|Holding to the Word of Life
Philippians 2:12-18 KJV
(12) Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now
much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
(13) For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
(14) Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
(15) That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of
a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
(16) Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in
vain, neither laboured in vain.
(17) Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with
(18) For the same cause also do ye joy, and rejoice with me.
A little fox sits on the edge of the woods looking idly as trucks and cars and people pass,
wondering if he dare try and cross the road, for he yearns to see the other side. Then he spies
his friend curious with life he was dead on the other side of the road. A huge truck with a
garbage compacter on it stops and picks up his friend. No clue where they taking him but
realizing he can not go with him. Darting back to His den he looks about and see the comfort of
home and the comfort of the woods where he grew up and learned to play. He sticks his nose
in the air and howls a lonely cry only to be heard by the birds in the trees and the mice running
by. Soon he hears another cry of the wild some distance off and goes and sees who it might
be. It is a fox looking for his friend. Soon message is carried there friend has been taken on
the truck. All agree it safer to stay in the woods. Nothing would harm them there.
Much like it is in life we can take comfort in a place of safety that God has put around us or we
can dart on unnatural path of dark gray pavement in hopes not to find our fait is only death.
Much like the race with Christ we choose where and how we run with the gospel. However we
can stay with in the Word or we can run outside the word to spread the gospel. The Word of
life can not be breath outside the coloring lines. The Word of life is a straight an narrow path
but easily run upon. It is a path of narrow simplicity of straight truth. We all make a choice how
we run the race of life and the race toward our eternal fait, whether it be heaven or hell. What
is your choice today?
Dear Heavenly Father thank you for your grace and mercy. Help us to stay in the lines in the
coloring book of the Word of life and not to go outside the lines. Help us to run with our
salvation toward the mark to be with you. In Jesus precious name, Amen.