|Today is 11/20/2016|
I am your host Christina Farris coming live from turtle30cshell.com. Today message is entitle:
Let Your Light Shine
Today scripture reading comes from:
Mark 9:1-13 KJV
Jesus garment is as white as snow in this passage as He went up into high mountain. His garment became so white, that the fuller soap used could not make this garment this white. The garment was shining. The garment so shinny that the appearance of Elias and Moses caused Peter and John to wonder if they should be a witness of this event. To be in the present of those that passed before into heaven, along with the Christ whose appearance was like the time of Moses when he had to put a vail over his face before speaking to the people. Peter suggested to build tabernacles/tents for each of them. The tabernacles to hide their glory from him and John. They were so afraid of Jesus or the word revere might be used for this situation, is perhaps be a better word. After all they been with Jesus many times, but this time, Jesus appear in the appearance of holiness and not has a mere mortal man. The idea of covering the holiess comes from time of Moses. People being in fear of him to the point they did not want to see his face. Yet Moses was just a mere mortal who spoke with God. God's people speak with God, they are not God but they commune with God. Can God not visit His people and talk with them through visions, through physical contact, as strangers like in the time of Abraham or fully known like Moses, or appear in a fire like the fourth man in the fire in the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. This appearance of two ministers with Jesus; Jesus, being more then just the Son of God is apparent. Yet that would be looking at the story with knowledge and Peter and John would be looking at the story as it happened and their reaction. John and Peter reaction to push away. Then God spoke and said this is my Son whom I am will pleased. Almost saying this is my Son do not reject Him, do not hide Him in a tabernacle. Do not hide my messenger away. Jesus is clear to tell no one until he risen.
(1) And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.
(2) And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them.
(3) And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.
(4) And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus.
(5) And Peter answered and said to Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
(6) For he wist not what to say; for they were sore afraid.
(7) And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.
(8) And suddenly, when they had looked round about, they saw no man any more, save Jesus only with themselves.
(9) And as they came down from the mountain, he charged them that they should tell no man what things they had seen, till the Son of man were risen from the dead.
(10) And they kept that saying with themselves, questioning one with another what the rising from the dead should mean.
(11) And they asked him, saying, Why say the scribes that Elias must first come?
(12) And he answered and told them, Elias verily cometh first, and restoreth all things; and how it is written of the Son of man, that he must suffer many things, and be set at nought.
(13) But I say unto you, That Elias is indeed come, and they have done unto him whatsoever they listed, as it is written of him.
Are we hiding Jesus in a box? Are we hiding Jesus in a book? Are we hiding Jesus under a bush? Are we hiding Jesus in our hearts and minds? Are we hiding Jesus where no one can see the power of salvation. There are those that preach on the streets salvation. There are those that preach and teach right where they work. Some listen and some ignore. Jesus be risen so let us not hide him under the bed, or in a closet, or in a tent. Let Jesus shine forth today. He is God's Son Whom He well please, for He was and is obedient to God. Moses gave the law of God and allowed it to shine forth in obedience to God. Elijah came in the form of John the Baptist to draw all men's hearts back to God. In:Luke 1:16-17 KJV
(16) And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.
(17) And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.
This passage is speaking of John the Baptist before he is born to Elizabeth and Zacharias. John the Baptist was Elias in the Greek name and was the Hebrew name for Elijah. Elijah had depart into heaven and must return is what would be told. John the Baptist was the forerunner of Christ and filled with the Holy Spirit. A prophet filled as in the days of old like Elijah. John the baptist filled from his mother womb and his life was to honor the Lord. His life prechosen for a purpose. A purpose John had no choice in. A choice in general given to man. This one man not given a choice, but serving God to draw all men back to the Lord. He would prepare the people for the Messiah coming. Part of the baptism of the Holy Spirit is to share the message of Jesus with others. Yet there are those that never open their mouth about Jesus that claim to believe. Is God dead in these people's hearts of course not, they are just asleep on the pew because no one never shared with them the full Gospel of Jesus or taught them as Christ did his disciples for a few years.
Find a way to share Jesus today. Do not hide him in a box. Do not hide him on a shelf, Do not hide him in house, do not hide him away in your heart and mind never to tell a living soul about the Savior who died for you and me. Ask Jesus to help you find the way to share the love of Jesus and to teach you to share His word.