|Gardening In The House|
by Christina Farris 4/01/2017Spending time in the dirt inside working on getting plants ready for May planting. Yes my garden season is late to other areas of my state. It is something living in the mountains I have failed to get use too. Bad gardens some years due to poor planning and good gardens other years because of God's grace I think. Gardening is not an every year project, it always depended on my health and determination to put one out. This is the year I decided to try once more for a big garden and hope for not to much rain or too little rain, but just right for the garden.
As I planned my spring cooler plants season for planting I trying to figure how I landed up in a small house room enough for hundred containers for seeds in the kitchen. Then I begin to think about God's family there is always room for one more. Even when the seeds are not growing yet, there is always room for one more. If your church is empty do not fret there is always room for more. If it overcrowded, bring someone else, there always room for few more.
|Cleaning Up God's World|
by Christina Farris 4/1/2015Earth Day is a time to reflect on God's cleansing process of fire, flood, and storms of all kinds, to simple taking care of our of earth. God commanded us to take care of the world and all the animals. Are we doing just that. Are we taking Care of God's beauty.Genesis 1:27-31 KJV
(27) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
(28) And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
(29) And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
(30) And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
(31) And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
|Thoughts For Today:|
by Christina Farris 4/1/2015Count Your BlessingsApril is the month of fresh rain. April showers are said to bring forth May flowers. Yet I am also reminded of the song Showers of blessings. How many blessing can you count. How many blessings can you name one by one. The simple fact is the blessing of God begins with God's grace for each of us. God's love for each one of us. God's mercy for each one of us. As we celebrate Easter the first of the month let us thank God for our blessings begining with our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ.
Hardest time to thank God for blessings is going through a crisis, but with each hardship, comes its own blessings. If one can learn to see the blessings in hardship, one can find strength of God through the journey of life.
by Christina Farris 4/03/2015What is Easter/Resurrection Day. Everyone loves bunnies, and chickens. Everyone loves the idea of celebration of new life. Recently an uncle died and his daughter had picture of a new baby lying in her arms on facebook. A symbol of the next generation coming along, as well as new life entering this world.With death comes life. Not necessarily, but we know if a tree has a seed and it becomes covered with earth, eventually a new sampling will appear in time. The seed though dead, but with nutritance from the ground and water it comes alive.
Christ came up from the grave. A symbol not only victory over the grave, but the life of the word of God that springs forth when covered for a time. If we are baptized in Christ burial we will be resurrected with Him in life. If we bury our sins with Christ upon belief, then the hope of victory beyond the grave is reality, through Christ resurrection of hope to all that believe.
Easter has become a global tradition of faith, but it represents more then one faith. Pagans celebrate new birth without Jesus, the ritual of pagan origins comes from the belief in the goddess of fertility or old Babylon Astrothe. As a Christian merged into the pagan world they changed the pagan celebration to mean new life and rebirth through Christ Jesus, something that was already celebrated among Christian people. Symbolism of fertility is celebration of spring as well. Nothing wrong with celebration of new life, but let us hold to the tradition of what it means for the believers in Christ. Up from the grave Christ arose to newness of life from the grave that is to come for those that are not raptured to meet Jesus before their death.
May you have a blessed Easter/Resurrection Day. Management Christina Farris
group together by Christina Farris 4/1/2015
King Saul First king to admit he was a fool for chasing David for David saw King Saul as precious in his eyes. David chose not to kill king Saul
.1 Samuel 26:21-22 KJV
(21) Then said Saul, I have sinned: return, my son David: for I will no more do thee harm, because my soul was precious in thine eyes this day: behold, I have played the fool, and have erred exceedingly.
(22) And David answered and said, Behold the king's spear! and let one of the young men come over and fetch it.A Deceivers Death
Act of deception to deceive was Abner. Joab took him to gate and killed him.2 Samuel 3:33-34 KJV
(33) And the king lamented over Abner, and said, Died Abner as a fool dieth?
(34) Thy hands were not bound, nor thy feet put into fetters: as a man falleth before wicked men, so fellest thou. And all the people wept again over him
.Say There is No God
Some to ignore such a great Salvation given by God by simpling believing in His Salvation is consider a fool.
Psalms 14:1 KJV
(1) To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.Leaves An Inheritance
Money is a necessary evil, but those that hoard to never share, never learn to love another. The greatest gift being love. Psalms 49:10 KJV
(10) For he seeth that wise men die, likewise the fool and the brutish person perish, and leave their wealth to others.Because One Thinks They are God
The one that thinks there no God fines they have sinned too. Psalms 53:1 KJV
(1) To the chief Musician upon Mahalath, Maschil, A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.No Knowledge of God
The depth of God’s knowledge is not understood by unbeliever, do not be deceived into thinking he will understand the depth of God.Psalms 92:5-6 KJV
(5) O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.
(6) A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this.Trapped Man
Man is trapped as a dog to a food bowl or the addiction of chocolate or alcohol. Man is trapped by women is consider a fool if he only allured by her enticement. Proverbs 7:22 KJV
(22) He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks;Disobedience
Price of disobedience has it own reward/punishment. A wink Proverbs 10:8 KJV
(8) The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating fool shall fall.
Proverbs 10:10 KJV
Liar is called a fool.Proverbs 10:18 KJV
(18) He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.Servant To Wisdom
Fool serves a wise heart. His inheritance is slavery to another because he causes trouble. Kind of a like criminal that steals from his home to only land up in jail.Proverbs 11:29 KJV
(29) He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool shall be servant to the wise of heart.Anger of Fool Is Known
Does Not Seek Godly Counsel
A fool does not seek Godly counsel, but the counsel of wicked or his own.Proverbs 12:15 KJV
(15) The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.It is better to hold your anger in front of the world, and cover it behind closed doors.Proverbs 12:16 KJV
(16) A fool's wrath is presently known: but a prudent man covereth shame.
Proverbs 14:16-17 KJV
Proverbs 27:3 KJV
Fool is often made fun of for his errors that are laid out before the world.Proverbs 13:16 KJV
(16) Every prudent man dealeth with knowledge: but a fool layeth open his folly.Depiser of Parental Instruction
Only time counsel of a parent is wrong is if it is not godly counsel. Proverbs 15:5 KJV
(5) A fool despiseth his father's instruction: but he that regardeth reproof is prudent.Just saying something to a wise person is all that is needed for correction. A fool learns by other means of correction.Proverbs 17:10 KJV
(10) A reproof entereth more into a wise man than an hundred stripes into a fool. Meeting A Bear
No one wants to meet a bear not even a man. But better a man then a fool who’s first reaction might be his last. Proverbs 17:12 KJV
(12) Let a bear robbed of her whelps meet a man, rather than a fool in his folly.Waste of Knowledge
It cost a man time and money who has to gain knowledge at a price. Yet it is a waste to those that have no heart to learn it.Proverbs 17:16 KJV
(16) Wherefore is there a price in the hand of a fool to get wisdom, seeing he hath no heart to it?
Proverbs 28:26 KJV
Proverbs 29:11 KJV
Proverbs 29:20 KJV
(2) A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.Fool Should Shut His MouthProverbs 18:6-7 KJV
(6) A fool's lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for strokes.
(7) A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.
Proverbs 19:1 KJV
Proverbs 23:9 KJV
Proverbs 24:7 KJV
Ecclesiastes 5:2-3 KJV
Wealth is not for foolish man, neither should he rule.Proverbs 19:10 KJV
(10) Delight is not seemly for a fool; much less for a servant to have rule over princes.
Ecclesiastes 2:14-15 KJV
(3) It is an honour for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling.Two Things Do Not MeshProverbs 26:1 KJV (1) As snow in summer, and as rain in harvest, so honour is not seemly for a fool.Type of Summary
If you could conclude what Proverbs said about Fools this would be the chapter.Proverbs 26:1-12 KJV
(1) As snow in summer, and as rain in harvest, so honour is not seemly for a fool.
(2) As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come.
(3) A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back.
(4) Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
(5) Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
(6) He that sendeth a message by the hand of a fool cutteth off the feet, and drinketh damage.
(7) The legs of the lame are not equal: so is a parable in the mouth of fools.
(8) As he that bindeth a stone in a sling, so is he that giveth honour to a fool.
(9) As a thorn goeth up into the hand of a drunkard, so is a parable in the mouth of fools.
(10) The great God that formed all things both rewardeth the fool, and rewardeth transgressors.
(11) As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.
12) Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.A Fool eats even the very think that is used for employmentEcclesiastes 4:5 KJV
(5) The fool foldeth his hands together, and eateth his own flesh.Jesus Sums It Up BestMatthew 5:22 KJV
(22) But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. Today Is April Fools Day: Many pranks are played to make someone look silly. Yet Jesus says to call no man a fool. Fact we all do silly things to make us look foolish to each other from time to time. Even when we have all are ducks in a row. The problem is when the world is laughing and you are not. Then you are playing the fool to the world. Fact is laughing at ourselves is part of understanding our imperfections has human beings. We laugh when we see a polar bear or a penguin slip on ice, because they are born in ice country, but for some one to slip and fall and break a leg it has lost its humor.
|National Library Day|
by Christina Farris
Nation Library Day April 12, 2016 observance. Along with spring cleaning this month it is a good reminder to go through your bookshelves and disregard any book you do not want and take it to your local public/church library. If you enjoyed a book, I am sure someone else will. It might not be a book you will read a second time, so pass it on, unless it is a collector item. Take time to read a book this month, something you enjoy not just your Bible. There many things to read and learn about in this world. Your Bible should be the one book that study everyday to keep in tuned with what God actually says. Yet in the world there are many voices and stories of life. Not all good and not all bad, some fiction, and some facts.
Everyone has opinion or observation in life. Some write down what they learn and others write down only facts. There are books of poetry, romance, mystery, novels,history and comedy is just to name a few types of books in the world. Not all glorify God but all glorify man. Pick up a book today and go to place you can only go by reading about it. Pick up your Bible and go to Jerusalem, or to the time of Christ. The Bible will speak of heaven and will not reach beyond the vision of what heaven must be like.
Forgot to mention. Check out your local library on facebook ad see all the children's programs they offer.