognizing God's authority to deliver. Who healed you someone might ask me, and I going to tell them God and then I will tell how God healed me from pain that had no end. Fasting brings you into submission to God's will and prayer causes communication with God. Most have little time for both even in ministry. Sounds awful. People get stuck on their ability to make change and fail to allow God to make changes. It becomes a ministry of their ability and not God's authority or ability. Take prayer out of ministry and you have someone walking around in their own power acting like the devil that fell from heaven. See Satan thought he had all power because he was chief of angels. He fell when he tried to exalt himself over God's law. The Serpent was cast from heaven after tempting Eve to obey him and not God. To obey God is greater because we learn to walk by the Spirit and power of God, so we do not fall. When we pray for someone in Jesus name, we asking God to heal. Yet when it fails and people want to know why they are not healed, what are you going to say, "it is not my will, but God's will and timing be done in your life. His timetable is not always ours. His way and will be done and not ours. Can we be truthful we have no control over God's will. Yet it is God's will for all to be healed, but it in his healing line. People do not look for a minister to be the healer but look to God to be your healer. Say Lord help my unbelief and teach me to fast, pray and seek you. Teach me your ways and will today. In Jesus precious name, Amen.