Right to Life
by Christina Farris not for sale or copy
When people are choosing there battle ground to right to life or pro abortion the issue seem unclear or very clear depending on
which side of the line you are sitting on. If you ever been raped, health issue during pregnancy, or had a miscarriage the issue is a
perhaps a little vague. Woman say they have the right to own their own body even at the time conception begins for life growing
inside theirs. Some argue for choice based on rape, or illness, and others say what did that life inside you do to earn termination.
Life begins at conception. Scripture even speaks of it beginning even before conception. What science declares is man determines
the sex of a child. Yet God declares a priesthood through the Jewish people that is both Spiritual and flesh meaning by birth. God
determines a priesthood by faith. For Moses was not yet known but known unto Melchisedec that there would be a Levitical tribe.
Take a look at these scripture. Melchisedec a priest of God and not of the family of Abraham.
Jeremiah 1:5 KJV
(5) Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained
thee a prophet unto the nations.
Genesis 35:10-12 KJV
(10) And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he
called his name Israel.
(11) And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and
kings shall come out of thy loins;
(12) And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee I will give it, and to thy seed after thee will I give the land.
Hebrews 7:10-17 KJV
(10) For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.
(11) If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was
there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
(12) For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
(13) For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.
(14) For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
(15) And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
(16) Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
(17) For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
At what point is sperm and egg becoming life before or at conception. Life begins with each cell and each cell producing into life.
God says he formed thee in your mother’s womb.
Isaiah 44:24 KJV
(24) Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that
stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
Job 31:15 KJV
(15) Did not he that made me in the womb make him? and did not one fashion us in the womb?
Job 10:8-12 KJV
(8) Thine hands have made me and fashioned me together round about; yet thou dost destroy me.
(9) Remember, I beseech thee, that thou hast made me as the clay; and wilt thou bring me into dust again?
(10) Hast thou not poured me out as milk, and curdled me like cheese?
(11) Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews.
(12) Thou hast granted me life and favour, and thy visitation hath preserved my spirit.
Psalms 139:11-16 KJV
(11) If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
(12) Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
(13) For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
(14) I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
(15) My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
(16) Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance
were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
What often hard is defining life and the right to life and the right to a woman to get rid of a memory of a wicked crime against her
body. It is after all just as wrong to kill as it is to be abused by a terrible crime of rape. Yet conception is known to happen when a
woman is raped. And with this comes the terrible fact that women have to deal with this issue not just before but long time after a
crime is committed. No matter what a child is a blessing. A blessing but perhaps a curse to a rape victim that must look into the
child eyes to only see their rapist. Should the mother give the child away in hopes not to remember the horror of an act of rape.
Should they be forced to at least have the child and give the child life. If life is all a mother is mentally capable of giving to a child; is
that a blessing to the child and an adoptive parent or does that child that is born out of rape genetic carry that offenders negative
genes. Can those traits of destruction be changed in a child or should that factor never be a concern?
The burden woman have had to carry for years in the issue of rape is a terrible one. Should they have the right to end a life in this
issue. God said do not kill. Yet is killing a one day zygote murder. According to scripture life began even before conception. Do
woman have a right to determine the destruction of life that God has blessed them with in the act of a terrible crime? Do doctors
have a right to tell a woman it okay to kill in these issues.
I always thought perhaps abortion was okay, if taken care of the day of the rape. Yet now with scripture reflection I have to ask,
does a woman have a right to make her own choice on the day of rape. The truth is woman have been choosing long before
abortion clinics were around. Whether there are hospitals that perform the procedures or not, Woman will go to back alley
doctors. Some dying due to these procedures done to rid their bodies of a baby. Women rather take the chance of death over
dealing with the shame as well as dealing with the blame of rape.
Until one is free of blaming themselves from a criminal rape, one will never be free from the issues surrounding rape. As long as men
look at women at property and possessions the issue of rape will be hidden and a cursed is bestowed to even those infants born
out of rape.
Though we live in 2012 and there are protection for woman and woman rights things are stilled covered because of shame and lack
of education. Women rape is never your fault, though men would like to blame you. Neither is conception from rape your fault.
However, how you deal with that life growing in you and what you do being your choice are issues no one but you and God can
answer for yourself. A woman of no faith or no knowledge of God’s view on life might not understand why abortion is wrong.
Woman who have aborted needs to know God loves them. God cares for them despite their choice. The idea of a religious zealots
bashing woman because of the choice needs to end, because these woman know not God or have the knowledge of our faith.
Instead education of who God is and compassion must be shown. Compassion not picket line. Maybe providing the information of
the facts. People will either reject or embrace it. After that it no longer your responsibility or is it.
Is it our responsibility to prevent another from having an abortions. Is it our responsibility to force another not to terminate life. One
has to ask these hard issues. What about abortion in the issue of illness. Can life not be preserved? Do we as citizen have a right to
interfere beyond giving facts to a woman of terminal illness in the since of unborn child. Should a woman look at all the facts with
the same availability of medicine being for all woman, yet is often still based on what you can afford. Money can buy many things
but can not determine when a person will die or not die.
The issues of illnesses, and the issues of rape are still unanswered? Woman might have a belief system but faced with these issues
on a personal level, woman struggle. It should not even be issue but with knowledge comes choice. A choice that God says he
knew you in your father’s loins, or a choice that says I believe not get rid of this thing that is beginning inside me. One can either
make lemonade or one can continue to produce sour lemons and toss them because they are not edible to them. Fact is woman
need that compassion not the hate. There infant needs to know about the blessings of being created even under horrible
circumstances. Putting a child up for adoption to rid oneself of a memory of rape, should not be thought of as a crime, but a
blessing to another. A woman not able to deal with any of these issues after a crime should never be belittled. Issues of life and
abortion because of rape needs to be a decision made prior to an event, long before the event, why so that one does not have to
consider what they will do, but know what they will do before an event happens, based on convictions of faith. However, in reality
we hope that a rape will never occur, just like we hope our house will never catch fire, but have a fire escape plan.
Some perhaps think I walking a fine line and perhaps I am. How many never think on the issue of the victim or victims. The child
never ask to be brought into the world this way. Unfortunately in society a child of rape or incest is often marked. It should not be.
Yet they are. Defined by society before birth of what he perhaps will be. Which is crueler life or death. In truth one would have to
ask the child. Choice of life should never be a punishment from religious fanatics or from society. It should be thought as a blessing,
a chance to grow in hopes of not being a sour lemon or a rotten piece of fruit. Our society thinking of these precious souls need to
change so they can produce in a positive surrounding and not a negative one. The hate must end. So must I with this rant provoked
by our media.